Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Turbowerx Dyno Day May 27th

Started by TroyVK · 8 Mar 2012 · 79 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

sherman89Archived member
Hahahah. Yeah dyno comps are sort of lame, but mainly because normally there 3 cars that make decent power than 35 that make 310hp... This one should all be big power cars which is fun, so should be good!!
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calais25t [View Post] Austab has the bets up if troys gonna show up on yet another event he has posted, although dyno and supra do go well in the same sentence. dyno comps are the biggest wank, look how big my **** isn't contest , only real dyno is 400 m of black track at willowbank if u want a genuine figure!......."2jz no ****" haha typical douchebag response especially from someone that never drives their car lol Whats ya best power and ET's ??? if thats what its all about thats all Will be an awesome day, should be 5+ cars making over 1000, cant wait, gonna boost mine for the day now its sorted The Supra was making 800rwhp at powerplay but was playing up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vanstrien [View Post] haha typical douchebag response especially from someone that never drives their car lol Whats ya best power and ET's ??? if thats what its all about thats all Will be an awesome day, should be 5+ cars making over 1000, cant wait, gonna boost mine for the day now its sorted The Supra was making 800rwhp at powerplay but was playing up Douchbag? I drive my car more than you drive urs vanstian, you wont find me trailing my car to an event! wow imagine seeing 5 cars spinning up the dyno making 1000hp plus gives me hard on thinking about it,... why wernt they at summernats? contesting horse power heros? ---------- Post added 17-03-12 at 09:55 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by vanstrien [View Post] , cant wait, gonna boost mine for the day now its sorted precisely why dyno days mean **** all, a dyno tune is a lot different to a every day street tune. i have run mine I ran a 14.9 at 108 although i could do a mad dyno run, high boost good fuel no load on the drive train 2jz Fark yeah! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by calais25t [View Post] Douchbag? I drive my car more than you drive urs vanstian, you wont find me trailing my car to an event! wow imagine seeing 5 cars spinning up the dyno making 1000hp plus gives me hard on thinking about it,... why wernt they at summernats? contesting horse power heros? ---------- Post added 17-03-12 at 09:55 ---------- precisely why dyno days mean **** all, a dyno tune is a lot different to a every day street tune. i have run mine I ran a 14.9 at 108 although i could do a mad dyno run, high boost good fuel no load on the drive train 2jz Fark yeah! Cool story bruh haha yeah trailing it to an event to save fuel and incase of breakages is **** hey lol I dunno why they werent there, ask the owners lol dyno days mean nothing to you cause youve never made any real power man now go cry in the corner again like a good little bit ch high boost good fuel no load on the drive train 2jz 4L Fark yeah! Fixed Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
^^ lol
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
He must have a ****load of coin or something so that when he races, if he breaks something he can pay for a tow But if your only trapping 108mph then your not making enough power to break stuff lol I on the other hand would prefer to trailer my car to the track, therefore it's already setup to go, your saving petrol and if something breaks, your all good to go home Could I drive it to the track, definitly! But the smarter thing to do is trailer it U can't get defected that way either I'll be at the dyno day, will I make 1000+? Who knows, don't really care, it's just a bit of fun My timeslip is what I'm aiming for
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TroyVK [View Post] He must have a ****load of coin or something so that when he races, if he breaks something he can pay for a tow But if your only trapping 108mph then your not making enough power to break stuff lol I on the other hand would prefer to trailer my car to the track, therefore it's already setup to go, your saving petrol and if something breaks, your all good to go home Could I drive it to the track, definitly! But the smarter thing to do is trailer it U can't get defected that way either I'll be at the dyno day, will I make 1000+? Who knows, don't really care, it's just a bit of fun My timeslip is what I'm aiming for Exactly right, and if ya running some meth too. dyno day will be awesome doesnt matter what anyone makes i reckon, im gonna boost mine just to see what it will make then see if the 2 speed will handle it at the track lol Yeah cant wait to get out to the track hey Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
When u get of ur massive ego and come back to reality Scott you will realise that power equals money, do you not think we would all have 1500hp if we spent all our money on a vl, do a *** time, exchaser has proven a budget performance engine can do it, but you won't see him entering **** measuring how much money do you have comps!
0 likes
leb vltArchived member
^^ different ppl build there cars to suit wat they want, how boring would it be if every1 has the same thing, maybe get of ur high horse and appreciate different aspects of the car scene and not only wat u believe it should be all about! At 14.9 at 108mph don't think it's as easy for u to push more boost and run race fuel to get ur d1ck increasing number!! Get over it, just cos ur cars stock with a paint job n wheels n u street it doesn't make any other 1000+rwhp car any less streetable! They choose the smarter option to trailer it to events so it doesnt get defected! Rant over.
0 likes
vanstrienArchived member
EGO Rednut? hahaha oh wow i havent laughed like that in a while. You ask anyone that knows me you piece of dog doo and you will know that i dont have an Ego problem. Must be hard putting a 25 in a vl hey, so many complications, so many custom things you had to make?? no? Just face it man you got absolutley nothing that will bring me down, your jealous, graham doesnt want to deal with you, your cut, time to move on, get a life, maybe a sence of humour while your at it if you had all the money in the world but no knowhow you would never make 1000hp I never want to make 1000hp, i want to enjoy what ive created and spent hundreds of hours on. Drive it on the street like i did lastnight. I dont know how you drive yours without a box of kleenex next to you everytime you get a stone chip Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Power doesn't equal money RELIABILITY equals money Big difference
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vanstrien [View Post] EGO Rednut? hahaha oh wow i havent laughed like that in a while. You ask anyone that knows me you piece of dog doo and you will know that i dont have an Ego problem. Must be hard putting a 25 in a vl hey, so many complications, so many custom things you had to make?? no? Just face it man you got absolutley nothing that will bring me down, your jealous, graham doesnt want to deal with you, your cut, time to move on, get a life, maybe a sence of humour while your at it if you had all the money in the world but no knowhow you would never make 1000hp I never want to make 1000hp, i want to enjoy what ive created and spent hundreds of hours on. Drive it on the street like i did lastnight. I dont know how you drive yours without a box of kleenex next to you everytime you get a stone chip I'm sorry but if u had all the money in the world you could have any dyno output you want, that's a *** stupid comment. Thanks for calling me a red nut piece of dog poo cut me deep. Glad I could give you a laugh Scott . I have nothing against dyno days or big horsepower cars which are obviously going to be present. The Grahame comment is ridiculous mate yes about a year ago I asked him for some help and he said he can help me what's with this dosent want want too bs? He's always been helpful too me! Xo Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
no_springArchived member
All in all........people still like seeing 1000 plus hp cars on the dyno, ****, even I like seeing dirty 4l vl's crank 500hp.......sorry Scotty, I had too. Haha. Pretty sure it's safe to say as much as the day will be about big hp, it will be as much about smashing some beverages with the good ppl from turbowerx, spot on, hi torque etc etc. maybe I just talked it up coz graham leant me his box after he smashed the green vl and coz I have his old rear end in the wagon. Meh, see y'all there!!!
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
sniff sniff l smell a bit ch in here
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
If u make 1000+rwhp, I don't care who u are, that deserves respect! A lot of money, time, effort and good ideas is needed to make that much hp Thru a manual, that's about 1200-1250hp That's over 400hp per litre with a 3lt Sorry mate, only 300hp with a ford 4lt lol That's the same as an sr making 800hp And that deserves respect I think There's not many 1000+rwhp 6s around in aus If u get to that point and it's still a street car, can still drive in traffic, has over 3k of fullboost, that's a pretty good combo u have built! It's not "hard" to build a 1000+rwhp car, but to keep it alive and having it street able isnt easy I'd take my car over a 300rwhp car anyday Hell I made almost 400@11lb only spinning to 5000rpm Now it's got a built motor and possibly a bigger front wheel in the turbo I'll cu there guys, can't wait!
0 likes
HYPED6Archived member
Dynos are tuning tools. Nothing more, nothing less. Honestly, I love dyno comps. There are ways and means for cars to make horse power on dynos. This builds and promotes the industry for all of us to enjoy. Its just another aspect of the sport that we all love. But its like comparing a car that can run 150mph to a car that can do sub 60 around lakeside. Its not bad or good, its just different. I wish I had 1000 rwhp.... in anything.... ever..... But i don't, and im not upset. Regardless of crap that comes with a day like this, as I have said before this is the biggest dyno day since Hi Torque over a year ago. Its going to be awesome with the best cars on display in QLD. For the guys that make a ton on the dyno.... well done. For the guys that trap 160+ well done..... for the guys that do sub 60 sec on lakeside.... you know the drill. All of these things are massive achievements. Many of which very few of the people on this forum have done. Let the dyno day be exactly what it is to be. A dyno day where we can measure the power at the rear wheels, not the weight of the car, or measure the quality of the ass end or the handling in general.
0 likes
PRO840Archived member
Very true Sean you are different and we like you.
0 likes
trackbt1Archived member
good read for a sunday morning Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
FATMANArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HYPED6 [View Post] Its not bad or good, its just different. precisely P.S 14.9 makes me feel a little bit better about my consistant 14.2's with no 2nd gear.
0 likes
PVL-747Archived member
I was doing 14.5 in my NA VL back in 2001....lol.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today110

11,947 threads, 91,402 posts and 1,228 images saved from CT

34.9% of indexed threads saved