Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

1986 VL Turbo build

Started by Be-Hating · 27 May 2013 · 73 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MUSArchived member
Looks amazing. The progress has been epic.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
i secon mus's statement. is that 2pack or acrylic? looking good! is that off gun or has it been sanded and polished?
0 likes
aus880Archived member
looks like carcenogenic 2 pac to me
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by aus880 [View Post] looks like carcenogenic 2 pac to me Dido. Looks to crisp to be acrylic. But photos can be deceiving it may just be acrylic.
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
The old silver and MX Grey combo... nice one!
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Its all 2 pak. Straight off the gun too. Pretty amazed at how flat it is. But I did buy a brand new gun to do it which is a Star 111. Awesome gun for the cheap price of $150 on special at my local paint shop. Thanks all!
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
thats not bad had you painted before like this? my painter told me with vl's he lets them naturally dry for a more factory paint finish (plus bumpers warp bad in the oven)
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
I have only ever painted an engine bay and a few little things. I Painted the bars for the vlas well though and My old man painted the car. Not too keen on spraying colour over big areas yet!
0 likes
Lazza78Archived member
looks mint mate!! top work...pretty sure this is the same car my mate james was telling me about
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Cheers man. James Oram by any chance?
0 likes
Lazza78Archived member
Nah James field
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Hey all. Little more progress. Got most of it together then just got to fiddle with gaps and what not to get it all lining up. Will start on the mechanical side of things after the paint like replace the bushes and struts etc. Cheers anyway! ---------- Post added 16-09-13 at 07:46 ---------- Oh yeah, James feild? Asian dude that used to have the hq. He's sick. The license plates I bought off him are going on this. "684NGR" Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Hey all A bit has happened since the last update. Got the rear trim and badge on, Windows installed, Chucked all new pedders suspension, Nolathane bushes and new brakes under her. have also bought a set of stockies, Gave them a lick of paint ad chucked them on. It's down at the local mechanics now getting a few little things done that I couldn't do so once that's done I'll organise a roady and hopefully get that this week. Looks like a totally different car! Only little things left. But they're the types of things I can do on the road. But for now.. Thanks, Joel. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
satansLBOArchived member
Sweet job! Great motivation!
0 likes
Lazza78Archived member
that's super clean mate!! and yeah that's the james I was talking about
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
thats come a huge way in 5 months since you began congratulations. is it registered yet?
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Thanks everyone! And I'm getting a rwc on monday, Then rego on friday!
0 likes
Be-HatingArchived member
Annnddd she's rego'd! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RB26TTVLArchived member
Great work man, such a long way in a short time. Looks very sharp! I'm trying to pick something you could improve on, maybe give your headlights a clean? And get an aerial in there!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Looks great. Looks even cleaner without the aerial.if I was to pick something I'd say lose the sticker on the quarter window.. Otherwise looks mint! Great work.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 5 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today84

6,483 threads, 43,275 posts and 636 images saved from CT

18.9% of indexed threads saved