Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

.....another intercooler thread :S (cutting up piping???)

Started by DSPRINT · 21 Apr 2012 · 23 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

DSPRINTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] lol why is this thread still goin? if people cant think of a simple solution like this they possible shouldnt be around vehicles. I like to think i sorta came up with the solution before i even started the thread, i just wanted some reassurance and advice. While i know it's a very basic problem/solution, I've never owned a turboed car before ( certainly never fitted a cooler) and don't really know what I'm doing. I was just asking for a bit of guidance to make sure i didnt balls it up. next time i'll just whip out the band saw and start hacking sh*t up... ive always wanted a convertible.
0 likes
BangaVLTArchived member
When I cut my intercooler piping on my GK Tech to fit the AFM, I used a centre punch to raise dimples on the alloy piping. I ran 15 psi for months and never had an issue. I used T-clamps to match the rest of the clamps. Any good radiator shop can roll the same lip onto your pipework if that the way you want to go. I would cut the intercooler pipe 3/4 of the way through so you can bend it to line up and the get the pie slice welded up ( cheaper and better way ) IMHO
0 likes
MurphArchived member
I'm in the process of putting one of these kit in atm. The pipe im having trouble with is the bottom inlet pipe not lineing up with the turbo outlet pipe. It's about an inch to far to the left (hasn't been bent far enough to over). Would a 45 degree bend be enough to solve this issue? Only plan to run 10 psi as injectors, fuel pump and computer are all standard still. Will i have issues with blow off's? Cheers.
0 likes
ledoucheArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 12maneym [View Post] lol why is this thread still goin? if people cant think of a simple solution like this they possible shouldnt be around vehicles. lol exactly took me a whole 10 seconds once it was semi fitted to see what i needed to do ---------- Post added 03-05-12 at 10:45 ---------- and the problem when fitting is where the outlet form the turbo connects to cooler it hangs down way to much and cant help cut the bend off and put a 90 degree but u will still get same prob at cooler this is why he stopped making them the last batch was not right ---------- Post added 03-05-12 at 10:46 ---------- and u wnt have issues with blow off on 10 psi i ran 12 for a while never had issue
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,779 threads, 204,928 posts and 2,275 images saved from CT

54.9% of indexed threads saved