Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Dougs mint Vlct build thread.....

Started by dougall83 · 24 Dec 2013 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

TurismoArchived member
Wicked man. bay look nice an with a nice paint job it will look fn tops
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] Wicked man. bay look nice an with a nice paint job it will look fn tops Yeah all coming together slowly, has come along way since i brought it, even tho it still dosent look any good lol ,yeah I can't wait for paint xxxplicit refinishing is the "go to" painters in nth qld so as soon as I can afford it hell b painting it and doing the rust in fron/rear screens,
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Funny how all the hours of work you put in and only you know whats been improved. The engine bay, That's where i started. I think the best way to build a car is from the inside out.That way you don't skimp on whats important, because a car without a functioning engine is basically a shell - respectively.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/nmnbhoj) looks better in the rain lol, ---------- Post added 25-06-14 at 17:51 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] Funny how all the hours of work you put in and only you know whats been improved. The engine bay, That's where i started. I think the best way to build a car is from the inside out.That way you don't skimp on whats important, because a car without a functioning engine is basically a shell - respectively. yeah I agree 100% slowly hiding all wire fixing all the little stuff but the paint is where shell come to life, will change the whole car, Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Should try and find an LE front lip for it I think it'd be a nice touch Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/nsjo6zj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] (https://imageshack.com/i/nsjo6zj) Smo-ken ---------- Post added 28-06-14 at 19:37 ---------- Number plate light is out!? That's ok officer... Here you go. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] Should try and find an LE front lip for it I think it'd be a nice touch I don't mind the le kits but I'm not a fan of body kits ect, although I'd put an le bool lip on ---------- Post added 30-06-14 at 12:34 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] Smo-ken ---------- Post added 28-06-14 at 19:37 ---------- Number plate light is out!? That's ok officer... Here you go. Lol thought it was a good pic ha ha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Looking the goods mate!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Looking the goods mate! Cheers mus getting there slowly just needs paint n panel and il b happy,
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Silicone spray is the new clear
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Tyre shine? Lmao.. Silicon destroys paint jobs when it gets on the body or in the paint, when painting a car anyway P.s this thing is such a scrapper I can't bar looking at it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
least he's paying for a paint job im to tight for that lol almost bought a bt1 replica the other day. featured full respray (every thing), new high flow T4 turbo, A8, $3,000 diff, Rajab F/F plenum, 600cc injectors. fmic. mint only 7k. no one up here is into vls. n I put to much time into mine to throw it in.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
+1 to that mate! Id prob never sell my vl now unless something unpassable came up for swaps or sale! And yeah I'd love a asbynth yellow bt1 even a replica!!!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
finally got around to painting the bumpers all the same asteroid silver and did the le grill colour matched red from supercheap lol not that bad, haha (https://imageshack.com/i/hl2615acj) (https://imageshack.com/i/ip3f3b40j) ---------- Post added 21-07-14 at 20:11 ---------- im also chasing front bumper trim Lhf and center if anyone has good ones? also rear boot trim where the holden and turbo badge sits, cheers luke "dougall83" (https://imageshack.com/i/p5a9f5a1j) and recent bay pic, Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/exb0ec83j) (https://imageshack.com/i/km6f976ej) I used the left over "matched aerosol" to touch up the real bad faded bits didn't turn out any worse lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] I used the left over "matched aerosol" to touch up the real bad faded bits didn't turn out any worse lol Made me lol.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Made me lol. Bahahaha yep "the scrapper" representing lol "Bitches b dripping" ohh dear Blew another n/a trans so prob should build one me thinks Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Hahaha "didn't turn out any worse", love it!! Had it back on the dyno?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] Hahaha "didn't turn out any worse", love it!! Had it back on the dyno? Haha lol na not yet, it's still fat as on the tune side, I've got a heap of little pain in the ass problems popping up, Master starting to leak Trans hated the new setup lasted 2mins Strut top bearings are buggerd Auto trans lines were leaking"fixed that" Needs rear brakes"there squeaking" And a general degrease and clean up! I want to tune it now but short on coin ATM and now need a trans so see how we go, it should make around 200kw to 250kw I would think? but the n/a stuff isn't an option any more is just not lasting lol
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 8 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today10

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 53 images saved from CT