Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

The 4x4 thread..

Started by Duke57TT · 15 Dec 2010 · 151 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

EpitaphArchived member
what were they worth?
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Dunno.. I just told the bloke I wanted spotties to fit the ARB bar. Ebay is telling me $360 for the pair. I think they are cheapies in the grand scheme of things.
0 likes
EpitaphArchived member
Not bad though. im gonna do a row of small light force on my roll bar, and two on the front bar
0 likes
MxPx VLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] Seeing as mine is silver D-MAX, I'm thinking black sunraisers, for the muddies Yeah black sunraysias are the go, I had a mate that could do powdercoating for free at the time, so I just bought white 15x8 Speedy Desert Rats and powdercoated them black, shopped around at the time and got them for $60 each i think. http://www.speedywheels.com.au/steel.htm http://www.kingwheels.com.au/wheels_...ing_page=steel (http://www.kingwheels.com.au/wheels_steel.php?sing_page=steel)
0 likes
VLRB20DETArchived member
Hey bigears, you on www.mudrhino.com.au?? (http://www.mudrhino.com.au??) anyway this is about the first time I've posted on here in a long time 1989 GQ Patrol, TD42 Intercooled, 20psi Boost, 36" Simex ET's on Beadlocks, Highmount Winch, Front ARB Air Locker This Video was of the Otways in 2009, one of the more challenging tracks, this was before I had a front locker and a turbo... (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/VLRB20DET/?action=view¤t=VTS_18_1.mp4) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Duke57TTArchived member
Nice, I was just going to get whatever I could find and paint them black powdoer coat would probably be better. Thanks Deets Quote: Originally Posted by MxPx VL [View Post] Yeah black sunraysias are the go, I had a mate that could do powdercoating for free at the time, so I just bought white 15x8 Speedy Desert Rats and powdercoated them black, shopped around at the time and got them for $60 each i think. http://www.speedywheels.com.au/steel.htm http://www.kingwheels.com.au/wheels_...ing_page=steel (http://www.kingwheels.com.au/wheels_steel.php?sing_page=steel) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
PHSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLRB20DET [View Post] Hey bigears, you on www.mudrhino.com.au?? (http://www.mudrhino.com.au??) anyway this is about the first time I've posted on here in a long time 1989 GQ Patrol, TD42 Intercooled, 20psi Boost, 36" Simex ET's on Beadlocks, Highmount Winch, Front ARB Air Locker This Video was of the Otways in 2009, one of the more challenging tracks, this was before I had a front locker and a turbo... (http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/VLRB20DET/?action=view¤t=VTS_18_1.mp4) the ottways ay, man that place really is a killer only need an hour of rain and the place turns to mush, i was fortunate to do redwater and clear water before they closed. well attempt to any way, there a couple of week long tracks. i have nt actually seen that track in your vid. what area ? forrest, beach forest or over towards wye river ? the hardest track iv found in the ottways, that is still open is accessible from oregan trk. "The ferns" talk about all year round slush id have to say in the winter it would be impossible with any rig. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLRB20DETArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by PHS [View Post] i have nt actually seen that track in your vid. what area ? forrest, beach forest or over towards wye river ? the hardest track iv found in the ottways, that is still open is accessible from oregan trk. "The ferns" talk about all year round slush id have to say in the winter it would be impossible with any rig. that track is depplers creek rd, its at beech forest this may well be the last year depplers and oregon may exist as that whole area is owned by logging companys ---------- Post added 03-04-11 at 12:35 ---------- For anyone that interested in 4wd'n around victoria or the comp scene check out the forum on www.mudrhino.com.au (http://www.mudrhino.com.au) or direct link to forum forum.mudrhino.com.au
0 likes
ovq01Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Duke57TT [View Post] Ok.. new job, new perks one being a full private use vehicle. Seeing as I want to tow the race car/ski boat/your mum around I went with a Isuzu D-Max 4x4 Dual Cab. Its Diesel.. I know **** all about diesels other than putting ball bearings into wastegate lines on tractors and headers to give them more go .. Still I like the way it goes, don't have to drop back gears going up hills etc etc, but seeing as I like to make stuff go faster and when I tow the race car I still want to be able to over take. What are my options for powering it up. Does anyone have products they have used that they would be happy to recommend? This thread isn't just for my D-Max.. show and tell what you have Get the DP chip, 3inch exhaust k+n air flow up grade the cooler, if you want more put gas on it ! Got the nissan patrol factory 4.2l diesel it runs 3inch bueadessert exhaust custom front mount intercooler bit more pump timing, more fuel, made 138hp at the rears and 780Nm torque on 12psi. still nice and safe. its a bit slow off the line as they all are. but i can sit beside any new hyandai excel or lancer from 50kms upwards it will even give an old commy a run for its money !! When i throw the car trailer and the vl on the back, its not even like its on there, i can drop it back a cog on the high way and over take with ease all the way to 150kms in 4th. I have wonder her up to 185kph on the high way THE BIGGEST THING WITH A DIESEL IS YOU HAVE TO MONITOR YOUR EXHAUST GAS TEMP AND BOOST !!!! START MAKING THEM COOK UP NEAR 650DEGREE'S C BEHIND THE TURBO (ROUGHLY 850 900 CORE) YOU WILL START MELTING PISTONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ---------- Post added 24-05-11 at 11:08 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by bigears [View Post] tb 4.2 gt35 ,44mm tial gate full sequential ice ignition ( so it runs under water) motec m600 and a few other bits and pieces, It goes pretty good WHat power does the tb42make, i have been thinking of getting a family daily patrol and doing the whole t04z on. go arab drift patrol style on it really. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DEVNT8Archived member
lj 80 the toy Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
OldGoldArchived member
that's mad - what's in it motorwise? what rim/tyre is that?
0 likes
DEVNT8Archived member
Runs a datto donk and box with the zook transfer case, good old kubota tyres, bit of a mud pig
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
Hey guys, I've got a 2006 jeep wrangler, it's got all terrain tyres on it, manual not sure it's if got a lift kit. Wondering how they go off road? Anyone been in one off road before. I'll post up pics tommorrow
0 likes
zaksvlArchived member
doesnt really compare to the 'real 4wd' in this thread. haha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BaxArchived member
Had a 4wd training course with work last week, was pretty decent. Old mate that ran the course had a Jeep as a daily and wouldnt shut up about it. I've only just gotten my old busted ass B2600 running. Now I just have to figure out if it's worth the cash to get it into an offroad pig.
0 likes
dceptvArchived member
I just put BFGs on my ute. Cant wait to hack up some terrain!
0 likes
BaxArchived member
A mate just sent me this link, it looks pretty decent for finding out where tracks are. http://www.4x4earth.com.au/
0 likes
BaxArchived member
On another note, Anyone here got themselves an LED Lightbar? I've been looking into spotties, but the light bars just look insanely good. The price is outrageous though, I'd only be chasing a 10" one.
0 likes
kalais6Archived member
Now with 33's
0 likes
HTURBOArchived member
A few good tracks down my way. http://www.google.com.au/search?q=4x...c& hl=en&aq=f (http://www.google.com.au/search?q=4x4+labertouche&tbo=p&tbm=vid&source=vgc&hl=en&aq=f)
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today27

18,965 threads, 208,374 posts and 2,296 images saved from CT

55.4% of indexed threads saved