Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Red Star Fabrications - direct replacement or custom made parts

Started by RedStarFab · 13 July 2011 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

RedStarFabArchived member
Sorry no pics......there isnt much to look at of a photo of a cell....all the good stuff is on the inside
0 likes
ADICTIVArchived member
hows the scuttle panel cover coming along? Still very interested
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
slowly......unfortunately. I will see how things go over the next few weekends. It's one of those jobs that aren't urgent (read FREE) that I have to get around to.
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
so will your plenums have redstar on them from now on instead of cpc?
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
not at this stage....the CPC name has been around for a while and is what I have built everything on....maybe later on down the track, I havent really thought about it to be honest
0 likes
dannydoseArchived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Glad you like it Danny
0 likes
dannydoseArchived member
you should be called the tig king!!
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
I wouldn't go that far but there is no harm in trying
0 likes
Big LeeArchived member
Wow, look awesome! As far as postage goes, is it better to order all in one go or does it work out similar to order say, one item per month?
0 likes
Big LeeArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RedStarFab [View Post] Finally got the first batch finished today. It is pretty much a complete package for a single customer, combining direct replacement, being the fuse box cover (pic 1 left to right), wiper bottle (pic 2), power steering bottle (pic 3) and custom made parts coolant overflow (pic 4) and catch can (pic 5) which sit behind the headlights which also helps with the hiding of wiring. As you can tell these are in a completely raw finish as they were welded. All of these are actually going off to the polisher on Monday so I will have pics of them polished hopefully by mid week, fingers crossed. I will also be making them available in a swirl or scotch brite finish aswell as the raw or polished finish. For this same customer has also asked me to make a radiator cover and a scuttle panel cover....the last one being a bit of a mission but a very nice way of finishing off the engine bay. Something which I have been asked a lot for is the fuse box replacement catch can (pic 6). Anyway, enough of me typing, I will let the pictures do the talking. I am just trying to finalise the pricing on these items and when I have I will let you all know. In the meantime, I am happy to take any questions on these or any other customer made products you may need. Cheers, Ariel Just a bit confused what pics 4 and 5 are and where they go? Is there an overflow container that fits in the factory place?
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
No 4 is a catch can that sits behind the headlight. Something different I suppose that a customer requested to help hide all the wiring in there. No 5 is a catch can also which replaces the fuse rail when they are usually placed in the glovebox. Hope that helps Ariel
0 likes
Big LeeArchived member
Ah Ha! Thanks Ariel.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
sorry, I didnt see your earlier post. It would be cheaper to freight them all at once but the savings would only only about $5-10 per item.
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
any news mate
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Yeah, I started the wiper/coolant bottle on Sunday and I will have it finished this weekend
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
sik
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
all done.....I will send you a pm with my bank details and can you reply with your address. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. For everyone else, it is a combination water and coolant reservior behind the driver's side strut tower with recessed billet lids for a less bulky look. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
jet lagArchived member
looking really forward to some pics mate, will be purchasing some stuff of you soon
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
No worries at all. I should have the pics up tomorrow. Also on the way is a custom vl stealth intercooler which I am just waiting on the core for and then the radiator shroud and B&M shifter mod to the standard shifter mount
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today31

20,151 threads, 235,037 posts and 2,505 images saved from CT

58.9% of indexed threads saved