Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›CalaisTurbo archive
CalaisTurbo archive

Red Star Fabrications - direct replacement or custom made parts

Started by RedStarFab · 13 July 2011 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TUXEDOArchived member
Can you make me an under car surge tank for my VL?
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
I sure can. I am just sorting out the configuration at the moment with another memeber who is checking the clearances and then I will be offering them up for sale. Cheers, Ariel
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
sweet as man mite have some other work for you
0 likes
jackpot77Archived member
any news on the scuttle cover????
0 likes
wpn_vlArchived member
You just sticking with Vl bits and pieces for now?
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
No worries Peter, just let me know what you are sfter and i will hopefully be able to help you out. Unfortunately I haven't got around to the scuttle panel yet, but don't worry, as soon as I do, I will let everyone know. For the direct replacement stuff, yes only VL's at the moment but more are coming like Evo, Skylines, XR6's etc etc. What do you have in mind? There is no real limits to what can be made and for what car. Ariel
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
did you get the chance to take some photos of the tanks
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
+1 for undercar surge tank. also might be interested in a custom p/s res & coolant overflow. Will PM you after powercruise when I got some more $ to spend on the car... Might also get a rad support/rad cover - but might end up being too big to post and need very specific measurements for what I want, so might have to go local for it.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
InsaneVL - undercar surge tank might - if I'm lucky - be knocked up on the weekend. All good with the p/s res and coolant overflow. As for the rad support, post is not a problem at all. Being "specific", does that mean you have a aftermket radiator or something like that? Here you go Peter.......excuse the finger marks, dam they sh1t me hmmmm recessed lids just something different I thought you might like.....a few fish scales Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
Your welding skill pleases me i will remember this when im surpreme ruler of the planet. Ill send the money tonight dude
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
lol thanks.....let me know if there is anything else you need
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by RedStarFab [View Post] InsaneVL - undercard surge tank might - if I'm lucky knocked up on the weekend. All good with te p/s res and coolant overflow. As for the rad support, post is not a problem at all. Being being specific, does that mean you have a aftermket radiator or something like that? Pic of the engine bay... Nizpro style cooler means Radiator is set back a bit. Was thinking of putting the Rad overflow in a better container between rad and rad support panel (on top of intercooler), along with a p/s res there - and then have a cover that covers from the front of engine bay to the back of the radiator, and from either side of the engine bay (in a sort of upside down T shape)... basically covering the black eyelid part + sweeping back to cover radiator... might have to mspaint it to show you what i'm talking about.. lol... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
haha yeah I get ya...go mspaint lol. As long as you give me the measurements spot on, I will make it to exactly those.
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
radiator support cover and a cover for all my electrical componants that im hiding in the chassi rails but ill have to mount and get back to you on that one.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
No worries at all. Standard replacement radiator cover will be coming soon, I am just waiting on my sheetmetal folder to turn up to get them done.
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
MSPaint attached. I suspect the hard part will be the curves (particularly the front, and round the cooler piping) without having the actual car...
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
your right aye.....I am just trying to source a complete VL front cut to do this kind of stuff. I do have access to a couple of VL's locally that I could measure up to do it, its up to you
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
i'll let you know when i'm ready to get it done.. PM me a rough price on what that might cost so I can budget in ball park area..
0 likes
DeVLArchived member
The welds are unreal on the tanks man pitty there being polished off muhahaha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
RedStarFabArchived member
Noooooooooooo not my welds!!!
0 likes

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today4

13,811 threads, 118,261 posts and 1,395 images saved from CT

40.3% of indexed threads saved