Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
28-11-12, 04:30 GMT+10#41 Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMASTER
[View Post]
WOW its sad to here most of these story's but they are so true.
I haven't spent a lot of money on my vl's purely cause i do most of the work my self but more importantly i set my cars up never for crazy unreliable power, but enough to keep me satisfied. I guess thats the key to my success with vl's and rarely do i have any problems. Also i don't think i could ever get away from the car scene cause its to deep in my blood.
Cars: VL CALAIS TURBO, VL BT1, VL HDT LE, VY SS WAGON, R1, BAYLISS REPLICA 1098R
^^^ How much capital have you got tied up in those? Add cost of money and whatever it costs you to keep those all registered and maintained and I bet you are spending a fortune on your car habit. All good if you have a house and are managing to pay it off as well, but not all can manage that on average incomes
0 likes
28-11-12, 13:19 GMT+10#42 I guess it all come down to Living with in your means. built my first dream car while only having an income of 32k yearfor 2 years (granted i had help from some amazing people) I knew what I wanted vs what i needed.
Any fool can buld a car but not every one lives a life to enjoy it
Never live beony your means or you are going backwards.
If you desire more go out and work smater and harder than you ever have.
Make a plan but never live beond your means. (IF ITS NOT AN INVESTMENT)
0 likes
28-11-12, 15:42 GMT+10#43 Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips
[View Post]
Don't do it! Urs is too nice u won't find another like it, and every nice sunny day u will just look at that empty spot on the drive instead of cruising
its just giving me headaches, pay so much to just recieve problem after problem. have to rewire the whole car cause its rough as guts in the bay and to the ecu and a brake in the wire somewhere.
0 likes
28-11-12, 16:20 GMT+10#44 VLs certainly are a love and hate relationship
0 likes
28-11-12, 16:27 GMT+10#45 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
VLs certainly are a love and hate relationship
need a like button for this comment
0 likes
28-11-12, 16:31 GMT+10#46 I tried to keep ours as original as I could so I would not have any problems.And so far it has worked.Everyone to there own,When I finished ours I became bored and needed something to tinker with(hence the Sandman)It is a learning curve,It pays to research and buy right not cheap!,But we all live and learn.About 6 years ago I got cancer and if it was't for a project like this it would of made it twice as hard to get thru.Life is short so do want you want to do.it may seem silly at times but if it rocks your boat that is all that matters.
Cheers Marty
0 likes
28-11-12, 16:59 GMT+10#47 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
Cars: VL CALAIS TURBO, VL BT1, VL HDT LE, VY SS WAGON, R1, BAYLISS REPLICA 1098R
^^^ How much capital have you got tied up in those? Add cost of money and whatever it costs you to keep those all registered and maintained and I bet you are spending a fortune on your car habit. All good if you have a house and are managing to pay it off as well, but not all can manage that on average incomes
Who said there all registered. Who said I owned them all. End of the day it's what makes you happy. My point was regards to vl's the less mods u do to them
Obviously the more reliable they will be. This has nothing to do with what I earn OR my capital. It's about living with in your budget & what YOU can afford.
0 likes
28-11-12, 19:33 GMT+10#48 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV
[View Post]
but sometime you have to grow up and spend money on something that will help you in the long run. Or you can just continue to spend money on cars and be broke you're entire life...
I don't think it's a matter of growing up, rather a simple decision as to wether your able to continue spending. There's nothing that says if your doing up, or spending money on a car you're broke (or going to be your entire life).
But if you're right then i have some customers who own Rolls Royce, Porsche, and Ferrari collections who are in dire need of growing up.
0 likes
28-11-12, 20:51 GMT+10#49 Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB 747
[View Post]
its just giving me headaches, pay so much to just recieve problem after problem. have to rewire the whole car cause its rough as guts in the bay and to the ecu and a brake in the wire somewhere.
Just take it to daltons, they do it once and do it rite! Before I met chris I went through the same crap, now that he sorted it I just get in and enjoy, never had a problem since I took it to them. The best thing about him is he loves cars and his job so he treats them all like his own.
0 likes
28-11-12, 21:02 GMT+10#50 ^^^^I second that too Daltons all the way. never looked back
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
29-11-12, 00:59 GMT+10#51 Finding a good mechanic is the main key, especially nOw days
There are such good quality parts were you can 100% be able to setup
Your rb reliably.
0 likes
29-11-12, 19:14 GMT+10#52 Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchips
[View Post]
Just take it to daltons, they do it once and do it rite! Before I met chris I went through the same crap, now that he sorted it I just get in and enjoy, never had a problem since I took it to them. The best thing about him is he loves cars and his job so he treats them all like his own.
ill get the wiring issue sorted first then ill prb take it to him to sus out for the motor.
0 likes
30-11-12, 08:04 GMT+10#53 Try Warings electrical in south Geelong for ur electrical issues. They'll sort it. They love working on vl's. and reasonably priced
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
30-11-12, 14:05 GMT+10#54 Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsonrac
[View Post]
Try Warings electrical in south Geelong for ur electrical issues. They'll sort it. They love working on vl's. and reasonably priced
ill sus it out. thanks!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
04-12-12, 04:25 GMT+10#55 Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lturbo
[View Post]
I don't think it's a matter of growing up, rather a simple decision as to wether your able to continue spending. There's nothing that says if your doing up, or spending money on a car you're broke (or going to be your entire life).
But if you're right then i have some customers who own Rolls Royce, Porsche, and Ferrari collections who are in dire need of growing up.
I bet your customers focused on making money before spending it on those cars. Not many people can get a job making $200k+ straight out of school that will allow them to build drag/show cars as well as build investments or a career that will allow them to to buy a Ferrari collection later in life
From what I've seen, the typical young car enthusiast (remember we aren't on ferrariturbo.com where most members would be older and have made money to now spend) spends the majority of their income on doing up their car, I know I did for about 6-7 years. I don't see this is a problem, just if you keep going like that you are less likely to be financially strong in the long term
0 likes