Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
07-10-12, 12:55 GMT+10#21 ****s sake guys..! www.Facebook.com/millie.stoddard (http://www.Facebook.com/millie.stoddard) << is were I keep photos of ME this is only for my CAR (: I am flattered by your um enthusiasm lol but I am only here to talk about VLs what do you think this is? Eharmony.com? ha ha
0 likes
10-10-12, 18:34 GMT+10#23 hey millie you say you've got nearly everything ready to go, minus the turbo. So what are your plans in regards to ecu/inj/cam combo as canberra doesn't have the best tuners and you definitely can't keep it stock if you're planning on going t4.
I'm going microtech as Jake from Jakes performance is by far the best tuner in canberra and he's good with microtechs
0 likes
10-10-12, 20:34 GMT+10#24 lol, sad sacks. Never seen a girl before.
0 likes
12-10-12, 11:51 GMT+10#26 Been pretty busy over the last week going over my car checking every nook and cranny for signs of wear + tear..
fixed up the power windows in the rear they are all hooked up now, new brake pads on (not my doing), bought new bushes, fan belts + brake discs to put on when i get time.. also took off the loose rear garnish to be re-sprayed an attached again properly.
Unfortunatly the aftermarket fuel pump has been hooked up to the tank really farken dodgy! (like most things on this car when i got it a few months ago!!!) anyway that seems to be were the petrol leak is coming from so will need a new fuel tank and fix all that up. Gosh what else, manifold came in the mail but i am always running out of $$ fixing these little things that are more important than bolting and charger on at the moment. Bloody VL's sometimes i tell ya! Grrr.
Not a very flattering photo but awwell (: Happy friday guys.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12-10-12, 12:40 GMT+10#27 Hey Millie, just yell out when you want whitewalls done. Good to see more girls getting into the scene, and getting your hands dirty too. If you ever need a hand or are after any parts etc, let us know
0 likes
12-10-12, 18:30 GMT+10#28 awesome (-: will be in touch in the coming months
0 likes
12-10-12, 22:17 GMT+10#29 Yeah good to see another girl around and from Canberra if you need anything I'm from Canberra as well feel free to shoot me a pm with any questions or if your after pars etc.. Cheers Chris
0 likes
31-10-12, 13:41 GMT+10#30 Pics (: (: casue im bored
interiror.
ha ha ha
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
31-10-12, 18:22 GMT+10#31 Sorry i has this on my computer and your pic reminded me of it so thought id post it..
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
09-11-12, 17:11 GMT+10#32 Where you get the front rocker cover pcv hose, nissan still stocking these?
0 likes
09-11-12, 19:06 GMT+10#33 Not sure hey. Thanks Chris(: I'm sweet for parts, have 2 complete VLs garaged back down home on the coast that I rape for parts so if anyone in Canberra is chasing something particular let me know because I'm going down to take bits off next weekend. saves paying $100 for a ****ed old door from CJs in Qbn (they originally asked for $150!) biggest rip offs!
Here's my exciting night in adding some feminine touches to the rear varnish before I spray it black tomorrow and re attach. nail polish worked a charm! ha ha
---------- Post added 09-11-12 at 20:28 ----------
and my friend telfs new tidy calais..evs **** box in the back ground ha ha.
---------- Post added 09-11-12 at 20:32 ----------
and my friend telfs new tidy calais..evs **** box in the back ground ha ha.
---------- Post added 10-11-12 at 11:29 ----------
SO today I am going to spray the black bits and re attach them all but not 100% confident on the re attaching part like what kind of glue or whatever is it I need?
plus I'm need to clean the engine bay and I know what are the obvious bits to cover so they don't get wet but I feeling a bit clueless days like today I just want to get stuck into my car but no one is here that has a clue this weekend. Help lol
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
10-11-12, 18:36 GMT+10#34 Well I may need some stuff in the near future when I start the reassembly so I'll keep it in mind and shoot you a pm if I need something..
Cheers Chris
0 likes
11-11-12, 10:49 GMT+10#35 No worries, just try give it a week or 2 notice if possible (: I checked out your thread and it wouldn't let me leave a comment but like to see all the effort u put into the vl wagon of yours not a huge fan but looks like you've got yours done up right looks mint!!
0 likes
13-11-12, 17:18 GMT+10#36 Cleaned the engine bay and found more dodgey stuff happening under the hood the like cover for the timing belt wasn't even attached just hanging loosely with all the chords zip tied in the wrong places. plus the battery mount has been taken out obviously for this dolphin battery but it's just been bouncing around! but look how clean it is now can't wait to get my tax return and lash out on her..turbo here we come ttzzzutuztuztuzutu (: (: (:
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
15-11-12, 06:31 GMT+10#37 The bay came up really well. Keep up the good work. It's awesome to see these being well maintained.
0 likes
15-11-12, 08:48 GMT+10#38 Good to see another manual. Looks good. Plans?
0 likes
15-11-12, 21:28 GMT+10#39 Plans:
-Source a decent NEW t3/t4 turbo so i can bolt on the kit asap.
-Tint windows
-Lower on king springs i just realized i still have at home
-Install speakers/amp/sub.. re-wire the head unit..
-17" Rims with really really really thin white walls
But sooo many jobs need to be done in the meantime as you would expect with these old cars but ill be coming back from merimbula with a ute full of parts in 2 days thank GOD. needs a new fuel tank. need to spray and touch up tiny bits on the exterior. need the calais uhh.. what u call it were the cigarette lighter is suposed to be? anyway that whole bit. sunvisor clips. needs a re-wire so the high beams to stay on.. theres no air con hooked up no horn. its never ending isnt it !$!
Also.. im not bad with a pen and paper so im going to draw something up and get a mad custom sticker printed for the rear window - not saying what yet (:
---------- Post added 15-11-12 at 22:31 ----------
And thanks guys. i have limited people to rant to about my VL it is nice to come on here, chew your ears off and get inspiration (: cheers!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
16-11-12, 09:33 GMT+10#40 If you're looking for ideas or technical info on how to do things, have a look at people's build threads. Some people have a link under their display picture next to "Car" (on the left of this text).
0 likes