Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My A9Y VL Calais Wagon

Started by priceysVL · 4 Sept 2013 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

priceysVLArchived member
Couple more photos with the wheels. Was disappointed that it wasn't don't for the meet but will be there at the next one With my daily after A wash Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Fark I think I've seen your daily around. Is it really loud and does it have a dent in the tailgate if it does I remember it lol. PS. Wheels look majestic as fark
0 likes
MUSArchived member
The wheels have set if off.. Needs more low as you said. But minnttt..
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] Fark I think I've seen your daily around. Is it really loud and does it have a dent in the tailgate if it does I remember it lol. PS. Wheels look majestic as fark I wouldn't say it's really loud, just how an 8 should sound haha, and I don't think I have a dint in my tailgate, you've got me paranoid now ---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 11:35 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] The wheels have set if off.. Needs more low as you said. But minnttt.. Cheers mus, yep ill think ill get sedan ultra lows and an adjustable panhard rod as well. Then she will sit nice ---------- Post added 10-03-14 at 11:41 ---------- I have the same thread on street commodores and haven't had one bit of positive feedback on the wheels. Glad their appreciated here! Thanks to everyone for having a geeze and leaving your input Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Ahh I must be thinking about a different ute, don't worry. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
I went out and checked to see if there was a dent haha
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
wheels look fn awesome mate! how wide are the tyres?
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
235/30 front and 225/35 rear. Yes I should have the wider tyre on the rear but needed the lower profile at the front. Should switch around at some point, have 2 brand new 225/35 for the rear, but I might see if I can get 235s
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] I have the same thread on street commodores and haven't had one bit of positive feedback on the wheels. Glad their appreciated here! Thanks to everyone for having a geeze and leaving your input I post on there also, alot of weirdos on that forum lol. My senator thread got zero interest here but heaps over there.. So its up and down i guess. And almost every VL in the Vl section is gay, the only ones I like are on CT aswell. Not many people on that forum make a VL look nice, but they all love it hahahaha. Very bogan spec lmao. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] I post on there also, alot of weirdos on that forum lol. My senator thread got zero interest here but heaps over there.. So its up and down i guess. Then again, there's people asking is it bad to drive with no rear springs
0 likes
MUSArchived member
I edited my post lol before you replied.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] I post on there also, alot of weirdos on that forum lol. My senator thread got zero interest here but heaps over there.. So its up and down i guess. And almost every VL in the Vl section is gay, the only ones I like are on CT aswell. Not many people on that forum make a VL look nice, but they all love it hahahaha. Very bogan spec lmao. There's a couple of nice VLs, not sure if there aware of calaisturbo or not, but its all predominantly p platers with vt-vz.
0 likes
philbyArchived member
When are you putting rego on it?
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by philby [View Post] When are you putting rego on it? I've set a deadline for my birthday in June to have it done and on the road but it might be a bit earlier then that
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Looking awesome man makes me want mine going even more..
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88wagon [View Post] Looking awesome man makes me want mine going even more.. Glad I could inspire haha. What's happen with your wagon mate?
0 likes
SELO XST 045Archived member
nice wheels and red walls set its off, coming along nicely ;- )
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Its just sitting at the moment have a wedding this year so its just chilling till the wedding is paid for, got a few things in tge works as I progress but it sucks I can't just throw money at it and get it on the road.. but yiur inspiring me for after tge wedding.,
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88wagon [View Post] Its just sitting at the moment have a wedding this year so its just chilling till the wedding is paid for, got a few things in tge works as I progress but it sucks I can't just throw money at it and get it on the road.. but yiur inspiring me for after tge wedding., Get it ready for the wedding!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Got some more done today, refitted the seats, kick panels, centre console and rear door trims. Left the front door trims off as I still need to replace both front check straps ( who has done this before?) I will end up painting the shifter surround eventually. Still a lot left to do but checking things off the list as well. Also have some plates in mind aswell Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,422 threads, 42,865 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.8% of indexed threads saved