Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VLT project, colour?

Started by crowieee · 7 Dec 2012 · 40 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

crowieeeArchived member
Yeah it's the BMW brown haha ---------- Post added 11-12-12 at 21:04 ---------- And thank you who ever added original colour to the poll!
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
original factory colours is the best investment and talking point for your car.
0 likes
PROMASTERArchived member
As what most people have already stated bud, and there absolutely right, go for the original colour will be worth your while trust me.
0 likes
crowieeeArchived member
Suppose I could, then change it if i wanted to without wasting $5000+ getting one of the other colors painted over!
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by crowieee [View Post] I was originally going to keep it a factory colour, then came to the decision to go all out, use it for shows. Also, I like to do things that are different to most, hence why I'm leaning towards the brown If you're after something different, for a car that's going to be used in shows a factory color wouldn't be that appealing. Two out of the three colors you've listed have been done before, so you should be able to get a good idea if it's something you like.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Assuming it's a Calais? I reckon marrakesh brown over silver could look alright. I like factory colours, but I also like when someone does something different. When I painted my VL everyone said it would look crap, even the painter tried to talk me out of it! After it was done I was very happy with it, and even 10 years down the track I reckon my choice was spot on, so if you want something different, think hard about it and go with your gut. If you've got good taste it might blow people away once done
0 likes
MUSArchived member
^^What colour did you paint your vl?? Alot of people tried steering me clear of painting my vl phanton black over mx and to respray it in marenallo... I went with phantom, best decision i ever made from this to this Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Mine was a fairly radical change, from this... to this... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I have always been inlove your car <3 Is that siverslate?
0 likes
crowieeeArchived member
That's a good point evlhsv, will definitely take that into consideration! Yours looks awesome too! I'm a fan. ATM I'm thinking that I'm going to just get a factory color respray, possibly white over silver.. And then down the track look at the brown or something! Gonna be a long hard think!
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Mine was VX HSV insert grey metallic (VX GTS front bumper insert colour)
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Nice colour choice.
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
I had this dilemma painting mine, chose to stick with a factory color. Although i dont mind that weird brown, considering it's brown lol.
0 likes
crowieeeArchived member
Haha yeh, I think I will keep it a factory colour. If I don't it'll be the brown as I don't think there is another vl in that colour, n I think it'll look pretty neat Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
You can tweak the factory colours a little bit of pearl, hard or soft metalic flip. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by crowieee [View Post] That's a good point evlhsv, will definitely take that into consideration! Yours looks awesome too! I'm a fan. ATM I'm thinking that I'm going to just get a factory color respray, possibly white over silver.. And then down the track look at the brown or something! Gonna be a long hard think! When we say factory colour we mean what ever colour your paint code code says... defeats the purpose of going factory colours in my opinion.. Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] You can tweak the factory colours a little bit of pearl, hard or soft metalic flip. No you can not. lol ---------- Post added 12-12-12 at 21:17 ---------- Someone needs to ban me from this thread. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
aus880Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steff [View Post] When we say factory colour we mean what ever colour your paint code code says... defeats the purpose of going factory colours in my opinion.. No you can not. lol ---------- Post added 12-12-12 at 21:17 ---------- Someone needs to ban me from this thread. correct Steff Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Is it possible for a mod to get banned from a thread? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Ban yourself steff. I'll drop you a PM when the factory white pearl tweaked over silver hard flip respray is done Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steff [View Post] When we say factory colour we mean what ever colour your paint code code says... defeats the purpose of going factory colours in my opinion.. No you can not. lol ---------- Post added 12-12-12 at 21:17 ---------- Someone needs to ban me from this thread. Speaking from 6 years in the Paint and Panal industry. Any colour can be modded granted its no longer going to be a factory colour. but colours come out (Slightly) differant any way - from brand to brand like Glasurit to De Beers and, - from the guy mixing the colours as its very easy to get it wrong Even when they rolled off the factory line there where colour differances from plant to plant Candy apple blue has my vote Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,795 threads, 78,708 posts and 975 images saved from CT

31.5% of indexed threads saved