Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

1986 VL Build

Started by Psychotik · 1 Sept 2015 · 72 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

brusselArchived member
just consider what your end goal is going to be, if you keep going the way you are now your gonna blowout your budget and redo everything or can it like you did with your last vl and buy a Ford . Decide what you want to end up with and work towards that. My vl sat next to my house for three years while i got all the parts together to get it back up and running the way i wanted it to Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by brussel [View Post] just consider what your end goal is going to be, if you keep going the way you are now your gonna blowout your budget and redo everything or can it like you did with your last vl and buy a Ford . Decide what you want to end up with and work towards that. My vl sat next to my house for three years while i got all the parts together to get it back up and running the way i wanted it to Making it run is my goal. Also I canned it because it had rust everywhere. Was not as clean as my current. I furthermore was on my L's so couldn't easily acquire parts. Hence why I lost interest and swapped it for the SS. Not a bad decision in hindsight because now I have the VL, despite its issues, it is a clean example, and I do not intend to sell it anytime within the near future. Oh and. I. Will. Never. Buy. A. Ford. Period. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CurlyArchived member
I bought a Ford, it's not that bad. My Calais is just sitting there now (probably a good thing as the paint is in an embarrassing state) Sucks to read about the turbo set up in it. At least you pulled it all down before even more went wrong. Shouldn't be too hard to sort the CAS out. All the best! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
Looks Nice!
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Curly [View Post] I bought a Ford, it's not that bad. My Calais is just sitting there now (probably a good thing as the paint is in an embarrassing state) Sucks to read about the turbo set up in it. At least you pulled it all down before even more went wrong. Shouldn't be too hard to sort the CAS out. All the best! Yeah man. Its a real pitty. Oh well. Also I retract my previous statement. I remembered XD Falcon's exist. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Car should be running within the next week or two. Turbo gear got sold (Updated in OP), and I will most likely be purchasing some Venetians within the week.
0 likes
formula3lArchived member
I've got 16 inch pursuits,white venetians and a 3 inch difilippo exhaust if your interested
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by formula3l [View Post] I've got 16 inch pursuits,white venetians and a 3 inch difilippo exhaust if your interested Interested PM'd.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
more pics !
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] more pics ! I'll post some up later today man. She has been sitting there for a month or so now. I haven't found anyone to do my headgasket for me for cheap.... Last time I drove it, it came home on a tow truck...
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Headgasket should be done tomorrow. Here's some new pictures. Recent picture of her (took the other day... looking sad because she hasn't had a wash) Picture with a mates FG. Cleaned the interior (besides the seats). Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
- New Head Gasket. - New Dizzy (Crank Angle Sensor went, so replaced whole lot). - New Throttle Cable (Ordered; picking up and fitting tomorrow). - New Oil Filter. Hopefully this will be the last of my problems.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Car ran for a bit, then f*cked out. Some electrical issues. Gonna have someone look into it within the next few days. Removed intercooler the other day. Currently my short term mod list is: > 15x7 Pursuit Rims + Whitewalls. > Venetian Blinds (Rear). > Fix cosmetic issues. > Do general fixes here and there..
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Car is fine again now. Running well, and electrics seem to be fine now. Wanting to buy the following items: > Venetian Blinds Please contact me on here for my number so we can negotiate thanks!
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Venetian blinds are in.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Now sitting on 16x7 Pursuit Rims with Venetians in the Rear. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
super clean!!!! nice ride
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Just bought another VL. 1988 VL Executive, some bits and pieces are f*cked on it. But I will fix it up. Bought it for 700$ With 3 months rego.
0 likes
PsychotikArchived member
Took the 88' off-road to visit a mate... suspension loves it.... got bogged when trying to turn around... oops. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Xibit0rArchived member
what a score!! that picture went a bit viral haha
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 355 images saved from CT