Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

Vn v8 won't start

Started by Mr Calais · 6 Sept 2012 · 24 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

Ant_manArchived member
I'm guessing you tried starting it on gas with new dizzy
0 likes
Mr CalaisArchived member
Yep. Tried both and same for both. Would a hi energy coil make any difference because I'm using a stock coil.
0 likes
Mr CalaisArchived member
How many earths are on the motor and body in the front? I have cleaned and sanded the body where the battery earth to body is and the other from the alt to body as well.. Is there any I'm missing? Just about had enough I this car. 2 weeks it's off the road now and nothing makes any difference.. We are thinking of just buying another car soon and either parting this car out or leaving it in the dirt road and leave it to rust out and grow into the ground..
0 likes
Mr CalaisArchived member
I got the car towed to the mother in laws mechanic yesterday morning and at 3pm rang them and they didn't know the problem yet.. They know what has been changed and what happened but could not pin point where the actual prob is. Have not heard from them today yet but will ring them at 3 to see if they know any more yet..
0 likes
Ant_manArchived member
Did you ever solve the starting issues
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today111

12,639 threads, 100,013 posts and 1,278 images saved from CT

36.9% of indexed threads saved