Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Widest tyre on rear mini tubbed

Started by grunter01 · 29 Nov 2012 · 66 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BruconArchived member
Just ordered the mini tubs from mcdonalds bros racing for $275, they want $2800 to fit the tubs, a but of ****ing around I'll save 2 grand, I want to notch in the rails to get maximum room for tread
0 likes
boostin01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Brucon [View Post] Just ordered the mini tubs from mcdonalds bros racing for $275, they want $2800 to fit the tubs, a but of ****ing around I'll save 2 grand, I want to notch in the rails to get maximum room for tread how far can you notch rails inwards without destroying strength? and what sorta width tyres should you then be able to fit?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Sorry I've been slack... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Do not touch the exterior of that VL and roll up to the highway. Boss.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Haha under all the dust the car is pretty nice.
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Cheers Luke. It's not changing mate! Haven't got any good pics of everything now it's powdercoated underneath but I'm more than happy with it
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
car looks good, did it take long to do that setup?
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
I'm a Chippie by day, so it was a long process finding the time for it. I pulled it off the road 15 months ago and the rear end and cage were finished a month ago. If i had a good crack and wasnt flat out with the business i couldve smashed it out way faster
0 likes
OVR-800STArchived member
Looking good Jakey boy ready for the Nats or holiding off for powercruise?
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Cheers nugget, was going to do the nats but I'm still a bees d!ck off from it running so don't think ill make it. Powercruise 110% though. What's happening with your beast?
0 likes
OVR-800STArchived member
not much banned from entering summernats this yr so just going to come with a mate in his VL but already entered in powercruise for sydney so def going to have a bash around there
0 likes
GAS747Archived member
Mines mini tubbed to the chassis rail Street I use a 275/60/15 Track I use a 28 x 10.5
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Good stuff, powercruise will be unreal this year so many canberra boys going. I'm sure ill bump into you at the nats for a drink anyway mate. Which vl you going in?
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by OVR-800ST [View Post] not much banned from entering summernats this yr so just going to come with a mate in his VL but already entered in powercruise for sydney so def going to have a bash around there LOL.. what'd you get banned for?
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
yeah cant wait to go to power cruise, hopefully i have my setup in my new car buy then.... just got to pull my finger out... ---------- Post added 17-12-12 at 20:51 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by GAS747 [View Post] Mines mini tubbed to the chassis rail Street I use a 275/60/15 Track I use a 28 x 10.5 are your 275's semi slicks or just normal tread...
0 likes
GAS747Archived member
275 ET radials Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
OVR-800STArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by InsaneVL [View Post] LOL.. what'd you get banned for? Got banned fo to many skids basically! ---------- Post added 18-12-12 at 09:26 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by vl4skids [View Post] Good stuff, powercruise will be unreal this year so many canberra boys going. I'm sure ill bump into you at the nats for a drink anyway mate. Which vl you going in? prob will be in Niges VL or another mate with a White calais
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
Did your mate only get the white Calais Have red interior and buy it from Sydney?
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Is Nige taking his car? Is your mates name Jesse with the white Calais? And it is grunters old car hey
0 likes
OVR-800STArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vl4skids [View Post] Is Nige taking his car? Is your mates name Jesse with the white Calais? And it is grunters old car hey yeah he has entered! yeah my other mate is Jesse, yeah grunters old car ---------- Post added 18-12-12 at 14:33 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] Did your mate only get the white Calais Have red interior and buy it from Sydney? yeah man its your old car
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today109

11,530 threads, 87,483 posts and 1,153 images saved from CT

33.7% of indexed threads saved