Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Millie (: project VL calais turbo

Started by Millie · 25 Sept 2012 · 63 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MillieArchived member
Thanks bro that helps! yeah I'm no mechanic/computer technician so when people ask questions sometimes all I can think is ??? so addicted to this site learning heaps and getting so keen to get **** done (:
0 likes
MillieArchived member
ye ye yew just arrived home with a car + beaus malloo full of parts. Good times ahead (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
What's the go there Millie? What did you bring back?
0 likes
MillieArchived member
what didn't I bring back more like ha ha.. Just st took every valuable part left on my old calais turbo. Got the centre console cigarette lighter bit I was missing. the fuel tank. steering wheel. 17"s. amp leads. boost gauges and exhaust.. bits of spare panel/garnish/bumper/trim that was in good nick. Still got another VL there with perfect panels and a re built engine so if I need more parts soon (or any of u lads in Canberra) I can probably help. I need some sun visor clips is the only thing.. keen for whitewalls very soon!! I just realised there is NO tread left on these tyres whoops : /
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
I need sun visor clips too, can't find them any where! Get new Tyres, drive around for a week then pm me and we'll get them them sorted! If I need anything ill remember to ask you. Where were you 2 months ago when I needed dash speaker grills!?
0 likes
MillieArchived member
darn I know heaps of people on the search for them too.. mad (: I will PM you about it. can you recommend the best place in ACT to get tyred or doesn't matter? ha ha lets see 2 months ago I was on a leash bro but now I am free to give 100% attention to my car.. love is for fags!
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Haha good stuff, cars come first Millie! Lol. Yeah they're real hard to come by. Yeah just pm me, call or msg [phone removed]. Anywheres good for tires really no good deals going around anywhere in canberra. But your from Southside yeah? Go see John at tuggeranong tyrepower
0 likes
MillieArchived member
Wise words ha ha nah. ok I'll go see old mate john then on Wednesday and txt you next week (: how long does it take to do the white walls?
0 likes
MillieArchived member
me learning how .to spray (-: I bought "bumper black" to go on top now it's prepped but I'm thinking gloss instead maybe..? && more of my bits and pieces, the new manifold there and yes it all looks real filth!! but it's in good shape and will clean up nice (: Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
How did the bumber black turn out? Sounds like it would work, but if its too dull I'd just go gloss black
0 likes
MillieArchived member
I bought it and have been hesitant since i saw another VL with what was clearly a gloss black touch up and it looked mint so I've been stalling keen to get a second opinion. may as well do the job properly if I'm going to do it.. yeah gloss for sure what about the side mirrors and trims that need touching up would that look funny with the gloss coat?
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
I got my mirrors and window surrounds done in satin black...
0 likes
MillieArchived member
satin black hey.. & that turned out nice? thanks heaps for that !
0 likes
VLCT88Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Millie [View Post] satin black hey.. & that turned out nice? thanks heaps for that ! Yer I reckon... not too shiney but not too flat either!
0 likes
mossArchived member
Satin Black is good for skirts, accenting around the tailights, mirrors etc. But the calais boot strip looks good in gloss, matching the tailights (if they are in good nick) As everyone else has said, nice car, good to see a chick in amongst it! Do you have any grey calais S2 interior bits? after seats and door trims and stuff for mine.
0 likes
PSI086Archived member
Best way to revive the black plastics is to rub them back with 1500 and 2000 wet and dry and then buff them up on a plastic buffing wheel with Meguires Plastx. Spray a nice wet coat of Meguires tyre shine on the side skirts a few times so it soaks in and they will come up mint as
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
i just went acrylic bumper black on my side skirts and they came up mint
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
lol just read the first page... no wonder there are barely any women on CT. welcome, you mentioned photos of skids, I would rather look at those pictures!!!
0 likes
vl4skidsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Millie [View Post] Wise words ha ha nah. ok I'll go see old mate john then on Wednesday and txt you next week (: how long does it take to do the white walls? Only just seen this, depends what you want but half hr/hr
0 likes
MillieArchived member
Wow cheers heaps lads (: I so appreciate all the advice. think I've just been schooled in spray painting ha ha! I will go see a mate today and see if I can get this boot trim on and dry for this weekends road trip. Bit of a delay with the whole modifications process but uh, so there's not way my car will be ready for the summer nats unless I win oz lotto... Just had a gnarly nasty break up, moved house and changed jobs.. now my older brother has all or a sudden fallen really crook he is on his death bed the poor lad so my little brother is riding up from Melbourne today so we can do the 4 day road trip north (in the VL) and re connect with everyone. family comes before cars.. 'moss' next time I am at home I'll see what I can find interior wise - or just take a bunch of photos so I know what colour everything is these cars have been garaged for so long I forget what is still left in there sometimes. I will be going down in probrally another week or 2 now it's warming up so more pics then of what I have to part with k. 'thechad' yeah lol your right.. I thought it would be a turn off if anything a girl with a VL comes across as bogan to me like when you picture it in your head doesn't it? lol I've never cared what people thought so it's funny what some guys say.. I just used to get Pissed off when I had a boyfriend and people talked like that but the mods on this site have been good and kept this thread clean for me (: lads. k I suppose we can get some more pics like that up hey (; my friend is coming to film me rip SHrEADs off these tyres on our lunch break today and really let off some steam before my head explodes!! then get new treads for this road trip today. and Jake how's your availability next week? or I will text you my digits actually (:
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

9,049 threads, 62,707 posts and 789 images saved from CT

26.4% of indexed threads saved