Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
26-11-12, 10:24 GMT+10#21 I would only sell up again to use the money for another deposit on a house I I didn't have it saved up. But other then that I wouldn't sell up, I feel lost with out having a toy....
0 likes
26-11-12, 10:34 GMT+10#22 Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff
[View Post]
The way i see it, is money comes and it goes. Dont ever let it stop you from doing something you really want to do in life. If it costs you 70k to build your vl in the long run well then who gives a ****. If your going to sit there cursing that it owes you 70k then dont even bother starting a project. Dont have the money strait away? Do it over 10 years. Atleast you get what you want out of it..
Well said agree 100%
0 likes
26-11-12, 10:58 GMT+10#23 I spent a fair amount on my VL over a 10 year period straight out of school, sold it 4 years ago as I had had my fun with it and wanted to spend some money doing up my house. I renovated then sold my first house, then spent almost a million bucks (mostly the banks money) buying a section and building a house. It was more rewarding than my VL build (more stressful too), it goes up in value, and now we have a nice place to live. By doing this I've been able to make an extra $150k in a relatively short period, which I wouldn't have been able to do if I kept my VL or started another car project
I don't regret spending a truck load of cash on a VL, and given my time again I would do it again, but sometime you have to grow up and spend money on something that will help you in the long run. Or you can just continue to spend money on cars and be broke you're entire life...
0 likes
26-11-12, 11:29 GMT+10#24 I'm in the same boat, I sold up to pay off my debts and save for a deposit on a house. And although I don't regret it as such, I wish that I'd have been a lot wiser. If I'd put my money towards savings for a house instead of cars when I was younger.
I'd probably be debt free in a house by now, with enough money to have toys.
0 likes
26-11-12, 19:10 GMT+10#25 LOL everyone has fair comments!!! just keep going i soppose maybe one day ill get to the point i want.
0 likes
26-11-12, 19:51 GMT+10#26 yep you do, i would like to give up, i have ****all time to build a car, but
the haters keep me going..lmao, nah seriously cars are always the same, everyone i have built has killed me, but when you cruising along in it for the first time, its the best feeling in the world, I can't wait to take my kids in the R31 again for a sunday drive
cheers
darren
0 likes
27-11-12, 04:29 GMT+10#27 Quote:
Originally Posted by trkdup
[View Post]
LOL everyone has fair comments!!! just keep going i soppose maybe one day ill get to the point i want.
You've only spent 20k, keep going till you've well and truly over capitalized, only then you will learn the lesson that a lot of us have
0 likes
27-11-12, 06:18 GMT+10#28 Yeah get out wial ya still can lol ^^^^
0 likes
27-11-12, 06:46 GMT+10#29 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
You've only spent 20k, keep going till you've well and truly over capitalized, only then you will learn the lesson that a lot of us have
Tell me about it. All i wanted was a magazine feature, to build a neat, show worthy car... i did it, it got a feature, and i didnt really care.. lol
0 likes
27-11-12, 07:07 GMT+10#30 Now all you want is a cover for Better Homes and Gardens?
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-11-12, 07:33 GMT+10#31 Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
[View Post]
Now all you want is a cover for Better Homes and Gardens?
Ahaha, we'll said bax!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-11-12, 07:34 GMT+10#32 Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
[View Post]
Now all you want is a cover for Better Homes and Gardens?
LOL I've had some good coverage on some of my work, but never that!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-11-12, 07:41 GMT+10#33 My new garden will be magazine feature material in a few years All I have to do it water it (automated irrigation, so not physically) and every year as it gets better my house goes up in value. My garden can't do skids, but it does make me happy seeing its development
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
27-11-12, 09:54 GMT+10#34 True i have not spent as much as the rest of you all. I wont go that far their is not much else i want to do. maybe another 10g and ill stop lol
0 likes
27-11-12, 10:59 GMT+10#35 It's a tough call, I've got a mate that really wants to spend 40-50k on his car. I've tried sharing my experiences about how you'll never see that money again, but it's falling on deaf ears. It's just one of those things that you have to learn yourself I guess.
It's just hard for me to sit back and watch a mate commit financial suicide wanting to get 40-50 thousand dollars on a loan to do up a 30 year old car.
0 likes
27-11-12, 11:24 GMT+10#36 Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
[View Post]
It's a tough call, I've got a mate that really wants to spend 40-50k on his car. I've tried sharing my experiences about how you'll never see that money again, but it's falling on deaf ears. It's just one of those things that you have to learn yourself I guess.
It's just hard for me to sit back and watch a mate commit financial suicide wanting to get 40-50 thousand dollars on a loan to do up a 30 year old car.
That's ludacris. I'm all for spending big cash you'll never see again on a project car, but it has to be money you've earned BEFORE you throw it away. Getting a loan for a project car is plain stupidity
But hey, sounds you've tried talking to him, some people you just can't help and these are the guys you'll see working behind the counter when you take your 2028 HSV GTS in to get twin turbo'd the day after you pick it up from the dealer
0 likes
27-11-12, 11:38 GMT+10#37 Yeah it is one of those things you just need to learn yourself. But everyone knows that its their baby and they would never want to sell up unless they had to. BUt true also evl earn the money dont loan it,,!!!!
0 likes
27-11-12, 12:11 GMT+10#38 thinking of selling mine probably soon. its a tough decision. mine hardly ever gets out but always leaves my pockets empty from things that always pop up that have to get repaired. Will see how things go.
0 likes
27-11-12, 21:19 GMT+10#39 Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB 747
[View Post]
thinking of selling mine probably soon. its a tough decision. mine hardly ever gets out but always leaves my pockets empty from things that always pop up that have to get repaired. Will see how things go.
Don't do it! Urs is too nice u won't find another like it, and every nice sunny day u will just look at that empty spot on the drive instead of cruising
0 likes
28-11-12, 01:26 GMT+10#40 WOW its sad to here most of these story's but they are so true.
I haven't spent a lot of money on my vl's purely cause i do most of the work my self but more importantly i set my cars up never for crazy unreliable power, but enough to keep me satisfied. I guess thats the key to my success with vl's and rarely do i have any problems. Also i don't think i could ever get away from the car scene cause its to deep in my blood.
0 likes