Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
08-12-15, 09:11 GMT+10#101 The standard fuel tank is all 1 piece including the neck, unbolt the 2 straps and lower it slightly, it will still be hanging by the rubber on the neck in the fuel flap area
While its not completely out take off the breather hoses on top of the tank, assuming you have already disconnected the fuel lines at the back and plugs for the sender and pump it is ready to come out
While it is out replace all of the breather lines (if any are left) attached to the neck or the car will stink of fuel
If the drop tank is out of a VN the neck will be slightly longer (30-40mm from memory) just measure your existing one and compare, chop the excess if needed
If its from a VL it will be the same, it is a lot easier to fit the neck into the fuel flap area first as it is one less thing to stuff around with while handling the tank
0 likes
08-12-15, 09:42 GMT+10#102 Cheers antho! The tank I think is from a vp or vq! The sender is different with 1 less plus and different return so I gotta put the vl sender into this tank! Also I'm certain I looked at the neck in the car ATM and it had a rubber joiner as in its not 1 piece but I'll check tonight and msg back in here! It's a bt1 so it came with drop tank and 28 spline diff but the old owner removed the tank to keep for himself and put standard in!
0 likes
11-12-15, 06:12 GMT+10#103 Antho your correct, tank neck is single piece!
Finished last bailey channel and door trim lady night!
Pretty much just got a few minor exterior things to do and put loom on engine then drop it in!
Anyone has a spare 2x lock clip retainers?
Also the 2x bonnet rod holders?
I seen to have misplaced these minor parts
0 likes
22-12-15, 07:48 GMT+10#104 Just moved house, very painful to get cars there and engine but all there now! Finally got good big garages so looking forward to more work ahead lol
Just about to have knee surgery so will be off my feet for next 2 weeks and mrs is due in 5 weeks so fingers crossed I can drop this engine in ASAP and get her firing!
---------- Post added 22-12-15 at 07:21 ----------
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/4275F520-2ED7-4764-9D70-6DB0F4ED6C40_zpsn3mo966x.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/3975DD6E-4077-421B-9531-BA3CDA3BABE4_zpstz4qgpdh.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/D8806930-BFCB-40EF-9636-43AF5E1F8E3E_zpsfbvzi7bp.jpg.html)
---------- Post added 22-12-15 at 07:24 ----------
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/9FF1A024-6C5C-4FB5-BA21-AE329A51137D_zpsty9slp4b.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/F539D4A3-62C5-43F8-9F2B-A27B0656D5D3_zpsgy3fhvll.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/BFCEA96A-0718-431D-83C7-9AA747299F94_zpsikgrmppt.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/FAA88EDF-904C-4441-890C-6BB148C96270_zps5cwxrdrw.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
20-01-16, 20:56 GMT+10#106 Mint bloke.
Any more updates!?
0 likes
20-01-16, 21:53 GMT+10#107 Nothing atm Steff! I've just started walking again and have another son 7 days old lol kinda got my hands full atm!
0 likes
27-01-16, 19:50 GMT+10#108 Pumping cars out like factory Deano (looking great).
Congrats on the new one (Baby) and all the best to the recovery.
0 likes
28-01-16, 10:13 GMT+10#109 Cheers and cheers mate! Tough work atm with new born and 18 month old lol
Anyway goot new auto bolts yesterday as I got no idea where old ones are or would be! Nitron will be for sale very shortly too just contemplating whether I turbo it or not!
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/48E56EFF-537C-40D5-95E4-77B0E96FDCE9_zps594srqo5.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/BFE26444-9FDC-4524-9861-0A795723C614_zpsuy7rh8x7.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
29-01-16, 16:26 GMT+10#111 Congrats on the Bub mate hope all is well
0 likes
03-02-16, 20:25 GMT+10#112 Congrats on the little man Deano!
Top stuff!
0 likes
06-02-16, 16:07 GMT+10#113 Cheers boy's, forgot what its like to have a full nights sleep atm! I planning on putting spare loom I got on engine (dredding it) this week and engine in asap!
0 likes
05-03-16, 10:49 GMT+10#114 Loom on, cannot believe how easy it was with engine on stand took me 20 minutes! In the next day or 2 I'm removing the loom on the car ATM and chucking engine in! Stay tuned people
---------- Post added 05-03-16 at 10:25 ----------
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/906F05E2-F15F-478D-92E0-A8A7DA7DFA60_zpsaqhqlw6o.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/E47C33CD-BEAF-4150-AFEC-7FF323704443_zpstjhuffny.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/7367EB8F-713C-4025-A75C-5468E9DB9916_zpsu1zncso9.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/F48640F2-C3BE-461F-A672-4A8157A8C30E_zpshwlvqzky.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
05-03-16, 12:34 GMT+10#115 Never been a fan of BT1's but that is mint.
0 likes
05-03-16, 13:53 GMT+10#116 Charles that is the nicest thing you have ever said in relation to me lol
0 likes
11-03-16, 08:27 GMT+10#117 A very productive night last night! Thanks to my mate mark pictured who helped me drop it in, 4 hands and better than 2!
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/FDCB4058-C61D-4092-AE96-C45792564EDD_zpsj2tkghmb.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/CA528225-BDF5-4831-856E-FBA5A897C767_zps1zi64j4g.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/5CBDEF41-80EA-49D2-AA30-6FF80B9BF403_zpsq3gwrejw.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/5AFFCC73-8893-4581-8227-CED33FCA13CA_zpsj85bfxrv.jpg.html)
---------- Post added 11-03-16 at 07:59 ----------
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/BE407FEE-041C-4D5A-815F-9454272C6DD4_zps20fogrjf.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/D1F74DF8-7E99-4430-9CD3-2F70674014DD_zpsog5xdpab.jpg.html)
---------- Post added 11-03-16 at 08:00 ----------
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/B4595B13-FBE2-442B-89A1-EF8EBB799E51_zpsczdlvjfr.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-03/F1C4680E-18ED-4077-9461-C4C09A08ED92_zpshpzfiuvl.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/0C3FD735-5028-41A6-95C3-C51D008153BE_zpsb63ho4ue.jpg.html)
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
11-03-16, 12:47 GMT+10#118 This is looking great! My jealousy knows no bounds!
0 likes
11-04-16, 09:06 GMT+10#120 (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/FF31291A-B778-42B9-8350-942CBAE3DA0D_zpsx6kb9tow.jpg.html)
(http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/F47982D7-334E-4BD9-A717-4AD7B4293F55_zpsflgt0l9p.jpg.html)
I'm slowly slowly chipping away with limited time
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes