Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

10sec car,Whats required

Started by d.k.vmatt · 26 Nov 2012 · 56 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

d.k.vmattArchived member
Haha all merchanics are idiots as you don need any skill to do it... I should know.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Oh, yep this thread just powerslid sideways..
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Jet R31 [View Post] Whats a mercanic?..lol cheers darren Parts fitter Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ChemicalArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steff [View Post] Lol! Or a set of P plates and a user account on calais turbo will happily see you in the 10s. quote of the year lol
0 likes
d.k.vmattArchived member
Whats the diffrence between a exec and SL?
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
Get down the quarter mile between 10.00 and 10.99 seconds should do the trick...
0 likes
ROB2019Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLCT88 [View Post] Get down the quarter mile between 10.00 and 10.99 seconds should do the trick... Lol so good ..
0 likes
PetrosArchived member
There are a million ways to skin a cat. Important questions. What do you currently have exactly ? Car wise and mods. What is your exact budget ?
0 likes
d.k.vmattArchived member
Right now I have a vx super 6 and I know it will cost a fortune to make it do the times I want. So I posted this to see how hard it would be to get a 10 in a vl and it seem to be a lot easier an cheaper then the 2 tonne of vx would be.
0 likes
pro747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt [View Post] Right now I have a vx super 6 and I know it will cost a fortune to make it do the times I want. So I posted this to see how hard it would be to get a 10 in a vl and it seem to be a lot easier an cheaper then the 2 tonne of vx would be. Well mate if you can find a neat vl that's already half done you will be saving a lot of head ache Im aiming for 10's my set up is Wade 1147c Crow springs Mild port Arp headstuds Jd custom intake Standard exhaust with 60mm wastegate welded in Gt35/40 .82 rear Apep forged pistons Standard rods and crank Arp rod bolts All bearings Hastings rings N1 oil pump 660Cc injectors in a custom rail 044 Standard intank pump Turbosmart rising rate reg Adaptronic e420c Box: Jatco 4n71b 3300 stall (Currently building a deece 4n71b) Car is daily driven tuned on 98 so I can drive to any track and back home Stretches tune 17psi full tune will be 25 pound but not game to try that with out the new Box haha can't wait for the holidays so I can take it down for its maiden voyage Btw I don't wanna get in the middle of anything but I don't see what jetr31 did wrong to get the unjust comments above Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vl_gigaloArchived member
Buy mine and ull be 90% of the way there for not all that much
0 likes
7FOUR7Archived member
but it's pink
0 likes
d.k.vmattArchived member
Will it matter if the car is a manual? Any wiring diffrences?
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
Chuck an LS1 in a scooter... that should do it
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLCT88 [View Post] Chuck an LS1 in a scooter... that should do it Haha. Don't put a manual in it mate, the amount of wiring is crazy, and will just add extra weight to the car.
0 likes
VLPSI88Archived member
put this in your vl, should do the trick http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/e...p-new-for-2012 (http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/engines/sar-1005-2150-hp-new-for-2012)
0 likes
d.k.vmattArchived member
That would make an awesome coffee table. So using a manual shell car and converting to auto isn't worth the trouble?
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt [View Post] Haha all merchanics are idiots as you don need any skill to do it... I should know. An internet forum will most likely be more qualified than someone who works on cars for a living... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
d.k.vmattArchived member
I work on cars. It doesn't mean I modify them, I post here asking just what goes into building a setup to make a VL go into the 10s and still be reliable enough to drive it home.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
You're on a VL forum, there's no such thing as a reliable VL haha.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today104

9,470 threads, 65,863 posts and 795 images saved from CT

27.7% of indexed threads saved