Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
01-01-12, 00:55 GMT+10#21 But one thing we have to put into perspective. Is it really 169'000km's??
0 likes
01-01-12, 01:11 GMT+10#22 Is the car a genuine factory turbo thats the first question i would be asking. yes it a nice straight car going off the pics. my opinion for what it si worth. 10k is not a lot try building the car for that price trust me it costs a hell of alot more. if its genuine definatly pay the money. good luck its best to see the car in person to really go over it .
0 likes
01-01-12, 11:54 GMT+10#23 to the right person its worth it, its a car that you wouldnt have to build on. I think 12k give or take is a reasonable price considering its all good on inspection..
0 likes
01-01-12, 14:02 GMT+10#24 ^^ the 'right person' hasn't come along yet and probably won't at $12K
there's lots of shiny looking VLT's with later wheels that have been for sale for ages for around this money, pls show me what makes this car so special esp considering by its appearance it's owned by a young guy
0 likes
01-01-12, 14:12 GMT+10#25 It looks like it'd be a great cruiser with that stereo, or a solid base to put some more power into it.
I think $8,000 would be a good price to pay for it, it does look like a pretty clean car and the install of the stereo is well done. (As stated by others, would be preferable if the car was an S2)
0 likes
02-01-12, 01:16 GMT+10#26 CAR HAS BEEN SOLD, missed out apparently....
For the record I offered him $9k.
Thanks to everyone who provided feedback, much appreciated.
0 likes
02-01-12, 17:32 GMT+10#27 That car is great, even comes with the original rims, I think 12G is a give away, should be 18G.
0 likes
03-01-12, 19:35 GMT+10#28 bummer, that would have been worth the coin, if i wanted it that bad i woulkd have found the money.
i don't think there's anything wrong with paying a little bit more for a car you must have.
way i see it you already offered him $9000 (which is pretty sensible offer) and you let it go for only a few grand.
which you would be sinking that sort of money into it any way after a year or so.
so whats got your eye now? Anything else as take your fancy?
0 likes
03-01-12, 20:58 GMT+10#29 yeah it was a bit weird actually, cause I spoke with guy 1 day prior I made the offer.......but its still for sale on Carsales, anyway, not to worry it wasn't meant to be.....
BTW I thought $9k was a good starting point.
Still looking, I think this is a beautiful VL
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=234934
The only problem is, if I bought it, I would just stare at it and not drive it..... ))
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
03-01-12, 23:58 GMT+10#30 Stereo systems are a head ****...and really..nobody cares about them.
Still looks like a tidy car, can't tell without looking at it or higher resolution photos - but it's worth more than $6k!
I'd say $10k is fair enough.
0 likes
07-01-12, 08:53 GMT+10#31 The new car you posted i seen this a while ago on carsales, if you wanted a very clean original VLCT and wasn't gonna butcher it, id say go for that car.
looks very clean and very neat.
0 likes
07-01-12, 09:42 GMT+10#32 Quote:
Originally Posted by aus880
[View Post]
^^ the 'right person' hasn't come along yet and probably won't at $12K
there's lots of shiny looking VLT's with later wheels that have been for sale for ages for around this money, pls show me what makes this car so special esp considering by its appearance it's owned by a young guy
So if this car fell in your possession as is, you'd really be looking at offers of 5-6k for it before deciding to part with it? I think not.
I've seen non turbo VL Calais' fetch 4 to 5k...
---------- Post added 07-01-12 at 11:45 ----------
And for the record, it would appear the car sold in excess of 10k and yes there was a suited buyer for the car, wish you were a car salesman aus, everyone would be walking out with bargains!
0 likes
07-01-12, 10:06 GMT+10#33 people who are saying 5-6k are kidding themselves, with the audio install, and every i would pay up too atleast $11k for it.. and if i was in the market for one and he wasnt moving from 12k i'd pay that aswel...
0 likes
07-01-12, 11:48 GMT+10#34 Price is all relative to what YOU want to pay. People can dream big if they want, they may get it, they may not. In my own opinion, that car is worth at least 9-10G. I've seen much worse sell for only marginally less.
0 likes