Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

86 VL Executive Wagon Build

Started by gold-vlt · 20 Aug 2013 · 41 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

gold-vltArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by SIroller [View Post] jesus! is it up and running yet? Haha! noooooooooo. Long way off. Have hardly started on engine yet as it's going to be a full built forged build. I could probably get an rb25det neo up and running fairly easy though as I have a couple of them here that only need assembly and machining. But i only have a r33 5 speed here which needs a clutch so I would rather wait and save for a glide and rb30 build. Besides the combo that I just mentioned is for my series 200. My only real focus is getting this body and rear end setup sorted.
0 likes
gold-vltArchived member
Work finally commencing again on this pos wagon! (have had big health issues that have thrown a massive spanner in the works but going to get this done no matter what). recently cut the stock spring seats of the rails and sold the factory diff to make way for the 9" diff and 4 link setup. Looking at the weld in mcdonald bro's kit and run a 255 tyre. will see how much I can work the rails without cutting to give room for a 275 tyre in the future, If it happens it happens. I'm not too fussed. Then have to replace whole drivers side headlight support panel as I wasn't happy with a repair I found on the original one that must have been replaced after a minor bingle. That along with a couple ****ty rust repair sections and I should be good to throw some panels back on and start gapping panels and prepping for paint etc. the "fun" ****... Also have scrapped the idea of building an RB for it for the time being. Exploring some better options and throwing the RB stuff into the other VL
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today8

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT