Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

ACA - your views on " street hoons "

Started by DNTHA8 · 25 Jan 2012 · 94 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

poohkiesArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PROGMH [View Post] Respect is a two way street and it's earnt. Most people I know with modified cars start out all friendly when they get pulled over and then it soon turns nasty because of the way they're spoken to initially. If they get out of the car, greet you nicely and chat to you like you're a human being then in most cases things end all right. When you get someone yelling, swearing and treating you like **** then it's never going to end well. I've got plenty of stories about times I've been treated like **** by a hero in a badge who thinks that because theyre a police officer theyre a god but then again I recently got pulled over for an RBT. They whipped out the tester, brethoe'd me and asked what I was up to today. Returned a 0.00 reading and they said 'have a good one'. That's the kind of police we need. The ones that are there to do the right thing, not to try to screw everyone over for every little reason they can... and in the end it's for no real gain anyhow. exactly Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Oh I agree with that also. If a cop is going to talk sh*t to me I'll just sit there and take it all in, not one word has to be spoken from me. Anything I say will probably only make it worse anyway. I've been lucky enough to only come across one power tripping female cop. But even in the above situation it was made a lot worse by a drunk friend trying to talk over her and pretend he'd done nothing wrong, when all he had to do was shut up and let them do their job. Same with people getting tased, if they just shut up and let the cops do what they need to do, they wouldn't be getting smashed on the ground or tased in the first place. (In most cases) Once again, I agree that respect is a two way street. But I don't think it needs to be earnt as such, because I think all members of society should trust and respect police, until that officer does something to lose it. It's the lack of respect for everybody, especially officials that youth are lacking.
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by aus880 [View Post] ^^ So they, the whole police force, should only do one thing at a time eh? "No rbt tonight there's been a murder in the state's north so every cop is on that until it's solved" your funny l no quite a few cops ,l am saying that they should be solving more worse types of crime, rather than revenue, this topic the media covered had quite a few cops doing the same job,why not with a third and keep doing other things cops have already to much power and its getting worse ---------- Post added 31-01-12 at 19:24 ---------- It's the lack of respect for everybody, especially officials that youth are lacking its the law and goverment that have caused this problem in the 1st place parents can not disipline thier kids no anymore with out getting in trouble ,not in my house though lve always told mine and disiplined them wen needed if they dont like it they no were the door is
0 likes
xAsh-Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Andy-30L [View Post] hahaha. na thats what a low mount manifold is for ash A part of me just cant wait until that one asshole traffic cop goes to open my bonnet thinking he'll find a pod filter and dose pipe, but instead finds a polished GT4202 on a high mount manifold. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Andy-30LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by xAsh- [View Post] A part of me just cant wait until that one asshole traffic cop goes to open my bonnet thinking he'll find a pod filter and dose pipe, but instead finds a polished GT4202 on a high mount manifold. (opens radio - calls for backup LOL!) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PROGMHArchived member
You'll give him a chubby if he see's that. He won't be able to get his defect book out fast enough lol
0 likes
TKR09SArchived member
Lol.when the pig saw my high mount polished HKS T 51r two nights ago,he goes what's that,I go standard mate,he goes I had a T04 on my starion and it looked heaps smaller than that,I couldn't help but just laugh
0 likes
dinchArchived member
PROGMH couldn't agree with u more our attitude is a reflection of there's (well me personally) if he's a polite chap you'll in most cases cop it sweet even if getting hammered a bit bit if there acting like robocop u think FAR Q toss bag TKR09s LOL WAT A FUNNI CUN T he's harassing u but he had a t04 on his station wat a bloody joke not all but half are hypocrites I know 2 coppers who had absolutely spastic rx7's one still does the other sold it an there going around rapping like minded enthusiasts like it's a joke dead set U know the funny part theres some really good ppl that wear that scum uniform that think the law the apparently uphold is big BS but there's loopholes left right an centre we just gotta figure them all out Did u guys know that your aloud 6ppl in a car as long as everyone is firmly on a seat with a seat belt per person used the can't do nothing?? A hero cop will try fine ya take it to court you'll get it thrown out
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by xAsh- [View Post] A part of me just cant wait until that one asshole traffic cop goes to open my bonnet thinking he'll find a pod filter and dose pipe, but instead finds a polished GT4202 on a high mount manifold. i can tell you their reactions are pretty funny, i got pulled up for a 'random' i had lpg, jd plenum, 35/40, external gate to floor, cdi etc etc he said pop the bonnet, i got it all of about 1/3 open and he goes what the hell is this.... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dinch [View Post] Did u guys know that your aloud 6ppl in a car as long as everyone is firmly on a seat with a seat belt per person used the can't do nothing?? A hero cop will try fine ya take it to court you'll get it thrown out Okay I'll bite. I can't see how this is possible. If your compliance plate whatever says you can have 5 passengers. You can have 5. And pigsy, I agree - the minorities, the greens and the softies that don't ever want their precious little children being smacked deserve a smack themselves.
0 likes
Andy-30LArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TKR09S [View Post] Lol.when the pig saw my high mount polished HKS T 51r two nights ago,he goes what's that,I go standard mate,he goes I had a T04 on my starion and it looked heaps smaller than that,I couldn't help but just laugh BAHAHAHA gold!!! love the attempt at saying its standard! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dinchArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Bax [View Post] Okay I'll bite. I can't see how this is possible. If your compliance plate whatever says you can have 5 passengers. You can have 5. And pigsy, I agree - the minorities, the greens and the softies that don't ever want their precious little children being smacked deserve a smack themselves. Ha ha I thought someone might say that my old lady is a police prosecutor bud
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dinch [View Post] Ha ha I thought someone might say that my old lady is a police prosecutor bud its true. it was on the news like last year. and they were going to change the law to stop it. just trying to remember what happened. crash im pretty sure, 2-3 young kids died, it was in vic i think...
0 likes
dinchArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RB Onevia [View Post] its true. it was on the news like last year. and they were going to change the law to stop it. just trying to remember what happened. crash im pretty sure, 2-3 young kids died, it was in vic i think... Thanks tiger
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Pretty crazy, I thought the number of passengers listed on the plate was maximum.
0 likes
ATMO_BT1Archived member
Yeah but if you need a seat belt per person that means you could only have 5 anyway?
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
News article from the incident.... http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...rticleID=58311 (http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/articledetail.aspx?ArticleID=58311)
0 likes
RB OneviaArchived member
im sure there was a more recent one in the last couple of years where people died.
0 likes
SHIZNTArchived member
Only one I can remember happening in Melbourne, red lancer and 8 people near Noble Park.
0 likes
dinchArchived member
Na wat I meant was one per person like not aloud to have 1 belt around 2ppl etc ---------- Post added 01-02-12 at 15:57 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by SHIZNT [View Post] Only one I can remember happening in Melbourne, red lancer and 8 people near Noble Park. I think I remember that one were they Indians or something
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

19,041 threads, 209,845 posts and 2,298 images saved from CT

55.6% of indexed threads saved