Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

seen this yellow vl bt1 turbo

Started by opa hiha! · 7 Mar 2010 · 122 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

alex_mkdArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by UND_CVR [View Post] Car is now sold $11, 500 no rwc New owner is apparently dropping this off at mcdonalds bros to get tubbed asap Nah man $10,500 with no tags. The running gear is getting pulled out and the shell will be crushed.
0 likes
BoyracerArchived member
Cool story bro..
0 likes
alex_mkdArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Boyracer [View Post] Cool story bro.. Ok you got me man. Ill leave it up to the owner to tell the real "story"
0 likes
UND_CVRArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by alex_mkd [View Post] Its not advertised anywhere, some guy just got in contact with him and offered him that much for it. It was a very juicy tempting offer but the owner thought hard about it and new he wouldnt find another one like it so he knocked back the offer. ---------- Post added 02-06-13 at 11:59 ---------- Yeah its still immaculate and nothing has been touched on it. Im convinced its the cleanest ORIGINAL vl bt1 going around. This is the real story, glad he refused the offer and is still waiting for me to win tatts to give him the $40k but its a real shame that this vl is owned by a carlton supporter
0 likes
alex_mkdArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by UND_CVR [View Post] This is the real story, glad he refused the offer and is still waiting for me to win tatts to give him the $40k but its a real shame that this vl is owned by a carlton supporter Your 40k is no good man, i already signed a contract with him to buy it off him in 2027 for 50k, thats he keeps it in the same condition. Yeah hes a carlton supporter but lucky hes Macedonian Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
Off memory Isn't this thing an ex rta car , as opposed to a vic police hwy patrol car?
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Not sure what the big fuss is in owning a BT1, to me it would be like dating a girl that used to be a prostitute.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
The big fuss is about owning an un molested car that is in original condition.try buying a car and restoring it and see what it costs.17k will seem quite cheap.And the car(BT1) will always be what it is(sort after by the few that love them).Congrats on the purchase mate!! Cheers Marty ps I realise this is an old thread but is the car still in the same condition??
0 likes
DWO945Archived member
im da owner of da bt1 i did get offered $27500 for it car is still in original condition and not 4 sale car is x rta cheers
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] The big fuss is about owning an un molested car that is in original condition.try buying a car and restoring it and see what it costs.17k will seem quite cheap.And the car(BT1) will always be what it is(sort after by the few that love them).Congrats on the purchase mate!! Cheers Marty ps I realise this is an old thread but is the car still in the same condition?? Wouldn't you rather a 1 owner Calais turbo then a BT1 which was used and abused by everyone that drove it. Think about it, if you paid 20k plus back say in 1987 you would definitely look after your VL. I know if I was a copper I would be using gutters as jumps and a lot did do this. Point I am trying to make is that people would spend these amounts on a ex RTA or ex police car rather then searching for a 1 owner general public VL. Again I wouldn't spend money rehabilitating a prostitute!
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by chief355 [View Post] Not sure what the big fuss is in owning a BT1, to me it would be like dating a girl that used to be a prostitute. Hahaha!
0 likes
alex_mkdArchived member
Looks like we are all dating pros then, all of us that drive calais, berlinas, exexs, sl's etc surely couldnt have bought them brand new from factory and pampered them like virgins hahaha. Maybe some did but the majority did not, infact i bet half the vl owners on here were born after 1986. So that gets rid of the prostitute theory lol. Anyone got a 'virgin' vl ??
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by chief355 [View Post] Wouldn't you rather a 1 owner Calais turbo then a BT1 which was used and abused by everyone that drove it. Think about it, if you paid 20k plus back say in 1987 you would definitely look after your VL. I know if I was a copper I would be using gutters as jumps and a lot did do this. Point I am trying to make is that people would spend these amounts on a ex RTA or ex police car rather then searching for a 1 owner general public VL. Again I wouldn't spend money rehabilitating a prostitute! Re read my post,Yes 1 owner calais would be nice as well,and again try finding one in an un molested state,Or buy one then restore and see what it costs you(27 k would be cheap)But also a calais tho nice again only certain people would buy one.Eveyone to there own the point I tried to make original is great and if you can buy with out restoring it is cheaper that way.These unmolested cars are getting harder to find.And to keep them this way is harder than to modify.I purchased a HDT VL Calais sport wagon and then nearly spent 70k to have her looking as new.I know what it costs to restore,Yes I would do it again as I enjoyed doing it. Cheers Marty ps who's to say the old calais was't screwed??
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by chief355 [View Post] Wouldn't you rather a 1 owner Calais turbo then a BT1 which was used and abused by everyone that drove it. Think about it, if you paid 20k plus back say in 1987 you would definitely look after your VL. I know if I was a copper I would be using gutters as jumps and a lot did do this. Point I am trying to make is that people would spend these amounts on a ex RTA or ex police car rather then searching for a 1 owner general public VL. Again I wouldn't spend money rehabilitating a prostitute! It's a rarity in the VL community to find a bt1 in such pristine condition. They have the 'head turner' ability because 1. It's an ex cop car and that in itself is something that a lot of people think is pretty cool 2. They stand out in absynth yellow! Who doesn't love an absynth BT1? Plus a general public VL that hasn't been abused is near impossible these days and its cheaper to buy a mint one, than restore it
0 likes
chief355Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BigM22 [View Post] It's a rarity in the VL community to find a bt1 in such pristine condition. They have the 'head turner' ability because 1. It's an ex cop car and that in itself is something that a lot of people think is pretty cool 2. They stand out in absynth yellow! Who doesn't love an absynth BT1? Plus a general public VL that hasn't been abused is near impossible these days and its cheaper to buy a mint one, than restore it Back in late 80's when these sold at government auction after being raped by the coppers they were sold a lot cheaper then say the bloke down the road who originally purchased it from holden. The prices they sold for reflected the fact that they were mostly neglected and trashed. The point I am trying to make is I don't understand why people will pay so much for a BT1 , why not find a ex taxi VL? I am sure you wont pay much for one and I know most people wouldn't advertise there number plates as EXTAXI. If someone is willing to pay big bucks for a BT1 good luck. And yellow well at least my daughter likes that colour.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Lol EXTAXI, But it's hard to explain, they're just considered iconic because of what they were, and as with a lot of VLs, you either love them or hate them
0 likes
SLDSHOArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DWO945 [View Post] hey dude im the proud owner of the bt1 the guy 1 brought it of is 68years old and yes i am macedonian. plates?
0 likes
<NICK>Archived member
who cares what he got offered , what he can sell it for etc etc .... great example but its not the first untouched bt-1 nor the last that will pop up
0 likes
DWO945Archived member
number plates start with d
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by alex_mkd [View Post] lucky hes Macedonian Wtf has that got to do with it? ---------- Post added 03-06-13 at 22:55 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by <NICK> [View Post] great example but its not the first untouched bt-1 nor the last that will pop up I know of many owners with very original yellow intercepters. Two still have the shadow/outline of the stickers on the roof from the police. All genuine VL fenatics who would pity the thought of selling. ** Just for "Alex_mkd" : Macedonian owners too if that makes any relevance. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today28

19,652 threads, 221,328 posts and 2,395 images saved from CT

57.4% of indexed threads saved