Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Where are they now - VL's from VLCT.com.au??

Started by TuxedoCal · 30 Aug 2018 · 70 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TuxedoCalArchived member
Injected LS V8 HotHouse Green Machine - Harlequin VL Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Green VLC 'Hypdup' Silverslate VLCT 'Ubnext' Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Sorry for no posts for a while, I've been sick for a week then I was catching up on work around the house, now even though it's midnight I can finally get back on this website and post some more pictures of VL's. Orange Injected V8 VL Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Another Orange V8 VL beast!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
This was a spare VL that I had in 2016. It was a project that required a tidy up and after I cleaned it up I had to sell it because I had no room for it and I didn't want to leave it parked out on the street where it could get stolen. The SA number plates were a fluke as they were VLE714 which I thought was a good reference for VL LE even though the car was actually a standard executive VL Auto painted to look like a Calais. I sold the car for way too cheap at $2700 and the young lad that bought it worked locally at a Hyundai new car yard but he sold it on after putting silver 7 inch interceptor cop rims on it and he sold it for a good price, alot more than what I sold it for, apparently he sold it on FaceBook. I have not seen the car driving around since. When I put it up for sale alot of people from VIC & NSW wanted to buy it so maybe he sold it to someone interstate. Has anyone seen this car anywhere since 2016?? ---------- Post added 27-11-18 at 22:30 ---------- Below - This is what the VL first looked like several weeks after I bought it and after I gave it a good clean up. Then I prepared to spray all the black outs which was time consuming and tedious but resulted in the Berlina/Calais look as seen in the pictures seen above this text. See pictures below of some of the stages of black outs repaint. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Burgandy COPJET VL sedan. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Red VLC turbo mock with Monaro wheels and custom side moldings. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Well after a busy xmas and new years period I have finally got back online to post on this site again. I had time consuming problems with fixing a turbo jet ski and a mobile phone crashed on me so they prevented me from spending more time on the internet and in particular posting to CT.com.au. Here is the next lot of pics to view and ponder 'Where are they now?' Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
This is one sweet Silver HDT VLC - This Black machine has had several different wheel options over the years - Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
is mak03L still around?
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Wow, long time since I posted on this thread. I have had too much problems with my turbo jetski taking up my spare time, then I swapped a fishing tinny for a v8 ski boat and the ski boat required a lot of work but now it's all running and usable again, then someone crashed into my wife's car so it's been a hectic 4 weeks or so. Here goes with the next lot of pictures...finally! This is one nice looking GOLD VLC v8. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Here is another Black VLC and as I also have a factory black VLC you will understand why I think this VL is one of my favourites Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Here is a custom Volvo Purple VL V8 Calais Director that you may not have seen around for a while, where is it now??? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Single tone Blue VL sedan from WA, last posted on CT website in 2008 and owner at the time had CT profile - 'Tunzbig'. ---------- Post added 09-04-19 at 22:33 ---------- It should of had this picture posted, my mistake and I cant edit the previous post so I have to make this new post with the correct picture in it. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteveArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TuxedoCal [View Post] Single tone Blue VL sedan from WA, last posted on CT website in 2008 and owner at the time had CT profile - 'Tunzbig'. Not sure what's the latest with that.. Pretty sure hes in Russia somewhere these days! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve [View Post] Not sure what's the latest with that.. Pretty sure hes in Russia somewhere these days! I wonder if he's driving a classic Russian LADA bucket of bolts, that would be a far cry from his VL days. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Photo 1 shared by TuxedoCal
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
White VLC with white wheels - superb combination!!! Awesome example of a white VLT Berlina!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
Photo 1 shared by TuxedoCal
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
This is a very interesting looking Playboy themed VL and I've never seen anything like it. I has a very distinct look and I like it for something different. Has anyone spotted this car in recent years anywhere or has it been repainted and now looks completely different??? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Candy Piiiiink. This is the way to stand out in a crowd!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT