Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
07-10-14, 23:22 GMT+10#41 Found a new motor out of a VY SS that I am picking up Saturday morning for it. Probably wont get a chance to get it in this weekend though
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
15-10-14, 19:09 GMT+10#42 (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/1002643_10154714371825576_3461391064532024985_n_zpse9e302c8.jpg.html)
First look at the V5's I picked up a few months ago on the wagon and in the sunlight!!!! It will be getting a wash as soon as it is running again in a month or so!
New motor should hopefully go in this weekend if I get time to work on it
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
30-01-15, 15:58 GMT+10#43 Just kicked it over for the first time with the new LS1 and T56 in it and it fired up straight away!!
Dropped the diff off to get a kazz 2 way LSD put in it and dropped the tailshaft off to get rebuilt for the t56 so the only big job left is the exhuast.
There are still a hundred little jobs to do and heaps of small parts to buy and fabricate but its nearly there!
0 likes
02-02-15, 16:06 GMT+10#45 Picked up the diff this morning and that is back in the car.
Updated first post as well
0 likes
02-02-15, 17:29 GMT+10#46 Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT
[View Post]
Picked up the diff this morning and that is back in the car.
Updated first post as well
Have to update the title of the thread as well!
0 likes
20-02-15, 16:51 GMT+10#47 Ok for some reason I was banned from this thread so time for an update.
I am curently studying for an exam next week so cant get too much done on it but I have discovered I need to buy an extention harness for my o2 sensors to make them work with aftermarket headers (wish someone had told me that before) So they are being orded now.
Have decided to go a twin 2.5" stainless exhaust system and half already brought the cats, mufflers and stainless V-band flanges for it so might get that knocked up this weekend or next time I am home.
then all that is left is fill it up with fluids, buy some fittings for the fuel system (may even run 3/8" hard line from the tank to tidy it up since the factory ones look pretty ****. I have found I will have to run them along the gearbox in the trans tunnel to keep them away from the RHS exhaust as well. just need to find somewhere to mount the FPR where it is out of the way and still able to read the guage.
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/324DBDC9-AAAB-4B4E-8BA6-185B065F50E1_zpsd1genzdr.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-02-15, 19:07 GMT+10#48 Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
08-04-15, 12:29 GMT+10#49 Finally, update time!
Yesterday the wagon left the garage for the first time in nearly 2 years on a car trailer to go get the exhaust built!
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/B06A4634-57FF-4DED-8359-CAF9B278195B_zps8fnhr1t8.jpg.html)
This involved leaving 2 big thick black marks up my retarded driveway to get it up to the road and a very interesting 40km drive to a mates place involving not being able to go over 80km/h without the trailer violently swaying from side to side and due to the wet roads, having to take off in 4x4 so the tyres wouldn't light up off the lights......rather than turn the wagon around and balance the trailer, I just kept the speed down....
Exhaust is a twin 2.5" stainless system with 2 cats, 2 mufflers and currently dumps at the diff as we ran out of stainless bends for it.... It will get completed soon as I want the whole car to get engineered.
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/ECF87328-5212-47D4-91F4-7A2B9DD17E52_zpszxx4jpzh.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/9B26587A-EF51-47F3-BB7A-F1C17FED2ECE_zpsa1gxstsv.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/0E97CBE7-20E0-4DB1-B584-9CC6884B8A51_zpsot34jsu7.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/B70B43A1-2B73-46AB-B0BE-FC688A4B3FD5_zpsscobwjkq.jpg.html)
While not perfectly symmetrical, it does hug the body very tightly which is a bit more desirable due to my driveway. Once finished (around 8:30pm), loaded the car back on the trailer and headed home to unload in the rain - super fun times
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/C9750B1F-268D-46C5-9CB4-8B985D1A468E_zpsdrets2cn.jpg.html)
Also made a shifter for the T56 at the same time which is almost perfect, just needs to be bent over to the passenger side to sit central and needs a bit of a tidy up as well
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/899914CC-40B6-4E87-9490-4B165F930F5C_zps5ci1pimh.jpg.html)
Used an eBay short shifter and chopped a heap out of it creating a short short shifter. Feels good to use though
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/A231E229-636C-4F31-AFC3-FDCFAFDD43DF_zpsvp3aosxd.jpg.html)
next up is to fix a few fuel system leaks, bleed the brakes and fix a clutch leak and it will be hitting the road.
Cheers
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
10-04-15, 21:50 GMT+10#51 Got a little bit done today, fixed a heap of leaks in the fuel system, bolted the exhaust up and fired it up with the exhaust on for the first time. Its reasonably quiet at idle even without the full exhaust on but I didn't want it to be too loud anyway.
Found an injector leak as well but that wont be hard to fix.
Getting there
0 likes
29-04-15, 17:18 GMT+10#52 Engine and box are out once again to swap out the slave cylinder and fit the oil pressure and water temp senders as well as tidy up a few other little things and run new fuel lines to clear the exhaust.
Does anyone know what I need to do to fit a VL Rb30 water temp sender to an LS1?
Cheers
0 likes
29-04-15, 20:18 GMT+10#53 I don't...... But please keep the updates coming!
0 likes
29-04-15, 20:47 GMT+10#54 Might get the fuel lines done tomorrow and the just need the heat shielding to go on before the motor goes back in.
Did some panel beating of the trans tunnel to make the T56 fit a bit better today as well and had the lines for the clutch re made so they suit the Malwood slave cylinder and don't leak anymore as well. Winning
0 likes
06-05-15, 18:27 GMT+10#55 Got a bit of work done over the last few days
Fuel lines are done and re installed the under car surge tank and the 044.
Modified the gearbox mount so the box sits more in the middle of the car.
Wired up the gauge cluster and as far as I know everything that is supposed to work - works ( speedo doesn't as haven't hooked it up)
Dropped the motor and gearbox back in and all that is left to do is bleed the clutch and brakes and it should be on the road. Still having issues with bleeding them though - brakes wont bleed up properly for some reason.
also confirmed that the alternator is charging as well so thats a bonus
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/A8F83832-2015-4845-906C-33A9EF9FD247_zpsquokgopt.jpg.html)
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/CE38617B-057B-458C-BE2D-FDC8902A23C2_zps0s4p9bgu.jpg.html)
https://youtu.be/gENFnKl0O6E
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
06-05-15, 19:31 GMT+10#56 Sounds good man bet your happy and keen for a drive?
0 likes
06-05-15, 19:42 GMT+10#57 what level of experience is needed to wire one of these bad boys into the VL? gauges working, etc. I assume youre using the LS1 ECU?
0 likes
06-05-15, 19:48 GMT+10#58 Quote:
Originally Posted by 88wagon
[View Post]
Sounds good man bet your happy and keen for a drive?
Hell yeah - cant wait!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by priceysVL
[View Post]
what level of experience is needed to wire one of these bad boys into the VL? gauges working, etc. I assume youre using the LS1 ECU?
To cut out all the stuff you wont need in the engine loom to suit a Vl - a reasonable amount but there are step by step tutes out there on how to do it.
I was lazy and paid someone for a "5 wire hook up" so all I had to do was literally hook up 5 wired to make it run. While the guy was doing it I had him put a basic MAF-less tune on the ecu and change the tacho output to suit the 6cyl dash.
You will also have to somehow change the oil pressure sender to a vl one (not easy considering where it sits) and tap out the drivers side coolant bung in the head to a m12 x 1.25 thread to suit a VL coolant temp sender ( the thread in the head is m12 x 1.5 from factory)
Hope that helps. Check out my LS1 guide in the tech articles section if you need to know more
0 likes
06-05-15, 19:54 GMT+10#59 Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT
[View Post]
Hell yeah - cant wait!!
To cut out all the stuff you wont need in the engine loom to suit a Vl - a reasonable amount but there are step by step tutes out there on how to do it.
I was lazy and paid someone for a "5 wire hook up" so all I had to do was literally hook up 5 wired to make it run. While the guy was doing it I had him put a basic MAF-less tune on the ecu and change the tacho output to suit the 6cyl dash.
You will also have to somehow change the oil pressure sender to a vl one (not easy considering where it sits) and tap out the drivers side coolant bung in the head to a m12 x 1.25 thread to suit a VL coolant temp sender ( the thread in the head is m12 x 1.5 from factory)
Hope that helps. Check out my LS1 guide in the tech articles section if you need to know more
oh wow, that doesnt sound like much at all. Im a mechanic by trade so im familiar with LS1 oil pressure sensor location and have access to a tap and die set, but the most wiring i do is joining wires together and soldering haha.
I am seriously considering putting one in a VL, if not the wagon another one
0 likes
07-05-15, 11:17 GMT+10#60 There is an adaptor for the oil pressure sender and water temp sender on eBay but idk if they are the right thread for the RB30 senders, I just took the oil pressure sender to Enzed and got them to give me some fittings to make it work and for water temp just tapped it out to the right thread.
You can buy pre made looms for ~$800ish which is by far the easiest. With mine I just plugged it all in and it started straight away and that was with the ****ed motor in it
0 likes