Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

Fastest VL running E85

Started by COLEYZ · 28 Sept 2011 · 74 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

MickkArchived member
E85 seems to be the ****! Down side is the stuff at the servos is crap. Cant go for a long cruise or anything like that because you will run out of fuel. Think ill stick to 98 for the street and c16 for racing..
0 likes
TOY747Archived member
My cars making 580hp on 28 psi with a baby to4z.. Car loves it runs cooler.. Burns nicer.. Comes on earlier and harder.. Duznt foul plugs.. can't fault it and it's good for the environment win all round..
0 likes
JUSPLNArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Mickk [View Post] E85 seems to be the ****! Down side is the stuff at the servos is crap. Cant go for a long cruise or anything like that because you will run out of fuel. Think ill stick to 98 for the street and c16 for racing.. if u are using e85 from the drum and u end up running out on a cruise u can still use e85 from the sevo it still runs fine just dont give it a hard time thats what i do if i go on a long cruise and haven't had a problem and there is enough servos now to get were u need to i still get around 350k's per tank(85lt)
0 likes
MickkArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by JUSPLN [View Post] if u are using e85 from the drum and u end up running out on a cruise u can still use e85 from the sevo it still runs fine just dont give it a hard time thats what i do if i go on a long cruise and haven't had a problem and there is enough servos now to get were u need to i still get around 350k's per tank(85lt) Thats good to hear mate,I've been tossing up weather to run it or not and the only reason i wasnt going to was the fact i love going on a big cruise.
0 likes
PSI06Archived member
made 750rwhp 36psi manual mx7 and e85 from the bowser.(mind you dyno figures mean **** all) stock bottom end rebuilt with wiseco forgies ,cometic and studs, stock ports and valves. pro boost 42r . love this fuel except cant keep drive train in one piece.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Nice work Brett I use the caltex stuff No problems so far
0 likes
PaulieeeeArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] I have been told the United E85 which is supposedly CSR E85 doesn't vary in its Ethanol content and is much more stable than Caltex. Can anyone confirm it? I believe this is correct, My tuner tested it approx 3 months ago at 90%, I tested it last week at 89% so 1% difference, I would say that could come down to the actual test, or how much water was used. I also tested caltex last week in Springvale Vic and came in at 75%. If running it from the pump I'd be running United and am doing so.
0 likes
PSI06Archived member
I guess as long as your tuner knows you are running from the pump he will tune as per 70-75%. Mine does ,so i am happy with caltex.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PSI06 [View Post] I guess as long as your tuner knows you are running from the pump he will tune as per 70-75%. Mine does ,so i am happy with caltex. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
what brand and size injectors are people using?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
ID1000's or ID2000's depends if its just a 500rwkw car or if they are being serious.
0 likes
NukzArchived member
Running indy blues in mine. But know of a few people running rochie 1000s pushing around the 350rwkw mark with some room left.
0 likes
COLEYZArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltnitron [View Post] what brand and size injectors are people using? Im running ID2000's and they are killa! Im only running 400kw @ the tread and Ive never had an issue with them!
0 likes
CLNGMHArchived member
My Duck 515rwkw on E-flex. Stock LS1 turbo with 2spd using 1600cc injectors on 15psi @6600rpm. Great shiit, don't build a car without it
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
I'm in the process of converting mine to e85 from c16. Are the 2200cc's that sticks in the advertisers section sell's a good injector??
0 likes
COLEYZArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltnitron [View Post] I'm in the process of converting mine to e85 from c16. Are the 2200cc's that sticks in the advertisers section sell's a good injector?? They are ID2000's! ID2000's are 2200cc. Thats the same injector that I have in my car!
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
are you guys after the injector dynamic id2000's or the bosch id2000's?
0 likes
chunksArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PSI06 [View Post] I guess as long as your tuner knows you are running from the pump he will tune as per 70-75%. Mine does ,so i am happy with caltex. From what I have been told you can now get flexi fuel sensors which work out how much ethanol is in the fuel and adjust the tune to suit (same as what the new Commodores run). I was told you can them for Haltechs, not sure about any other brands. Sounds ideal though.
0 likes
PSI06Archived member
1600cc for mine twin 044 pumps and single dash 8 line. 10.0:1 fuel mixtures top end of the rev range ,still room left apparently.
0 likes
MR VLTArchived member
I got 1600cc in mine, made 654 rwkw on 35psi on a safe tune due to not enough fuel flow, since fixed that and waiting to get re tuned, just pump e85 frm caltex .
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

19,011 threads, 209,130 posts and 2,298 images saved from CT

55.5% of indexed threads saved