Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Jack's LS1 Calais Wagon build thread

Started by VLWAGONIT · 29 Dec 2012 · 123 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLWAGONITArchived member
Got some work done on the rear end over the weekend. removed everything, cleaned it all and painted everything (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/null_zpsf4f4e9d0.jpg.html) I also found out just how stuffed all the suspension is so im looking at replacing all the bushes, shocks and sway bars when I get my tax back[COLOR="Silver"] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Orded a tailshaft loop yesturday morning and it rocked up this morning. Pretty happy with it. Now just got to wait for the rest of the stuff I orded yesterday to rock up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PSI-EFIArchived member
Making good progress mate she's looking good. You think it'll even be worth bolting up the m90? It's different I spose. Gl with that
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Thanks man. The m90 will defenetly happen eventually although it will take alot of work as I will need to either fabricate a custome exhaust manifold etc if I have it on the passenger side or figure out how to fit it on the plenum as there might not be enough room there for it to sit horizontal
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Had a heap of stuff I orded a few weeks ago rock up now so hopefuly get a chance this weekend to get it all on the car (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/null_zps25cd71b4.jpg.html) Under car surge tank oil filter relocation kit with oil cooler plumb back bov 044 bracket Tailshaft loop Still waiting for a few other bits and pieces too rock up but atleast I'm still making progres Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Got most of the surge tank, plumb back bov and oil cooler setups in today. I'm not 100% happy with where the pump sits and how the lines run for it but there isn't much room for it so might have to mount the pump where the fuel filter is and mount the filter where the factory high pressure pump goes Need some more 5/16th line for the surge tank and I'm planning on cutting the fuel lines down to near the starter motor to neaten up the engine bay next time I do some work on it. Need to get some 1" line to go back go the intake for the bov Need to make sure all the threads for the oil filter are the right ones. From what I can see, I might need to use an oil filter off a Holden 5L for the thread to match which also has the advantage that I can go a larger filter aswel. I ended up mounting the cooler between the radiator and intercooler just because it was easy to put it there with the lines they gave me and its out of the way Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Car still isn't running (Hasn't been for over a year now) but at least it has new rims and that is what really matters (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2014-05-03095203_zpsf8460fa8.jpg.html) Simmons 16" V5's with white wall flappers. I had been thinking about getting a set for years and finaly found a set for the right price from an old CT member (CT member discount FTW) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Big update!! Finaly got around to purchacing the stuff I need to put the roof racks back on (after nearly 3 years) so in about a months time I will actually get around to putting them on the car. Have been hoarding parts again to get it on the road after over a year of it sitting under a cover. Just got to find the time to put it all together and get it tuned now!
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
love the rims! gold is the way to go aswell but polish those lips! pulling them down and reassembling isn't that hard. How far from running is it ? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Yeah the rims will deffinetly be getting cleaned up, I put them on the car just after I got them and havn't touched them since I have probably 80% of the parts I need to get it running, I have the money to get it running, I just have zero time atm to do any work on it unfortunately. I am going to spend this comming monday afternoon working on it, hopefuly get the motor and box bolted up and then can measure up the tailshaft and get that made up. Will also be getting most of the wiring sorted in the next few weeks so it should be running and moving under its own power with in the next few months. As long as I have it running for summer I will be happy, no massive hurry atm Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
as the weather starts getting warmer you'll have daylight etc to get into it
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Its more work/uni taking up all of my time atm. Might end up dropping the wiring loom and ecu off to get modified on monday.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Update time. Starter conversion kit it on Gearbox is on Motor and box are bolted up in the car Extractors are on Engine loom has been modified and is on the engine VT twin spot front brakes are on with brand new braided lines Power steering is finally connected after over 2 years New plenum is on (old one was cracked) Still to do: Make a new shifter Tail shaft Finish exhaust cooling system Wire engine loom to the body and re run battery cable on LHS of car Put dash back together Install Kaaz 2 way LSD Skids (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/0ABF38F6-2679-4569-811E-7B71B6BA038C_zpss3hxhfzs.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/8B9818A4-C9D6-412C-B096-78D494F882F2_zpsqgtcdr8m.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/4B2BE990-F674-44ED-871D-A3F1CDDDD6DC_zpsklgkrxrx.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2AA86BA9-2F4C-4EC3-B9EF-37E127FEB6D4_zps9qh43lv9.jpg.html) Also here are some pics of a few of the other little things I did on it a while ago (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2013-09-06171316_zps77827662.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2013-09-03185718_zps67a65a22.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2013-09-03183602_zpsef3944d3.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/2013-09-03182235_zpscd0dcccc.jpg.html) ---------- Post added 02-09-14 at 20:54 ---------- Oh yeah, It now has an LS1 and TR6060 in it as well.... ---------- Post added 02-09-14 at 20:56 ---------- For thoes interested, I have used Pacemaker engine and gearbox mounts, Pacemaker Extractors and CRS Starter conversion Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
After over 2 years of owning this car I have finally got it to start with the LS1 in it!!! Too bad I then found out it had dropped a valve at some point (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/10352930_10154634163095576_3901189918052603767_n_zps78506a29.jpg.html) On the bright side, it fired up straight away, fuel system is done and I know that all the wiring works - just needs to be tidied up some more Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BUDArchived member
**** not good did you have to modify your exhaust so it wouldn't hit the chassis rail at all
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
It doesnt have an exhaust yet, Just open Pacemaker headers. I still haven't decided what I want to do for an exhaust
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Lovin' it bro.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Bit more of a set back (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/145872E7-0722-4043-845A-3F40C033E903_zpscdsj0sp0.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/81D8E787-AE4A-4A2B-91BC-97E3A7A89B8C_zpsy2g6xjee.jpg.html) and to top it all off there are some score makes on the bore as well. I can honestly say I am over this **** Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Oh my vl keep given the love
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
i hate that crap. thats why you buy a running donor car. good luck man. if it was a running car you'd be loving it and the cash time and effort wouldn't matter at all.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,466 threads, 74,966 posts and 920 images saved from CT

30.6% of indexed threads saved