Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VL Calais Turbo (sereis 2 leather)

Started by soillam · 19 Jan 2016 · 46 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gdshArchived member
The spare wheel well was a disaster. Someone along the line decided they�ll bog up the drainage hole, smart idea hahah! Rusted the **** out of it. I was lucky enough to get a replacement panel and fixed and sprayed inside the boot. BEFORE (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/soillam/media/IMG_3914_zpsaoqa4xf9.jpg.html) AFTER (http://s1071.photobucket.com/user/soillam/media/IMG_3909_zpsrvx4qpgc.jpg.html) Hey buddy, nice work. Where did you source the spare wheel well from? Thanks. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
Nice work buddy, looking excellent
0 likes
soillamArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by gdsh [View Post] Hey buddy, nice work. Where did you source the spare wheel well from? Thanks. Cheers man. I got the panel off the shelf from rare spares but the guy told me it was the very last one left, he said they might not be selling them anymore but that was at least 3 years ago now so it's worth a try
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Beauty of a car mate, hopefully a mod can move it to the correct section so it gets more views! I came across it by fluke. Keep it up!
0 likes
VL_JOHNArchived member
Nice car mate!
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Excellent work young fella. Good to see people putting the effort in to tidy up these nice old girls, long live VLC. I had a silver VL exec that a young fella had ruined so when I bought it I tidied it back up and resprayed it and it came up nice. I sent pictures to the 2nd owner and he stated that it looked just how it did when his dad bought it new many years ago as the 1st original owner. Some times I did up Torana's and VL's just to make sure they didn't end up in the wreckers or sold for parts. Even if I didn't make a profit on the cars I was happy to see that they were getting used again instead of sitting around in a sorry state of affairs. So I say to you....keep up the good work buddy and great to see another SA VL looking sweet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
All I can say mate, is wow. You've done an astonishing job.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today8

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT