Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Crackdown on 'hooning'

Started by Stock_87 · 23 May 2013 · 82 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

havavbArchived member
Had no idea I was in grammar school, doesn't take much to know when to have a break of reading. h0w abOut I typ lik dis nxt tym. Always someone who is upset by grammar... Can't even share something to help the cause of p plater discrimination without someone having a smart remark.
0 likes
tzatzikiArchived member
oh snap....well said havavb
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
A sentence every once in a while makes it a bit easier to read random rants such as yours. My grammar can be terrible most of the time, but yours is 3rd world standard. Do you even know any officers, because I'm sure if you did, you would realise just how successful it can be pulling over random people such as yourself can actually be. If you don't like being pulled over, buy a VE V6, leave it standard and I'm pretty sure you won't even get have an eyeball looked upon you. EDIT: If you want to moan about something, bitch about fuel prices, Japanese whaling, banks making billions in profit yet sending jobs OS, just quit moaning about someone pulling you over because you have what they may categorise as a worthwhile target vehicle. LOL P plate cause, how is moaning about being pulled over helping anything. You do realise that the older people of the forum were P platers at some point in time. I know I was, yet strangely I wasn't pulled up that much despite have a very modified vehicle and if I was, well, shit happens when you drive something worth targeting.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
If you have upwards of 10 grand to spend that's easy
0 likes
havavbArchived member
XEC747 please explain how my grammar is 3rd world, I re read the post I was able to read it fine. So maybe the problem is somewhere in your head. A random pull over when the post stated that the "officer" clearly seen, that the man in front of me was on his mobile telephone, but yet he chose to ignore that law breaking civilian as he had no p plates plastered on his windows. Yet if the shoe was on the other foot I would've been bent over and a broom shoved up there...... And why? Because Im a P Plater who owns a Commodore. Yes I do know quite a few police officers, theres 3 in my dads street and my girlfriend's uncle happens to be one. All nice blokes. Also get along with quite a few in my Neighbourhood which is probably why they don't randomly pull me over compared to 3 years ago. I don't have the money for a VE SV6 and even if I did I wouldn't purchase one. The alloytec is poorly designed motor (my opinion, so no one bother arguing we all have opinions). I'd buy an FG over a VE much better vehicle (once again my opinion). Anyway the thread was made about hoon laws not grammar, I can start a grammar thread if you like? You may freely correct my 3rd world grammar
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by havavb [View Post] XEC747 please explain how my grammar is 3rd world, I re read the post I was able to read it fine. So maybe the problem is somewhere in your head. A random pull over when the post stated that the "officer" clearly seen, that the man in front of me was on his mobile telephone, but yet he chose to ignore that law breaking civilian as he had no p plates plastered on his windows. Yet if the shoe was on the other foot I would've been bent over and a broom shoved up there...... And why? Because Im a P Plater who owns a Commodore. Yes I do know quite a few police officers, theres 3 in my dads street and my girlfriend's uncle happens to be one. All nice blokes. Also get along with quite a few in my Neighbourhood which is probably why they don't randomly pull me over compared to 3 years ago. I don't have the money for a VE SV6 and even if I did I wouldn't purchase one. The alloytec is poorly designed motor (my opinion, so no one bother arguing we all have opinions). I'd buy an FG over a VE much better vehicle (once again my opinion). Anyway the thread was made about hoon laws not grammar, I can start a grammar thread if you like? You may freely correct my 3rd world grammar I CBF correcting it. I'm not your school teacher, contact your old high school for neglect. It's simple, just stop chewing the arse of the people you are going to call when you car gets stolen, when someone robs you or anyone wrongs you in any other way.
0 likes
cornchipsArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by jetsonrac [View Post] ^^^lol ur a pissa. I've had a couple of close calls past couple of weeks Shano .iv almost been wiped off the road buy some fxxxwit drivers.honestly how much brighter do want the car to be before u can see me. It's the weather bro- brings out the **** drivers!! Even if it looks like rain people lose all common sense. Maybe add some hi vis stickers to it lol, next time u have second thoughts about the car call me and I will talk sense into u! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
havavbArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XEC747 [View Post] I CBF correcting it. I'm not your school teacher, contact your old high school for neglect. It's simple, just stop chewing the arse of the people you are going to call when you car gets stolen, when someone robs you or anyone wrongs you in any other way. Well maybe you CBF kicking the bucket about Internet grammar next time hey, as far as "chewing the arse" out of the cops that's what the thread is basically for. They turn a blind eye and/or put certain crimes below hooning, or as a lot of people may agree owning a modified car. So before you go all grammar cop on someone take a second and relise there just sharing a few stories where the hoon (P Plater, because the media basically assume we all are hoons) has done nothing wrong and it's been other "non P Plater" getting off/in the wrong. This is my last reply to you I'm not filling the thread up with argumentive comments.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by xec747 [View Post] lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
What we have to do as car clubs and alike is to get rid of the bad apples that ruin it for us.Put pressure on the known Di%k Heads that stuff it up! Marty
0 likes
OxerArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XEC747 [View Post] You do realise that the older people of the forum were P platers at some point in time. I know I was, yet strangely I wasn't pulled up that much despite have a very modified vehicle and if I was, well, shit happens when you drive something worth targeting. You can't sit there and tell us that you dont think it's getting beyond ridiculous though. A lot has changed in just the last 10 years. I remember when I was little and every back street was 60km/h. What changed? What was the reasoning for 50km/h zones? you cant tell me that with an increase in population that there was an increase in car related incidents, and if there was, since when was a lack of common sense a justifiable reason to effect every road user? I know the government uses it as an excuse, but we all know that better driver education and public awareness would be much more effective. Not that my 2c matters. Part of the reason I plan on moving to the US in a few years. When you see what they get away with over there first hand, anyone thats passionate about cars and doesnt have anything holding them back makes the transition. Too bad there arent any VL's in the states lol.
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
There's one VL in the states.
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
Yes it is becoming idiotic but realistically there is little that you can do when you know that you will be a target, yet moan like you just had your left nut stolen from you. I'd be happy if my biggest problem was being worried that I was going to be pulled over for driving a modified car, than be like a large portion of the worlds population of having the worry that I cant actually feed myself, where am I going to sleep, can I get a job etc etc. Perspective is a wonderful thing. You just have to look at some of the big accidents that regularly happen, it's due to people generally being just a fucking idiot. If they are young or driving a "hotted up" car it makes the situation worse. People start moaning that they are being targeted. Look at the two accidents this week with older people driving into shop windows. Older drivers have become the latest attraction. Everyone has their turn, it's just that some people like to come into threads and call the police all sorts of names. They do to the police what they complain the police are doing to them, tarring them all with the same brush. Naturally with an increase in population there will be an increase accidents. Safer cars help negate this, but it seems that a human being with common sense is becoming an diminishing occurrence amongst the sea of idiots roaming around.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Again it is the few that ruin it for the rest of us.But The media does not help.Infact I recon the media does more damage,Just get out and enjoy.Who cares if you get pulled over,If you are legal and not doing anything but cruzin, All they can say is gidday and enjoy the day.Treat them with respect and you will get the same. Chers Marty
0 likes
OxerArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by HTURBO [View Post] There's one VL in the states. There's a couple in thailand too haha. Quote: Originally Posted by XEC747 [View Post] Yes it is becoming idiotic but realistically there is little that you can do when you know that you will be a target, yet moan like you just had your left nut stolen from you. I'd be happy if my biggest problem was being worried that I was going to be pulled over for driving a modified car, than be like a large portion of the worlds population of having the worry that I cant actually feed myself, where am I going to sleep, can I get a job etc etc. Perspective is a wonderful thing. You just have to look at some of the big accidents that regularly happen, it's due to people generally being just a fucking idiot. If they are young or driving a "hotted up" car it makes the situation worse. People start moaning that they are being targeted. Look at the two accidents this week with older people driving into shop windows. Older drivers have become the latest attraction. Everyone has their turn, it's just that some people like to come into threads and call the police all sorts of names. They do to the police what they complain the police are doing to them, tarring them all with the same brush. Naturally with an increase in population there will be an increase accidents. Safer cars help negate this, but it seems that a human being with common sense is becoming an diminishing occurrence amongst the sea of idiots roaming around. common sense is something that no one has anymore due to the fact that it is seen differently by each individual. Cops see a low car and defect you because a car shouldnt be that low, regardless of the way its built and engineered. to them, the driver has no common sense, even if it is built correctly. Im not one to cry, ive driven my fair share of cars that have asked for a defect. Even if I explain to them the way it all works and the way its built, they still dont get it/understand, because at the end of the day we aren't meant to agree, we aren't meant to get along. Good country Australia.
0 likes
WHTGMHArchived member
I couldn't give two fcuks about these new laws, if I drive an illegal modified car and get done for it, so be it that's australia for you
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XEC747 [View Post] I CBF correcting it. I'm not your school teacher, contact your old high school for neglect. It's simple, just stop chewing the arse of the people you are going to call when you car gets stolen, when someone robs you or anyone wrongs you in any other way. I <3 your posts, LOL. Made me laugh hehehe. And as I scrollded down the page it got better!
0 likes
aus880Archived member
ditto
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxer [View Post] There's a couple in thailand too haha. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7uLvTtHGkU
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,460 threads, 43,111 posts and 633 images saved from CT

18.9% of indexed threads saved