Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

congratz VL 3 747 9.73@139mph standard bottom end , no transbrake.

Started by gmh. · 22 Jan 2011 · 42 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

aZ`Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by exchaser [View Post] haha that's pretty brutal on the tranny... cant imagine it lasting long.. 30,000k's over 80 passes and 4 years of abuse, Ive been trying my hardest to kill it but it just won't let go. Old th400 loves it Anyway back to the topic at hand... I'm impressed! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurbroArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by exchaser [View Post] mines goes 1.48 aswell, off the footbrake, on mt street radials... and I rekon there's prob a tiny bit more in it too... I dunno about the old stall up in second smash into first thing tho, haha that's pretty brutal on the tranny... cant imagine it lasting long.. I take it ur also using the handbrake when stalling up? What boost are you taking off at?
0 likes
exchaserArchived member
Yeh thats also using the handbrake... it does help ever so slightly... I usually rip the flip lids out for the drags, otherwise its a bit hard to get the best pull on the handbrake lol that's leaving on 10psi - gt35, leaving on 8psi gives consistant 1.50-1.55's
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,084 threads, 195,439 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.8% of indexed threads saved