Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

DIY Bt1 build

Started by deanoVLCT · 11 Jan 2015 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

deanoVLCTArchived member
Yep it kinda just went bang lol I better get a move on with building this motor, car might be ready before engine! Nitron I might get another thread started if anyone's keen?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
We are all keen, at least someone is still playing with VLs
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Ok sweet, I'll get some pics of the Nitron up over the weekend and start a thread! Already collecting bits for it so I'll get that moving too! Now guys, I have a fully ruined exhaust stud for this cars block! Should I.... 1, stud guy said he will fix for roughly $160 2, put another head on (I have a turbo head) but means new gaskets etc 3 buy another s2 low K block for $100-150? ---------- Post added 30-06-15 at 14:29 ---------- (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/13C16612-5B8B-486C-8ABD-7A34C618ACBD_zpsufdfxy2a.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/2A9DA6DC-5BC2-49B7-97EF-71CD9646CE43_zps22koggfb.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/4B471706-1C8F-467B-A1AB-47B1CEA8E29C_zpszokcybad.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/12A61755-E733-415A-A4F8-B919C81869FB_zpsyljijkie.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Ok Supposibly it's gonna be fully painted finished in the next 2-3 weeks But we all know painters so that could mean 2-3 months lol I've actually lost a bit of interest in it cause a exhaust stud is screwed in the block which I dunno what to do about (use 11/12 or get someone out to fix it) plus I just moved house, plus I bought a nitron which I've looked at once and just bought a Vl v8 berlina factory black shell lol I officially have problems! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CB85ABEC-811F-482F-B536-7396A1D85436_zpsebozcmkq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/16F9559D-D7F3-4067-B7AF-D8EF36E59DDE_zpsfkk40elm.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
whos painting it? not dave? more pics of the nitron. and details on the vl v8? theres a few more nitrons popping up. 2 in vic recently on ebay listed multiple times.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Hi Mitch no Dave ain't painting it as his too busy and hasn't a setup at his new joint yet! Nitrons in a mates garage and I've looked at it once, my mechanic mate called me tonight and said he's picking it up Saturday to get it rwc and also bolting my turbo setup to it which will be great! Yeah I seen the ones on eBay mate they look very average compared to mine I think! The berlina is just a 8/87 factory 1k001 auto v8 with grey trim, pick it up this week, needs some work but looking forward to it! (Not really as I have too much on the go) lol
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/D2E0108B-B6EF-4C1B-AFBE-DD0C69936FEC_zpso90cebtq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/FAEB1526-5610-4109-9278-B69DD1044A86_zps9el5qybd.jpg.html) I'm dredding putting this back together lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Awesome Well done. Don't rush it, enjoy doing it. Does it feel like de ja vu?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Need to rush when have 3 vl projects on the go with a nagging pregnant wife and a 1 year old lol nah no d�j� Vu yet maybe once it starts coming back together!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Very nice Deano
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
After hours of pulling apart, cleaning, painting and re assembly we have this!! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/6BDE8D19-F326-4F45-85B5-5FF1BDA13D64_zpsw50w4bj4.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/54CE4AF5-1435-487B-8287-40A8D5483965_zpsxydwpjv4.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/25B42177-E23D-43B4-B469-F12602D717AF_zpsxlt59yyc.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/10E5A8D6-97DE-400F-B830-717D1530F256_zpsvstlpp8s.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/C85D2EC6-F9E0-490B-AAA2-393781E14F9E_zpscsxmtdmb.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/7F686904-A055-449A-8249-1CC312F38652_zpsh4wlmyfd.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/22DFC9B2-0F9B-423D-8F6B-AC729C7AC8B0_zpsqkl3qxvz.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/0E51DFE7-DF51-400F-AC7A-D6CFFB27C317_zpsyfz0kt7k.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/1F231FA4-5A3F-42EA-83EE-328EE5026FB0_zpsmjwi90ta.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/622552C4-1C75-400F-AE81-342552683387_zps15crctaj.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Got this sent to me today (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/A8E04CD5-7B56-4185-B601-A961578DFC15_zpsu7bzjmud.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
I hope it makes u feel like it's all worth it bro good work!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Not really dougs, don't wanna hand over the $ to painter either lol (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/3B261BBC-4855-41BB-9BCD-290B7078E44E_zpsxfvunabq.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/29C349E4-7380-49DE-B7F8-ABAFDEBED017_zpsqcuzwur8.png.html) Yes the cannon is going (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/CCD7D94B-ED19-4FC7-8CFC-2D7E24776A03_zpspicdbisu.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Sick bro looks good I'm happy for ya! Also jealous
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
You don't stuff around. Congratulations on the progress.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Car is done, now just trying to work out when to get it and how and where to put it lol plus I havent finished the motor yet! Time time time, not enough of it!
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
looking good
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 627 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved