Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Calaisturbo.com.au roll call

Started by Katsa · 15 Apr 2018 · 148 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

calaist5Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VL_JOHN [View Post] Lol. Yeah, just over two years off the road for a new engine and bay painting, only to have the car rear ended buy an idiotic 'foreign' driver before it was even run in. That was late last year. The damage wasn't bad but has taken until now to sort out. Fingers crossed, it should be back on the road this weekend.. Omg, sorry to hear but me too. My blue car was rear ended late last year too. I had another right rear quarter put in. Thank god for insurance. Have fun this weekend.
0 likes
PistolArchived member
Still lurking around, and so grateful that CT is still up and running.
0 likes
MADNESSArchived member
Holy **** i i got my login first try! still have my first VLT i ever bought 18 years later 144,000 orginal ks on the clock car was off the road for 7 years striped and painted and soon to be getting some more goodies thrown at it
0 likes
trkwpnArchived member
Can someone change my god dam User name lol!
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MADNESS [View Post] Holy **** i i got my login first try! still have my first VLT i ever bought 18 years later 144,000 orginal ks on the clock car was off the road for 7 years striped and painted and soon to be getting some more goodies thrown at it Mate you have to get afew pics/thread going on that! Even throw up a back story in readers rides Good to see you mate!
0 likes
vltnitronArchived member
Yep
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 350stato [View Post] I still kick about here and there, even updated my build lol.. well, not that there was a lot to post ha ha I still follow your thread and look for updates! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
V8 ETAArchived member
wow....haven't been on this site in ages, but thought I'd drop in. remember good videos of a guy with a green wagon that used to crush coke cans with his airbag system and the guy (cant remember his name) that had OMY-11S which was meant to be OMY-08S which never happened.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Good to see you mate, the green wagon I think was welsy?? OMY11Z was mint, I loved the bonnet cut out it had lol
0 likes
fleasArchived member
Still around.....keen for the Australian match tonight
0 likes
V8 ETAArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by fleas [View Post] Still around.....keen for the Australian match tonight Should�ve won!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] I still follow your thread and look for updates! This car has been the flavor of late, am actually slowly doing stuff, have just spent a bit of cash to do something with it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
DamoVLArchived member
here
0 likes
87VLSLArchived member
Member since 2002. Still come here for an occasional look. Still into VL's. Currently have 3 still road registered, 2 parts cars, and a Wagon im still deciding weather to restore or not. I remember when these forums were very active. Great times. Hope it stays alive into the future and does not die like the Street Commodores forums. A lot of information, handy tech advice, and history was lost when it went. Once you start off with VLs, the interest in them never dies.
0 likes
gdshArchived member
Here. Skim through ever so often, alot less bull**** here compared to Facebook.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
I'm a new member as of late last year and have only recently made some posts in the last few months. I'm not on FaceBook as I have thought it ruins a lot of things (it does have good points) but not for me. I wish I searched this site years ago as it is full of excellent information and fantastic cars. I have had several earlier model commodores including an original VB SLE 308-with yella terra heads and with t400 auto with duco painted in a factory metallic gunmetal blue/grey colour. I also had a white 6cyl VK Calais lowered with polished VH SLE rims. My favourite Commodores were VL's so I sold all my other Commo's and saved for a VL and my first VL was a factory tuxedo black VL V8 Calais that I still have to this day. I have had several other VL's during that time - 1x Silver VL exec with colour coded bumpers and black around windows and tail lights and blue interior and 1x red VL exec with full replica calais silver painted on lower sections and black painted around windows and tail lights and with a beige interior. Before I got my learners permit (back in the late 1980's) I had a 2door LC torana as my first car and have had many torrys since then including several LJ's and 2x LX Hatchbacks - one 6cyl with bright metallic blue duco and centrline style wheels and other was v8 with full white colour coded body/bumpers in the SS look with bumper over riders and a set of dragway indy mags. To this day I still have a torry - LJ 2door yellow and black 6cyl GTR replica. It would be fair to say more people love the black VL calais than the torana but I'm not selling either of them. Long live the VL's and Calaisturbo.com.au ---------- Post added 17-07-18 at 21:18 ---------- Here are just a few of the cars I've had ---------- Post added 17-07-18 at 21:43 ---------- I still have the Yellow Torana to this day Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
Photo 1 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 2 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 3 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 4 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 5 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 6 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 7 shared by TuxedoCalPhoto 8 shared by TuxedoCal
0 likes
KingyvlArchived member
Here lads! Only took me 3 attempts at logging in. Can’t remember how long I’ve been a member, but have been since way back when the old forums were up, I was probably 17, so 18 years at a guess. Still jump on here a few times a year. Haven’t had a decent car since the ss, wife, kids and a house stopped the toys for a bit. I’ll have another Calais very soon though. Has Jet-6 checked in yet? **** boys, back in the day as you have said there would be a hundred new threads a day so much banter and shade being thrown, great times. Still have all the CT merchandise also.
0 likes
TRB006Archived member
I'm still here. Long live CT Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TuxedoCalArchived member
Bump. Surely some others are still out there that have not acknowledged this thread.
0 likes
SIK304Archived member
Still have a browse every now and then, been here since �04. Still got my Calais I had when I joined.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today47

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 357 images saved from CT