Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

VLTNationals pics and reviews!

Started by SIroller · 24 Apr 2010 · 142 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

abrowne70Archived member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnzCvXQxO1s
0 likes
mz_vlArchived member
sunday was a top day, so many quality vl's and perfect weather. Nice to chat to a few of you. did anyone get pix of MIS5VL ?? i saw a fair few people around my car & some taking photos =) would love to see them !
0 likes
XEC747Archived member
I was too busy watching MR VLT and because my connection is slow it paused at 9 seconds to stream more and while waiting I looked at lane 2 to see a screen shot of a car massively sideways
0 likes
DVS VL280Archived member
there were 3 vl's running into the 8's and alll up 4 rbs running into the 8's
0 likes
dvs_wgnArchived member
had a great time up their made the treak up saturday in my wagon with a few other boys but after all the rain and the cops the hole way home on sat night i took the work ute the following day. so glad i did thanks to that cop road block.. i feel the same way about people makeing the effort to try get this event going i mean what else down in melbourne is heir to support these days?. f*ck their wer some killer cars around the pitts some of the huge turbo's wer just amazeing and and how quickley they wer able to get them up on boost was good. all i can say is bad luck for weather and bring on next one!!!
0 likes
DannyVTSSArchived member
It was a great weekend , congrats to Steve and whoever else helped organize it . Seeing the Maatouk's , Team Karam and the Raj cars made it worth the trip , pity about the weather but what can you do ... I was a bit disappointed on the Monaro and Valiant being there ( not VL's ) and that damn kid on the bike and ****ty XF ute getting like a million passes , also the Raj car not being there and I think if it was held at Calder we woulda seen a lot more cars and people but nevertheless I had a great time , looking forward to the next one .
0 likes
AirStrikeArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DannyVTSS [View Post] It was a great weekend , congrats to Steve and whoever else helped organize it . Seeing the Maatouk's , Team Karam and the Raj cars made it worth the trip , pity about the weather but what can you do ... I was a bit disappointed on the Monaro and Valiant being there ( not VL's ) and that damn kid on the bike and ****ty XF ute getting like a million passes , also the Raj car not being there and I think if it was held at Calder we woulda seen a lot more cars and people but nevertheless I had a great time , looking forward to the next one . What about the Gemini?
0 likes
DannyVTSSArchived member
Yea that's one of the cars Maatouk's had there , was definitely a highlight .
0 likes
AFG-WPNArchived member
the best race there would have been the maatouks and the qld rajab built ignite. dead even times, was amazing to watch
0 likes
AirStrikeArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by DannyVTSS [View Post] Yea that's one of the cars Maatouk's had there , was definitely a highlight . I mean what about the Gemini, it's not a VL.............
0 likes
CocopopzArchived member
Could we of entered any other type of car? if I knew there was going to be a lack of enterants and other cars apart from VL's I would of asked if I could race the VE. ^^^^^ that is only positive criticism, it wont hurt anyone. I tend to agree, the turn out was poor but I had alot of fun. Wish I knew some others and could have some input.
0 likes
DannyVTSSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by AirStrike [View Post] I mean what about the Gemini, it's not a VL............. Yea but it's got an RB30 and it's pulling mid 8's so I'm not complaining , better than watching the Monaro and Valiant run 11's and 12's and that kid on the bike go like 15's
0 likes
vltrb-0Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by AirStrike [View Post] I mean what about the Gemini, it's not a VL............. 10 non vl's got an invite dave, from the looks of it if more vl owners don't support there will have to be a **** load more non vl cars to keep the even interesting for all personally i loved it well worth he 50 bucks over all i reckon i saw a good 10 hrs racing if you didn't see it get up earlier next time
0 likes
AirStrikeArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by vltrb-0 [View Post] 10 non vl's got an invite dave, from the looks of it if more vl owners don't support there will have to be a **** load more non vl cars to keep the even interesting for all personally i loved it well worth he 50 bucks over all i reckon i saw a good 10 hrs racing if you didn't see it get up earlier next time Sorry seems you misunderstood. I had no probs with the non-VL entrants, original poster complained about the pacer and GTS but not the Gemini, I was questioning why.
0 likes
WeezyArchived member
Highlights of the drag racing for me; Sherifs first run of the weekend - He launched that thing so ****ing hard and it hooked up awesome, ****ing awesome. One of the best VLCT's imo And the Queen St Gemi powerskiding the whole 1/4mile - Anthony maatouk is a crazy driver
0 likes
sleepyvltArchived member
any more pics of that clean sleeper mid page, whos is that looks nice.
0 likes
pmacArchived member
Just got back. Crazy weekend, im still recovering! Cheers to all the entrants and spectators that came out and made the effort to make this past weekend what it was. IMO it was sick! Loved seeing the Maatouks crew getting out there and having fun, and other interstaters like Sherif and Ignite putting on a show. Highlights would have been the powerskids, the run between ex vl god and ignite, vlboss's PB run, and Mr VLT smashing limiter in the skids lol Was great meeting some interstaters and hanging with the SA crew. Top weekend
0 likes
MRN4SAArchived member
Anyone got more pics of the cars parked at the show n shine? or any vids ?
0 likes
chris 088Archived member
i rekon it was a great weekend! well worth the drive over and lack of sleep lol. loved seeing some quality vls up close. ill be ther next year for sure Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
88 ChaserArchived member
As already mentioned I was fairly dissapointed by the turn out, and this was no fault to the guys who organised the event it was one of the smoothest running events I have attended, hats off to Steve, Paul and their crew who put this together, in their own time and money. There were however more spectators there on the Sunday than I think I have ever seen at Heathcote before. Unfortunatly we couldnt get my car fixed after smashing an axle at the top end of the track with street tyres on, just unlucky I think, probably a good excuse to go for a good diff now though. Just being able to watch Anthony drive his cars down that track was amazing, and well worth the time and money to get there. Great event Steve, lets hope next year mate a few more of the talkers will actually get their cars there.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 1 guest active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today28

19,541 threads, 219,226 posts and 2,385 images saved from CT

57.1% of indexed threads saved