Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
02-11-11, 16:46 GMT+10#21 Don't worry, I'll eventually get behind the wheel. I didn't have time to get a license or do any passes at test and tunes. All in due time. I wouldn't say I handed the keys to spot on to race. Andy at spot on is my best mate, and without him and Danny on board for the build, the car would still be sitting in the garage.
The whole idea was to build it right the first time, take it on its first outing and throw down some real numbers. And that wasn't going to happen with me behind the wheel. Danny has driven plenty of big hp cars and wasn't going to let any of us down. After all the money spent and hours put into the build, there was no way I was going to take it to jamboree and run piss weak times.
Neither myself or spot on wanted to see that happen.
I'm sure if you look around, alot of big hp cars getting raced are not owner driven at the track.
I'm glad I can trust them to take my car racing while I'm at work earning money to find the next stage of the build.
This is just the beginning
0 likes
04-03-12, 23:26 GMT+10#22 Quote:
Originally Posted by no_spring
[View Post]
Don't worry, I'll eventually get behind the wheel. I didn't have time to get a license or do any passes at test and tunes. All in due time. I wouldn't say I handed the keys to spot on to race. Andy at spot on is my best mate, and without him and Danny on board for the build, the car would still be sitting in the garage.
The whole idea was to build it right the first time, take it on its first outing and throw down some real numbers. And that wasn't going to happen with me behind the wheel. Danny has driven plenty of big hp cars and wasn't going to let any of us down. After all the money spent and hours put into the build, there was no way I was going to take it to jamboree and run piss weak times.
Neither myself or spot on wanted to see that happen.
I'm sure if you look around, alot of big hp cars getting raced are not owner driven at the track.
I'm glad I can trust them to take my car racing while I'm at work earning money to find the next stage of the build.
This is just the beginning
I only just read this forum on the wagz. Ha ha ha
But well said Josh. Alot of people don't understand what it takes to race these cars to there full potential let alone just hang on to it.
Went are talking about a 800hp race car with a 10.5 slick under her it's a handful it's not a stock rb30 with a dose pipe it's serious ****.
So for anyone that has a go at ya they obviously have never been close enough to a race car to understand it's not a walk in the park hanging on to these cars.
0 likes