Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

HSV Release GEN F HSV!

Started by SMOKED · 15 May 2013 · 57 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

*LOACH*Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RJB-223 [View Post] The electric handbrake is not always necessary for hill starts. Instead, when the car detects a gradient/hill the electronic brake control module automatically applies pressure to the calliper pistons and the brakes hold the car. You could engage the electric handbrake yourself if you want and than the handbrake will automatically disengage once clutch is engaged and a certain percentage of throttle is applied. Thanks for the info. Sounds like the electronic brake module could be set up to work with a manual handbrake anyway. Nice.
0 likes
Stock_87Archived member
Face like a bashed arsehole
0 likes
MorgzArchived member
Twice the power of the 215i GTS... sounds good.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Eiv07dKkw
0 likes
b1ancardiArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 5spdvl [View Post] Front - looks like a wrx/subaru Back - Mazda 6 Everyone keeps saying this. While I agree, I dont think thats a bad thing. The Commodore has, gone from bland, to slightly less bland.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
http://www.themotorreport.com.au/565...ures-announced (http://www.themotorreport.com.au/56507/2014-holden-vf-commodore-evoke-calais-ss-ssv-sv6-prices-and-features-announced) . The fact that they stayed under 100k is impressive.
0 likes
Matt.Archived member
No comment. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Shoot me now. Never thought a camry would look more aggressive then a clubby.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Enjoy it while it last. If things keep going the way they are we'll only have new ricer's to compare and modify. I'm happy that Holden is still bringing powerfully cars to the table and not tucking tail like some other company's. It's still an Australian car (for the most part) and an aussie Icon. That being said I think it could do with a bit of originality.
0 likes
RB30DEVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] I'm pretty impressed by the new VF range, especially the HSV styling. They're smart by having their top of the line car with over 600hp too! I'm not too sure why but every where I read everyone absolutely hates the styling and bags out HSV reminiscing about when a walkinshaw was perfect (Yet didnt sell well). I can't wait to see some of these out on the road! Yeah and it would be nice to get better service from Holdens customer service department about these cars, the people through there and the dealers have been less than helpful when it comes to getting quotes either online or over the phone like I can't get through to this rep :- Dear Russell, We write in reference to your recent email correspondence received at Holden Customer Assistance regarding the availability of the Holden VF Commodore SS Sportwagon as a 6 speed manual. As requested, we are responding to you via email. We thank you for taking the time to contact us and wish to advise that currently, there are no plans for this vehicle to be made available in 6 speed manual transmission nor can it be custom ordered. However, please be advised that if such an announcement is to be made in the future, this information will be made available on the Holden website (www.holden.com.au (http://www.holden.com.au)) Should you wish to discuss matters further, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned on 1800 033 349 or via return email, quoting the above mentioned reference number. Yours sincerely, Bridget Hustwaite Holden Customer Assistance Centre This is what I get off this site :- http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and...ce=kidsandcars (http://www.carsguide.com.au/news-and-reviews/car-reviews-road-tests/2013_holden_vf_commodore_review?source=kidsandcars) SS Sportwagon 6.0-litre V8 five-door wagon: $43,990 (manual), $46,100 (automatic) SS-V Sportwagon 6.0-litre V8 five-door wagon: $47,490 (manual), $49,690 (automatic) SS-V Redline Sportwagon 6.0-litre V8 five-door wagon: $53,490 (manual), $55,690 (automatic) Calais V Sportwagon 6.0-litre V8 five-door wagon: $54,990 (automatic) As above , it is the VF Calais V sportswagon which comes with the auto only option, not the VF Commodore SSV sportswagon as I was after technical info on them, I've always had that communication problem with "them", a bit like the people who always get me & my dad mixed up , we both drive Heron white Commodores but his is is a VX1 V6 model, whereas mine is a VY1 V8 SS model. it's always been the same with Holden that the Calais & Statesmans have always been all autos standard, I've heard of people been able to order VL Calais with a manual transmission , I don't know how true that is but, SS Commodores have always had a factory standard manual transmission unless you want to pay over $2000 extra for the auto option. Yeah they probably get annoyed with me because I never buy a brand new Holden but I've never been in a position where I could afford to buy one like that. I've always been brand loyal towards Holden and always a Commodore person and I can't work out why the person I ring up at a dealer is rude to me when I'm after a quote or why their website fails to process a quote. Probably by the time I can afford to buy the later model that one will be 5 years old.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
Lay off the drugs chich.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
hahaha your a weird bloke rb30dvl.
0 likes
GouldyArchived member
The new hsv looks absolutely ****house no way on earth I spend 100k on that
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Gayest Senator in the HISTORY of HSV! And a just as ugly Maloo NO HARD TOP UNLESS YOU GET A R8, GET FUCKED HSV! Buttt i gotta admit, i think the Maloo R8 looks tough in red with the optional rims. The rear still looks like a VE Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
I don't mind the senator, it is very understated however. The maloo is visually just an updated front bar and lights from the E3!
0 likes
jetsonracArchived member
^^ye same here. Went to the VF launch at the Holden dealer the other night. Actually starting to grow on me. They had a brand new VE maloo in there black manual pentagons .for 48 k drive away . Pretty cheap considering they normally 55 k
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] I don't mind the senator, it is very understated however. The maloo is visually just an updated front bar and lights from the E3! Yeah thats gay how they just updated the maloo, considering its siblings had full make overs. I will be honest, their starting to grow on me.... I actually dont mind the front. Its just the rear end I cant get passed. The maloo is a win for me.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I went to holden the other day and seen these in person.... my misses thinks they look like mazdas, I agree! She said " I would drive this r8 because it looks girly". Nuff said. P.s she hates driving my senator because it is too manly.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 357 images saved from CT