Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Powerplay

Started by TroyVK · 23 Jan 2012 · 168 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

PWR 747Archived member
Dyno will be all good mate, Pete wont let you down!
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Thats what I'm hoping for!
0 likes
Jet R31Archived member
Good luck with it cheers darren
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Thanks daz Took it for a drive around the street at Pete's and it didn't miss a beat Only took it to 6lb but no breakup and pulled very well Didn't hiccup or anything So fingers crossed, all will b good
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TroyVK [View Post] Thanks daz Took it for a drive around the street at Pete's and it didn't miss a beat Only took it to 6lb but no breakup and pulled very well Didn't hiccup or anything So fingers crossed, all will b good :0 6lb and it didnt "hiccup" or anything, and you pulled urself very well? niccce. Im sure the guys in the states are through the roof when their 8 sec supras hit 6 lb and dont get breakdown and "hiccup" or mybe 60lb ---------- Post added 09-02-12 at 22:20 ---------- Whats the boost you actually tuned your car too Troy? Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
It's getting taken to 25lb 2moro to see what it does The tune that's currently in the car was a tune from the previous owners car which the setup was smaller and auto All that was changed in the settings on the laptop was to id2000 injectors and e85 fuel by Ian hamwood from autronic That's why I only went to about 6lb It hadn't been on the dyno to check mixtures or anything so i didn't want to risk the motor
0 likes
calais25tArchived member
Sweet look forward to hearing the results, you gonna stop at 25lb?
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Yes Might have to stop earlier than that Depends what power it's at around there as I don't want to blow up the bottomend So it will be on anywhere from 20-25lb But being a gt45 rear, it only just starting to get into its efficiency around 25lb ---------- Post added 09-02-12 at 21:53 ---------- There will b 1 of 2 outcomes or "bang" lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
HYPED6Archived member
I'm almost disappointed im heading the the Southern 80 tomorrow. Almost. Seeing you had 700+ on 23 with your old setup Troy, with the new gear you should have more than enough power to smash just about anything out there. It should be a good day.
0 likes
exchaserArchived member
lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Only enough to beat u Sean And you have got a bit of a stutter there
0 likes
HYPED6Archived member
I'd hope you would beat me in a straight line troy. My thing is definitely no drag car. If they put a corner at the end of the 400 I would probably stand a chance Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
U would smash me! My brakes are sh1t for a start My favorite conversion would b a gtr with a 2j still 4wd Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CLNGMHArchived member
No news is good news right??
0 likes
PVL-747Archived member
Efi performance website ain't working dude. No news would be bad news I'd say. I hope he gets there one day.
0 likes
TroyVKArchived member
Nope Pretty pissed off at the moment to say the least But gotta love spending near 1k in the last week getting your car ready for an event, getting tyres, fuel, organizing a trailer then the motor ****ing itself on the dyno Love it! But what did I expect? Something always happens to my cars on the dyno! Was going great, making good power at low boost and revs, coming on earlier then it started knocking again This 1 looks like it was my fault, I didn't clean out the oil pump b4 I fitted it Stupid mistake and 1 I'll never make again New pump is getting ordered We were all set to put together 1 of my spare motors and pull an all nighter to get it back running, Pete was going to come and tune it 1st thing but I didn't have any main bearings, only rod and thrust bearings I was so fu<kin pissed off! The car was making 375@11lb@5000rpm, and yes at and it was the same at 33degrees I'll still head up 2moro for a look Have fun everyone, once again I can only spectate
0 likes
AVG45Archived member
Unlucky
0 likes
InsaneVLArchived member
PowerPlay, here I come!
0 likes
PSI06Archived member
sorry to hear mate ,u will get there!!!!! just keep trying and throw more money at them ,thats wot i reckon!!!!!
0 likes
sherman89Archived member
Yeah that sucks, oh well have a Break and get ready for next powerplay
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 3 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today24

18,087 threads, 195,515 posts and 2,150 images saved from CT

52.8% of indexed threads saved