Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Has anyone built a spool 3.4L yet

Started by MADVLT1 · 19 May 2012 · 129 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

pigsyArchived member
each to thier own if you have a passion for cars you will do what ever it takes. sky diving aint for all . l am doing a car at a slow rate dont care about the money, l do all my own things, from engine building fabracation you name it , if the bloke wants to blow his money, then it up to him .
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by pigsy [View Post] each to thier own if you have a passion for cars you will do what ever it takes. sky diving aint for all . l am doing a car at a slow rate dont care about the money, l do all my own things, from engine building fabracation you name it , if the bloke wants to blow his money, then it up to him . Someone that gets it. cheers dude. And i don't know why people keep saying 50k. I nearly do everything myself to or have friends that help if i can't do it and i have been doing the car for 12 years. Hope your build is going well.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
I don't understand why everyone is ripping in to him. I have seen the car in person, it is a fucking nice car, with big coin spent everywhere, not just on the engine.. Good luck with it mate, can't wait to see it back out at MallaNats. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXEDO [View Post] I don't understand why everyone is ripping in to him. I have seen the car in person, it is a fucking nice car, with big coin spent everywhere, not just on the engine.. Good luck with it mate, can't wait to see it back out at MallaNats. Cheers dude. how's yours coming along. Are you entering mallanats this year. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
Nah I'm not entering again this year, I'm doing a few little upgrades at the moment but I should be back out there next year!
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXEDO [View Post] Nah I'm not entering again this year, I'm doing a few little upgrades at the moment but l should be back out there next year! if your coming out to watch come over and say hi. ill take u on a cruise the track if i have room.
0 likes
TUXEDOArchived member
Ok awesome, I will! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
I think it sounds like a cool car/build. As above, your money, your car-your choice. Would be cool to see some pics when you can get them up.
0 likes
pigsyArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MADVLT1 [View Post] Someone that gets it. cheers dude. And i don't know why people keep saying 50k. I nearly do everything myself to or have friends that help if i can't do it and i have been doing the car for 12 years. Hope your build is going well. mines been going for 2.5 yrs now l got carried away and started a new business, so money has been even tighter, but l will get there , send some pics of your car if you can thanks troy, and l,m 42 it doesnt stop when you have a passion for something t its and wheels always cost money
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
lol at turismo and chad
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
lol indeed. Its build thread time. You asked for advice on a public forum and then argued the advice given by those in the know. (Not me, I dont know all that much, but the first couple of pages). I apologise if you took my comments the wrong way, I'm supportive of you doing as you wish and want to see what you are up to. However all i've seen so far is a shopping list.
0 likes
grunter01Archived member
man i wish you all the best with it, you will always find haters on the forum. ---------- Post added 21-10-12 at 17:25 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by MADVLT1 [View Post] Well my motor is finally built and was on the engine dyno today. We were tuning it for a few hours and everything was sweet. It is making 15psi and 300 ftlbs of torque at 3000rpm. Done the first power run to 6200rpm on 22 psi and it made 738 hp and 600ftlbs of torque with 15deg timing across the board. Put a few more deg timing in it for the second run. got to about 6000rpm and the turbo blew up so that was the end of that. tuner and engine builder reckons it will make 1000hp no worries. now i just have to wait for the turbo to be fixed. is this behind a manual or auto?
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by grunter01 [View Post] man i wish you all the best with it, you will always find haters on the forum. ---------- Post added 21-10-12 at 17:25 ---------- is this behind a manual or auto? Its got a 5 speed manual dog box with ppg gearset
0 likes
XCHASEArchived member
Look forward to a line up at Mallanats again. Hope it's all going to be ready.
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
When is this mallanats...***n want to get my bros car going for it, so you can chop us XCHAFE... edit..dec 1st..**** no chance..lol.. cheers darren
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XCHASE [View Post] Look forward to a line up at Mallanats again. Hope it's all going to be ready. I also hope it will be ready by then. just got the turbo to sort out. have you entered yet Steve or are you still waiting till they release the program.
0 likes
XCHASEArchived member
I got the form today at the horsepower show and had a chat. The organizer told me he plans on having other events on while the burnouts are on thank *****. This being the case and if the cars running I'll be there.
0 likes
MADVLT1Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by XCHASE [View Post] I got the form today at the horsepower show and had a chat. The organizer told me he plans on having other events on while the burnouts are on thank *****. This being the case and if the cars running I'll be there. If the cars running? Are you doing a few things to it. Turbo will be here in 2 weeks. Going to be pushing it to get it tuned and in the car.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Im not a hater at all im just interested . granted i could have worded it better but id hate to see some you put big cash on something that you take for one drive and think wow i have made a bad decision. "Its not going to be a dedicated track car. I still drive it on the street" I just hope you thought about others safety in making that decision. Its to much power for the road Simple as that. IMHO I know there are more powerfull cars on the road from factory but your machine is over kill But your cash your car
0 likes
XCHASEArchived member
No plans ATM, drive it while it's running!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,572 threads, 76,134 posts and 942 images saved from CT

30.9% of indexed threads saved