Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
30-11-12, 07:58 GMT+10#21 From my understanding, if you want to use synthetic oil you have to use it from the first oil change then use it every time and don't chop and change between mineral and synthetic. I don't even like changing between brands of oil but that's just me being fussy.
15w-40 is the manufacturers spec, so something close to that should do the trick.
0 likes
30-11-12, 16:49 GMT+10#22 15w-40 or 20w-50 is what all the lubrication guides i have read reccomend.
0 likes
30-11-12, 16:54 GMT+10#23 I prefer a mineral oil I was using Mobil super 1000x2 15/40 changing the oil before every meet and the bearings still looked really good when I pulled it down, you really need to run a engine in for 10,000 Kms before changing to a synthetic oil,
0 likes
02-12-12, 22:25 GMT+10#24 mmm well mayb i need to giv it a good flush n go back to what i was using...
0 likes
03-12-12, 17:23 GMT+10#25 Like said above oil viscosity isn't going to effect your engine temp tho!!!
0 likes
03-12-12, 20:00 GMT+10#26 yeh but id rather just use what i was using cuz 5w-50w is a bit thin! n ill prob look into gettiung new clutch fan... got a dual core radiator on it n also looking into getting a 3core PWR one in the near future...
0 likes
30-12-12, 09:56 GMT+10#28 Many people running a full synthetic 10w-60?
0 likes
30-12-12, 10:10 GMT+10#29 I recently done oil change n im using ULX110 10-40
0 likes
30-12-12, 11:44 GMT+10#30 Yeah good choice I'm running ulx in both my cars found to b a very good consistent oil from cold starts to a slight increase of horsepower
0 likes
30-12-12, 17:34 GMT+10#31 Yeh noticed bit of a change in th car...
0 likes
30-12-12, 17:49 GMT+10#32 Royal Purple XPR 10W-40 Been using it since early 2011 and have had a freshen up since and everything was nearly new still.
600+rwkw 9500rpm circuit car 35 psi and E85...
0 likes