Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Crackdown on 'hooning'

Started by Stock_87 · 23 May 2013 · 82 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SLDSHOArchived member
Stuff JDM and drifting. Unless your in a N/A vl in the rain . I think they might have been laying down some new ash-felt maybe? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Stock_87 [View Post] You all have good points, i'll still gripe at being harassed just for driving to work though. The problem is, d/heads that ruin it for us happen to have P plates..the good drivers also have P plates..it's a common thread that groups us all..it won't change but it stinks. Take my TX5..okay maybe it's not the best choice but - I have coilovers because my original shocks were a hazard and I have a front mount because the turbo is old and it needs more air, not to be a dosing douche (edit: I don't mind a good dose). Stupid thing is, my TX5 would get d/cked in a second and the car that gets driven once a week is a stock standard complying VL lol... ITS A SHAMBLE OF A LIFESTYLE but I won't change, nor will any other enthusiasts. It's not that you're a dosing douche, you're just a douche. You've got illegal mods so expect attention and don't moan about it. Cop it on the chin and man up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VlTurboM8Archived member
I've heard that Calder closed so they could make it better like it was in the 90s, heard its getting a new track which should be finished in the next couple of months. and Calder have confirmed that they are speaking with andra and trying to work out a calendar for next year. which is really good so Victorians can go and watch some of the big boys race LEts hope they have at least concreted it full track like willow bank or Sydney. heathcote not to bad concrete till the 60ft
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VlTurboM8 [View Post] I've heard that Calder closed so they could make it better like it was in the 90s, heard its getting a new track which should be finished in the next couple of months. and Calder have confirmed that they are speaking with andra and trying to work out a calendar for next year. which is really good so Victorians can go and watch some of the big boys race LEts hope they have at least concreted it full track like willow bank or Sydney. heathcote not to bad concrete till the 60ft good piece of info , so maybe with a bit of luck it will be open to the public in a few months?
0 likes
VlTurboM8Archived member
that's the plan, should open before the year as Calder park is usually the first to hold the andra/apsa meet, whichever they do first and that is usually january
0 likes
WhiteExecArchived member
In my eyes its you drive a POS or "fully sick hektic" spec vl...... expect to cop the **** Drive a stocker and feel like a grandmother and be normal on the road and you havent got a problem I been driving my stock as a rock exec for 2 years now, not even extractors, never got pulled over except for once when i thought id stick a tow ball on there just to try them out..... and i did, and the cop was nice about it and gave me a warning and sent me on my way Drive a VL 50mm off the ground on 20's painted in a candy/fluro colour with 5% dark tint and expect to cop the penis Drive a nice VL, Fe2 suspension height, light or no tint with venetians and a drop tank rolling on std polished calais rims if its a calais and a nice clean paint job and your sweet, most of the time the cops will just pull you over to comment on how clean your car is and to know more about the car, theres little things that turn your car from an "enthusiast" spec to a "hoon" spec Look at every other XY XW GT, theyre usually rolling with 350+ plus cubes under the bonnet with av gas in the tank and 12 inch fats on the back and the exhaust droppped at the diff, but theyre not getting defected because cops actually see the people who own them as "enthusiasts" as theyre all 30+ plus years old and the car is absolutely immaculate in almost every aspect.... its not what the system is...... its what you make it out to be
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
well said white exec
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
This post needs to be shown to all people new to this site, and especially new to VLs and the like. I'm yet to get my Ps, and I'll be driving a VL, so the last thing I want to do is attract unnessecary attention lol, stock ride height and chasers, that's all. Could not agree more white exec
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Haha lots of comman sence being thrown around in this thread love it. Part of being a good driver is being just that a "good" driver. As far as mods go; if you think it's illegal and your mates think its cool then, it is illegal and it's deffinently not cool. As far as police mentality goes, non of you have spent a day in a police officers shoes. We all see stupid activity portrayed on our roads every day... Well if your a cop you would get tired of seeing the same old shIz. Every one of those (wanna be vin desil) incidences is another tool with a bull crp excuse. It's the only way we learn well some of us. Driving is a privilege Its better to be pulled up every now and then than wall your asz for a to b
0 likes
KALAYArchived member
last time i got done in my vl (it was N/A at the time) i was driving along nicely, they got me for: hand brake too many clicks drivers eat torn steering wheel moves when its locked
0 likes
aus880Archived member
^^ don't eat 'torn' it's bad for you
0 likes
lil_timmyArchived member
^^ good input
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
seems like the hoon laws are becoming more worse by the minute , its becoming more and more harder to drive a nice car on the streets , as police just label everyone as the same .... all the stuff you see on the news doesnt help either , end of the day there only doing there job , the idiots out there ruin it for everyone this is one of the big reasons im debating selling up after summer , sometimes its just not worth the hassle
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
^^ I was thinking of selling up too Nick. And buy something newer like a cv8 R monaro . Something I can drive a lot more and not have to stress about someone running into it or the cops giving u grief . But every time I walk into the garage and look at it, I couldn't do it
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Yeah your right NICK. All these young kids in there ricers really stuff it up for everyone. Just seen a post on facebook where a cop chase's some P-plater for doing burnouts at a car meet. There's a time & place for stuff like that. Just not on public roads with other motorists. It's becoming very hard to own a modified car on the road. Unless you have $$$$'s
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Yeah guys it's getting rediculously hard to drive a nice modified car , an the concequences of doing something even slightly stupid is very severe I like turning the tyres at 100kmh here and there i won't deny that but it's become that bad out there, even when driving normally you have to watch everywhere around for police when driving a modded car I'm just over it , I love my vls and have owned and been around them for years but , how everything has changed I think something more newer with a bit of grunt is more up my alley ! So ill make the most of the car this coming summer and look on the market for something not as out there and cop bait
0 likes
cornchipsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by jetsonrac [View Post] ^^ I was thinking of selling up too Nick. And buy something newer like a cv8 R monaro . Something I can drive a lot more and not have to stress about someone running into it or the cops giving u grief . But every time I walk into the garage and look at it, I couldn't do it Ur lucky u added in the 'i couldn't do it' cos I would have driven to ur house tomorrow morning and taken the keys and books until u came to ur senses!! Lol plus can u imagine the disappointment on the little guys face if the do do car was gone?? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
^^^lol ur a pissa. I've had a couple of close calls past couple of weeks Shano .iv almost been wiped off the road buy some fxxxwit drivers.honestly how much brighter do want the car to be before u can see me.
0 likes
havavbArchived member
I used to get picked on by police quite a lot (young and stupid lost my licence for nearly 2 years for driving whilst suspended since learned better) anyway these days I can bang around in a nice car not get picked on and even a skidder (vn vp etc) and not get picked on. The Police really need to stop targeting P Platers and labelling us as "hoons" yeah some are there will always be a bad egg. But it doesn't help them having some input in shutting down every legal skid pan (everyone knows its all revenue raising anyway). They really need to take their fingers out their ass and do something about the real problem drivers. Just today I was driving up Plenty Rd just cruising on my way to Holden to order some parts for the car and I have this absolute moron speed up behind (easily going 30+ kph over the limit) started tail gating me for no absolute reason, so I moved over to the next lane and this guy still persistant screaming with his hand out the window (glimpses in the rear view at him) so I over took a car to get away from the idiot, next thing my friend tells me he just across 2 lanes to catch me (look in the rear view and his up my ass again) anyway go to do a U-turn (waiting for the tram light to go red) and this guy pulls up next to me (didn't even look to see if someone was going to slam up his ass or not) starts abusing me saying im f****d and the cars getting impounded cause its 70 when not once did I exceed the limit by any more than maybe 5k's when I was trying to get away from the idiot, he then takes off. I think to myself I was in the wrong but im not speeding cutting lanes/cutting cars off, tail gating or harassing someone. the guy mind you was in his late 30's early 40's and looked like he was on some type of drug. I did nothing to aggravate him, his simply a moron. In another instance I was travelling along the same exact road, this is when I first got my new car (well about 6 months ago anyway) there was a guy on the phone (the police seen him) but then they seen a modded commo with a p plate so they went out of there way to come catch me and let the guy off on the phone. they then wanted to defect my car for the exhaust being to loud (which it wasn't the car passed a legit rwc how I was pulled over) as they said my exhaust was to loud a VZ SS ute came screaming past easily 5 times as loud as my v6 and speeding and they did nothing. If them to points haven't proved that there is some kind of discretion to p platers I don't know what will) sorry for the rant lol but good solid points above! Each time I have a witness to prove Im in the right.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Maybe they pulled you over because of your lack of full stops, spelling and general "hard to read stories" in which they could LOL when you tried to repeat them on a forum?
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,459 threads, 43,103 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.9% of indexed threads saved