Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Technical help
Technical help

So I've seen the light

Started by GLD-086 · 4 July 2011 · 31 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

[SLY.747]Archived member
If i was going to check out any VS clubby it would be this one, low km, panther mica, manual, leather, dvd, extractors, exhaust, and in your budget http://calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=207622
0 likes
WoggsterArchived member
Silver VS GTS, one of the hottest looking cars Holden ever produced in my oppinion, the shape still looks great today. Get a VS Clubby or a Senator (if you dont mind driving auto)
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
215i Senator 6 speed... yes pls.
0 likes
vp_ssArchived member
Could definitely get a vs senator for that kind of coin, much better trim that a clubby. I had a 215 one a few years ago now and it was one of the best cars i have owned. Thats where my money would be pointed
0 likes
aus880Archived member
for $10K you can get a VX SS and have change, mate sold a nice one for $7500 recently a VS SS is nice and would be my choice of the two you asked for and would be even less you say fuel economy doesn't matter but it will, trust me plus an HSV is high theft risk plus very high insurance so why would you? plus parked at a TAFE is asking for it to be taken and many of the older HSV models like VR's look very, very dated yet a VS SS doesn't anywhere near as much esp in a colour like white
0 likes
OUT2ANIL8Archived member
let me clarify to u NASTY1 i didnt say vs calais, i said vn calais,the vn shape and the calais when there done up look way better than any vt stocker,and i was refering to spoilers on a mockup version not a original clubby or hsv,but the vl calais outclasses all models.
0 likes
PSI 05LArchived member
Really you can get a VT-VX ss for 8.5k-9k easy. nicer to drive than a VR-VS and you will have a LS1! beter value for money for sure. but depends what you prefer. I myself would rather a VL but that's me (not for a daily tho)
0 likes
GLD-086Archived member
Thanks for all the opinions guys. I'm not really fussed about modifying which is why I'm not really drawn to the LS1s, but I didn't factor in the high insurance cost. That maybe something I'll have to look into. Either I'm done with 6s. It'll be a V8 Commodore one way, or another. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DEVNT8Archived member
DO IT! i love my senator... full comp really ain't that expensive i pay 90 bucks a month and my excess is $1500 because of my driving record (I'm stuck on my P's till I'm nearly 25) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
whats expensive? how old are you? when i was 19 i was paying im pretty sure around $2000+ for my turbo silvia insured for $8000 and now im 24 and paying $2000 for my senator insured for $28000. i dont think a VR-VX would be that much
0 likes
GLD-086Archived member
I'm 25, but I just got off my Ps in April. My current VL is $68 a month.
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
and apparently now 28 is the age when insurance goes down for males.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,084 threads, 195,439 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.8% of indexed threads saved