Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

DIY Bt1 build

Started by deanoVLCT · 11 Jan 2015 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

deanoVLCTArchived member
Spent a couple hours this arvo on engine! Gold engine lifts on, accel bracket, red rocker and obvoisly cold side all painted up too looks ok! Painter did drop tank today aswell, pick car up tomoro, hanging to drop engine in and start the fun wiring game, NOT!!! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/3E509C9D-C69F-4A33-A6E2-5917E801C54C_zpsdckztcxq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/A42AB5F2-5305-4DF2-864A-5574673BF06F_zps2wnkzqyn.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/A3655C14-B839-4AD2-B0BF-A085892E5336_zpsrz23e443.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/77DAC232-64A4-4E81-B7CB-DFEB3DFEE61F_zps0uvvj0sg.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/3947A30C-3192-4529-9E47-01AC678B7C52_zpstvfb1yxk.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/EBBDA8B0-3FDE-4D5A-8D8A-FFF04ED32163_zpsdzddrtoq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/E3CA8F11-A628-4627-9279-53F64F68EA63_zpsjefl7kd9.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/6191CEE2-0CC0-4463-B101-719D5E0103EC_zps4134ahzn.jpg.html) My other POS Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Sick mate coming along now, love that nitron mate!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
You wanna buy it dougs lol slowly pieceing the bt1 together, very painfull! Ive decided I'll pull the wiring loom out and install on engine that's on the stand and then drop it all into the bay!!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Haha na Deano I know my limits lol one is enough for me, Yeah not a bad idea to do but honestly I've got all my plugs, Lume neat ended ect so mine is easy these days
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
that nitron looks mint! good to see theres progress with the BT1 aswell.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
You wanna buy it Mitch? Just doing finishing touches then she's up for sale! Bt1 is slowly coming together, just installed add badges! Waiting in bailey channel so I can put that in and door trims then front moulds and externally the car would be. 95% complete ! Still dredding the wiring for the motor and also removing old tank and installing droppy as I've never done it before!
0 likes
SII_TurboArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] You wanna buy it Mitch? Just doing finishing touches then she's up for sale! Bt1 is slowly coming together, just installed add badges! Waiting in bailey channel so I can put that in and door trims then front moulds and externally the car would be. 95% complete ! Still dredding the wiring for the motor and also removing old tank and installing droppy as I've never done it before! Why are you worried about wiring the motor mate? are you going aftermarket ecu? Droptank should be a piece of piss too.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Nah normal computer mate I just didn't label anything at all so kinda gotta guess where all the plugs go lol I'm hopeing the tank goes smoothly, I'm gonna buy a big low profile jack very soon which I think will help!
0 likes
SII_TurboArchived member
Nah, you'll be fine mate! The fuel tank will be easier with a spare pare of hands though.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Just fixed headlights Secured front bumper Installed bunper moulds Blacked strip behind taillights Installed remaining badges! Was missing most of the screws and mould clips so had to custom make some brackets, soooo painful! Pics tomoro
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Tank is easy, putting a drop tank in is actually easier than standard one because the neck is seperate
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/F48640F2-C3BE-461F-A672-4A8157A8C30E_zpshwlvqzky.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/0CE17400-55BD-452E-A04A-EC210280B7C4_zpsgdoyma5j.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/A4F22D3B-2DCD-4793-8604-CD52567C10E9_zpsnndvp0cf.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/F45FD8B8-228F-4845-BFE4-9C855FA5DEFE_zpsfgxecfwq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/8829EB22-10D4-40C7-9104-62EF7B4DC085_zpsuurgdhqg.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
whats with the a4 paper on the roof or is that a reflection? I'd like a nitron but may not be viable $$. LMK though!
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
What's LMK? Nitron I'll look after ya Mitch, you know they are rare! A4 paper is a template for roof police number stickers that are going on this week! ---------- Post added 15-11-15 at 19:37 ---------- Restored my wheels on Saturday morning, I reckon they came up great! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/50343EDA-ABE5-4B05-81C4-59DFFA880243_zpswioraznn.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/1897F9E0-A6EB-43FF-9282-7C65E99B6244_zps9amxrnug.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/C819219E-2F22-41E3-8AC2-D727EBC2C2F6_zpsigayp9wu.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Fok i hate this car. So jealous. Plays with my head to build one.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
They take time and are very painful steff! Or you could just buy this one?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Ok update time -Finished restoring all 4 wheels -Installed all new wheel bearings as front passenger was stuffed -installed brand new front rotors and pads -fitted plug into roof Never done brakes before and it wasn't too bad, drivers side took 30 mins to remove bearings rotor and pads + refit and passenger took 4 hours hence the stuffed bearing would not move! Next step is install drop tank, tighten handbrake cable and also stick roof bt1 number sticker on roof! Then it's time to install loom onto engine and drop it in! Moving house in 2 weeks to 5 car garage (soon to be 6) so looking forward to the extra room and comfort! ---------- Post added 03-12-15 at 13:06 ---------- (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/EF38CF59-D624-49A5-AD1F-589B9C48E3BA_zps46dq1jxq.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/1E2A92F7-1F12-4BA5-BB3C-3285A0355DA7_zps9eqnrofu.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/84B7D127-BAC9-477D-BA1E-CF1846F8CEB1_zpsfdy2dqdu.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Handbrake fixed Sticker on Stickers has lots of bubbles and I am furious about it, gotta get a pro to redo it! Next on list is drop tank! Do you guys remove whole tank and neck? Or remove tank and leave neck and join tank up to existing neck or is their length issues? (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/E1B55EC7-EB14-492A-BA76-0FDF9893F983_zps07pk4bgl.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/BC10B601-1EE2-43EC-940A-B0645A9417C1_zpsspsdhqpz.jpg.html) ---------- Post added 07-12-15 at 10:26 ---------- (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/59E4F56F-EA62-47FB-9538-E929A6221C7F_zpsdni4g41n.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
SteffArchived member
Fokin mint Deano. Lovin this build bloke!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 628 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved