Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Clutch?

Started by ink · 18 Oct 2011 · 41 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

caibsArchived member
400 @ 13 psi on the allstar dyno. although to me it feels more like 330-ish compared to my vl. i'll get a stronger wastegate spring and crank it up once i've got the clutch sorted
0 likes
vlthunterArchived member
id go a berry, next manual i have, thats what i will be trying. proven on some cars making big hp and are still quite driveable from memory...
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
there are still alot of clutches out there similar to the jim berry and are a hell of alot cheaper
0 likes
7FOUR7Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT [View Post] what is pedal feel like with a twin plate? too heavy for street duties? twin plates are much lighter and more street friendly then a hard core single
0 likes
inkArchived member
I ended up committing an extreme drift clutch, pretty pricey, feels light and bites hard. I was dead keen on the carbon series clutches by extreme, but i heard that you have to get them heated up to clamp well, otherwise they'll slip. I'm hoping this clutch will hold up and last.
0 likes
rb25vlt8Archived member
Nicee cruze time ay ct is dead resuscitate it Alex !!!!
0 likes
wizo6Archived member
I have Always Used Direct Clutch Twin Plates they work well In all cars I have been Involved with Waynes Dyson's Rx3 Runs 7.68@183mph with a direct twin Plate so Jack I don't think U will break the clutch Mate I have had good results with there single plate sprung centres good for Up to 400hp at the wheels
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
Anyone tried an exedy hd button obviously quite heavy and have heard they fairly harsh on the 33 box?
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
yeah thats what iv got. i havnt had it slip but then again iv only driven with it behind a stock motor... didnt slip with second gear limiter dumps though :/
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
Hows the on/off side of things feel?
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
its not as bad as a ceramic clutch - i like it
0 likes
inkArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Reformed Anyone tried an exedy hd button obviously quite heavy and have heard they fairly harsh on the 33 box? I had a exedy cushion button clutch, but it only lasted for 18months...I've heard bad things from a couple of ppl about exedy lately in regards to durability and HP
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
exedy have gone down hill dramaticly i had a exedy HD button clutch lasted bugger all on a stock rb25det setup street driven so as a quick fix i bought a cheap clutch industries RPM button clutch and has lasted a hell of alot longer than the exedy but im still not happy with it. im either going a direct clutch or a NPC clutch in the next few months once i get back up on my feet
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
I have heard those f1 racing clutches do the job aswell...
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
my exedy hd has lasted decent on my stock VLT setup at 10psi, no slip, good pedal feel, cant fault it
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
I'm trying to find a clutch for my 25/30 but can't make up my mind with all the mixed information out there lol. the motor isnt finished yet but to start with it should have at least 230kw so a clutch that can easily handle between 230 and 280 kw is what i'm after. Will be used for regular street duties and probably given a bit at events for some fun however not trashed everyday it's driven. i was looking at a exedy hd button clutch because of cost (only 550 delivered) but now i dont even know. this is my first time actually having to buy a clutch as ive mainly driven autos.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
contact direct clutch services, NPC clutches and jim berry and way it all up with what they say
0 likes
inkArchived member
A good clutch isn't cheap and a cheap clutch isn't good lol I kept trying to cut corners or look at cheaper clutches but eventually I bit the bullet and payed extra to (hopefully) ensure I got the right clutch. I don't mind a little less drivability if it lasts and clamps well.
0 likes
obseshnArchived member
this is where the good old saying of DO IT ONCE DO IT RIGHT comes in so dont skimp out on a clutch not worth it i did and i regret it so another box pull is in need
0 likes
ReformedArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ink [View Post] I ended up committing an extreme drift clutch, pretty pricey, feels light and bites hard. I was dead keen on the carbon series clutches by extreme, but i heard that you have to get them heated up to clamp well, otherwise they'll slip. I'm hoping this clutch will hold up and last. So what's the feedback on the clutch man? Im looking at the same or exedy hd at this stage for replacing next week...
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today28

19,546 threads, 219,563 posts and 2,392 images saved from CT

57.1% of indexed threads saved