Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Vl Berlina Turbo Build

Started by 3lturbo · 23 Jan 2013 · 88 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

BigM22Archived member
100% agree, the VX GTS wheels look super tough!
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
I love your car on both sets of wheels, lol.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Thought i'd better put up a quick update of the car. Made a few really cool changes, one of which is another new turbo, which by far trumps the GT42. Got some big ideas for the engine bay, hopefully have some pics in a couple of weeks once everything's fitted. In the meantime here's a pic of the Hypertune fitted. Also had to get rid of the factory fan and shroud as it wouldn't clear the new piping. [IMG] (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/jay3lturbo/media/1543ff8b-4be0-4ef7-a072-69f48c1cddba_zps9d56b92b.jpg.html)[/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
A progress pic, more to come in the next few days. [ ] Another photo I found of it on the VE's too. [IMG] (http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/3lturbo/media/f6e3dc1c-bffc-4038-98da-8451c89dec79_zpsa4871461.jpg.html)[/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
nice build mate, I'm a big fan. I think vx gts's look better
0 likes
CHRGD6Archived member
+1 for VX GTS. And what's with the bonnet pins?
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltnitron [View Post] nice build mate, I'm a big fan. I think vx gts's look better Cheers Corran appreciate it. Remember always reading your feature in SC back in the day, still is one of my favorite VL's. ---------- Post added 05-06-14 at 22:58 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by CHRGD6 [View Post] +1 for VX GTS. And what's with the bonnet pins? Haha was waiting for someone to ask, some how the bonnet release stopped working, and I hunted around but couldn't find a brand new one so put the bonnet pins on (and I was sick of putting 2nd hand parts on only to have to replace them again). I know a lot of people wont like them, but I think they look alright.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Bought a couple of things for the VL. [IMG] (http://s1166.photobucket.com/user/3lturbo/media/IMG_7114_zpsbac6eb6c.jpg.html)[/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Do I spy Simmons?
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] Do I spy Simmons? That is correct . Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] That is correct . Lol stop holding out!! pics?,,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
^^^ The 2 above profile pics make a good comparison snapshot between the single and double overhead cams.
0 likes
VLC-03LArchived member
nice car very nice. QUESTION what did u have to change to get the rb25 in??
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] ^^^ The 2 above profile pics make a good comparison snapshot between the single and double overhead cams. Lol. Just noticed that; pretty cool!
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLC-03L [View Post] nice car very nice. QUESTION what did u have to change to get the rb25 in?? Thanks! To be honest not much. I just used the rb30 mounts, and I think I had to put the rb25 alternator and power-steering pump on. Street Commodores did an article on it around the same time I was which was really helpful. Not much harder to put an rb26 in though, would be what i'd do if I could start over again.
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Your car is awesome I miss my Berlina Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Antho [View Post] Your car is awesome I miss my Berlina Haha cheers man! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Here you go, a little teaser lol. I'll put a better pic up later. [IMG] (http://s1326.photobucket.com/user/jay3lturbo/media/13bf358f-2032-4f20-932e-cc4c8eacaa95_zps42ca64e0.jpg.html)[/IMG] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
I have a semi.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
*photo removed: not safe for work content - pornographic material* That's unreal mate, can't wait to see some more pics!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT