Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Walkinshaw Replica

Started by NZER · 15 Apr 2012 · 133 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

12maneymArchived member
why not go something different? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ EVLHSVArchived member
FRs and Walkys are a classic mix that is hard to top And if that car ever comes up for sale let me know - only thing I don't like are the rims
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by NZ EVLHSV [View Post] FRs and Walkys are a classic mix that is hard to top And if that car ever comes up for sale let me know - only thing I don't like are the rims +1. They should be on a pro tourer. Don't suit. Looks like a Donk! That Walky has had so much sh*t done to it, its has lost it value. Looks tacky! Just IMO.
0 likes
craigArchived member
I meet the owner of that Walky back in 2003 at his house in Hastings, can't remember his name now worked at a tyre shop, think he owns one now? At that time he had just finished the engine was hard out engine back then even now, but yeah it was a ruff car inside had done 98000 kms I think. But yeah he told me he was doing the car how he wanted and didn't care what other people thought of it even did not want it in a magazine, Nice guy though he would have poured 100 plus grand into that car! Has everything you can think of done to it. P.S go the Simmons they are muscle car mags for aussie muscle that is, undecided whether I would go fr18 again or fr19 both awesome mags! You can't go wrong either way, P.S.S it's funny how all us Walky owners past owners on here are the same age I'm a 1980 baby to.
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by craig [View Post] I meet the owner of that Walky back in 2003 at his house in Hastings, can't remember his name now worked at a tyre shop, think he owns one now? At that time he had just finished the engine was hard out engine back then even now, but yeah it was a ruff car inside had done 98000 kms I think. But yeah he told me he was doing the car how he wanted and didn't care what other people thought of it even did not want it in a magazine, Nice guy though he would have poured 100 plus grand into that car! Has everything you can think of done to it. P.S go the Simmons they are muscle car mags for aussie muscle that is, undecided whether I would go fr18 again or fr19 both awesome mags! You can't go wrong either way, P.S.S it's funny how all us Walky owners past owners on here are the same age I'm a 1980 baby to. Each to there own aye man. I saw it years ago too. Would have been best to keep it o.g and throw the money into building a rep. Always loved Simmons. That's funny. All heading towards our midlife crisis! Ahahahaha.
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
my dad built the engine, its full of COME racing stuff. it was dynoed at 450hp which was prob a honk motor back then. he owns mag and tyre in hastings now.loves his VL's lol.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
80's baby's,Oh gawd I'm a 60's one. As for Walkys the wife and I nearly brought build no 728,Went and looked at it and said yes,As blackwell had a sale called behind the wall prices must full.So around the the car yard they put up a hemp sack wall and painted it like the Pink floyd wall.That night some shyte bags come in and jumped all over the cars.Over 8k in damage just to the Walky.And that was to a car they were selling for 28k.Roof, bonnet, boot all jumped on.We were gutted and the sale did not go thru.We saw it about a year latter and it looked good and if you did not know it would not worry you.Don't know where the car is today but I would love to pay 28k for one. Cheers Marty ps from then on I always check to see what number car is at a show.
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Marty, did #728 have extremely low KM's on it?
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] 80's baby's,Oh gawd I'm a 60's one. As for Walkys the wife and I nearly brought build no 728,Went and looked at it and said yes,As blackwell had a sale called behind the wall prices must full.So around the the car yard they put up a hemp sack wall and painted it like the Pink floyd wall.That night some shyte bags come in and jumped all over the cars.Over 8k in damage just to the Walky.And that was to a car they were selling for 28k.Roof, bonnet, boot all jumped on.We were gutted and the sale did not go thru.We saw it about a year latter and it looked good and if you did not know it would not worry you.Don't know where the car is today but I would love to pay 28k for one. Cheers Marty ps from then on I always check to see what number car is at a show. I had the chance to buy a genuine back in 1998 for $23k. I didn't want to borrow too much money back then and bought a manual vn ss with really low k's. Thought that because it was newer it would be meaner. That theory was wrong. Lol. Sold that and started my VLT crush. Did Blackwells bring in all the HSV's back then? My old man has a manual VP Senator that originally came into the country through them . 1 of only 19 manuals built. 4 manuals came to nz.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL-Dan [View Post] Marty, did #728 have extremely low KM's on it? Dan Back then(1994-5)it had around 60,000 k(I think)It was and they still are a stunner.I have a freind here in Nelson who has a Black Walky rep with a 6 speed on a 5.7 litre (Reasonablely worked with alloy heads and a Mighty demon carb)Does easy 12's at the drags in Mot ---------- Post added 22-08-12 at 18:04 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by NZER [View Post] I had the chance to buy a genuine back in 1998 for $23k. I didn't want to borrow too much money back then and bought a manual vn ss with really low k's. Thought that because it was newer it would be meaner. That theory was wrong. Lol. Sold that and started my VLT crush. Did Blackwells bring in all the HSV's back then? My old man has a manual VP Senator that originally came into the country through them . 1 of only 19 manuals built. 4 manuals came to nz. Yes blackwell were(are) they only south island dealers,I was always there looking at there latest and greatest.Had brocky's fearwell breaky there too in 97.the senator your old man has is the the light coloured purple one?? Cheers Marty
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Its a dark blue colour. Blue and grey interior. Partial leather (outside of the seats). Its build no.150. Its has the 180kw motor as apposed to the 200kw high compression motor. They were all auto. They did build the 180kw's in auto too. Its an awesome car. Its probably travelled 1000k's in the last 10 years. Lol. It needs some tlc.
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Going to look for a plate! Man they aren't cheap. Got a couple of options. Got to make a decision.
0 likes
ss nutArchived member
Tell me about it,Ours was just under a grand,Nearly did not fit in the tailgate well as a coloured message plate is quite a bit wider.But happy withe the result,Looking for another for the sandman.Our first plate cost us $250 the next was 500 hundy and as I said the last eeeek,Nearly shyte myself!!But they look good and are the way to go. Cheers Marty
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by ss nut [View Post] Tell me about it,Ours was just under a grand,Nearly did not fit in the tailgate well as a coloured message plate is quite a bit wider.But happy withe the result,Looking for another for the sandman.Our first plate cost us $250 the next was 500 hundy and as I said the last eeeek,Nearly shyte myself!!But they look good and are the way to go. Cheers Marty Yea I got my first plate for my 21st. Bought a couple more and sold one. Yes they were cheap back in the day. I see they have a narrow plates now but they come with the logo at one end. It would be cool on the front if it didn't. ---------- Post added 24-08-12 at 20:29 ---------- Removed the Royale lights and replacing them with some Group A ones and new centre garnish. Going original and painting in behind the lights black. Sorry about the phone photos. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Personalised Plate purchased! Tail lights arrived today. Look pretty good. Pulled the boot carpet out and gave it a good scrub. Came up pretty good. Got new velcro to freshly mount it. ---------- Post added 29-08-12 at 21:50 ---------- NZ-SXYHDT is tidying up my console for me. Going to try and fix up the top pad with some high density foam. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VL-DanArchived member
Looking good man...I assume the lights are aftermarket? They will look pretty sharp when fitted up Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZERArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL-Dan [View Post] Looking good man...I assume the lights are aftermarket? They will look pretty sharp when fitted up I moko! Please don't tell me you have got a pair of genuine Group A ones! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
NZ-SXYHDTArchived member
they will really brighten up the rear after looking at how faded they were, freshly painted centre garnish will look good with it too....
0 likes
NZ_GTSArchived member
I put the same ones on my car a few years back, and they still look good. I reckon they're the best lookin VL taillights cos they're nice and dark - not a fan of the bright orangey/red ones. Is the centre console lid something special? I'm sure you could find a mint one for a few bucks.
0 likes
NZ-SXYHDTArchived member
nah nothing special Gaz, ive got one ill respray to match rest of centre console ill do for Ben.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 0 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today108

10,694 threads, 77,760 posts and 961 images saved from CT

31.2% of indexed threads saved