Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›General discussion
General discussion

My A9Y VL Calais Wagon

Started by priceysVL · 4 Sept 2013 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

88wagonArchived member
That was the plan but overtime has been backed off at work etc and I just don't have time or money to finish it by then, plan is to have it ready for power cruise next year hopefully
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88wagon [View Post] That was the plan but overtime has been backed off at work etc and I just don't have time or money to finish it by then, plan is to have it ready for power cruise next year hopefully Good to set a deadline, I've set mine for June. Need to get a resurgence of wagons around the Sydney area
0 likes
88wagonArchived member
Well I'm in nsw right next door to canberra but would like to make it to a sydney cruise eventually, as for the deadline id really like to have it finished by then, but as we all know it will never actually be finished.. I actually just sold my na one to a fellow members father who's got big plans for a massive clean up and fix up so he will hopefully post another build thread soon on it..
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 88wagon [View Post] Well I'm in nsw right next door to canberra but would like to make it to a sydney cruise eventually, as for the deadline id really like to have it finished by then, but as we all know it will never actually be finished.. I actually just sold my na one to a fellow members father who's got big plans for a massive clean up and fix up so he will hopefully post another build thread soon on it.. I originally had my deadline for C4C last year but laziness and too many nights on the piss didn't result in much productivity. I've gone hard this year and pretty much worked on it every weekend since, but I find if I do too much in one hit I get over it or get frustrated. Will also be good to see your mates progress when it comes about. I've also been having conflicting views in my head about the 20's. They won't go if I decide not to run them, I'll just put them on my ute. But for the wagon I've been thinking about some 17-18s, wether Holden wheels or something 5 spoke, even the mc racing( Simmons replicas). All in due time. Also got all the lights working, still need to hook up the reverse lights and run the speedo cable. Eventually I would like to replace the entire dash as well as a few peices are broken and brittle. Also have an issue with the dash illumination, not lightin up and it's not the dimmer? Any help would be great. Cheers for viewing. James
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
17" satin black Simmons FR's with lots of dish. dooo eeeet... Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
[/COLOR] Quote: Originally Posted by CYNICL [View Post] 17" satin black Simmons FR's with lots of dish. dooo eeeet... Your shout? I might have to play around on the commo config, look at a few different ideas. Can't go wrong with polished Calais but Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] [/COLOR] Can't go wrong with polished Calais but Agreed Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
Haha yeah sure I'll shout you some after I get some. <Read:Never, because I'm poor> Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Been a couple of weeks since an update. Had some time yesterday to do a few things. Put a new set of front sway bar links in and fitted up the speedo cable, which still didn't work after I went for a drive. :s And I also got some new wheels (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/C9C0695D-5EF5-44C3-922A-02FA5DE25075_zpsgu9yhz12.jpg.html) Swapped them for the g8s that I had on my ute, and the gts are now on that. (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/A2FE345F-73AF-4391-AB08-115851E4FAEC_zps51vf4ri6.jpg.html) Funnily enough, the guy I swapped with now owns my old gold v8 berlina that I had last year. Now has asteroid silver bars, was good to see it hadn't been trashed. (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-04/E3F6E661-A100-42D9-88AF-043670350894_zpsmz4c6sxs.jpg.html) And how it sits, I'm still considering putting sedan ultra lows in the rear so it sits flat. Hopefully not long now til rego! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
CYNICLArchived member
I saw those wheels up on FB hehe. I think a bit more low in the rear would make it look more sleek especially having such a long roof line. ;P PS. Daily looks sweet!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Yeah it's just sitting a bit ass up at the moment. I'll need to get an adjustable panhard rod as well. Bit difficult of late to find time and motivation to work on her, been flat out at work and soccer takes up all my Saturdays. It's getting closer but! I was talking to a few of the other VL owners note beaches and we should all have a get together around June/July.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Me likely..
0 likes
philbyArchived member
I have some SL springs you can have (http://s236.photobucket.com/user/philby-83/media/stuff%20to%20sell%20on%20ebay/P9180196.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
I've already organized some sedan ultra lows and an adjustable panhard rod. Cheers anyway. Hopefully have them installed in the next week or so.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Did a bit tonight. Sedan ultras in the rear, adjustable panhard rod and got the speedo working. There was this adapter on the side of the box? (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/2B8752B9-CDC5-4F69-B3B1-AC8404DC37C9_zpssibq5npe.jpg.html) It had a square hole so the circle cable wouldn't fit? So I undid it from the box And ran the cable straight into the box. Maybe it was an adapter so you could run and auto cable? Anyway it works now And how it sits now, so much happier with it. Can't even fit 1 finger in the wheel gap, tighter then a nun. (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/3F5CE57A-5B94-4BA1-924C-3FDC91C9B11D_zpsoebio6ks.jpg.html) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/24CC1A47-63C0-4822-9010-AC914324E2AA_zpsuajesfdt.jpg.html) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/46AA6955-3397-4E62-86DE-CA5938DEDAFB_zpsf9ophphy.jpg.html) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/2B121F32-BC74-46AF-906B-70124B54A522_zpsvzhznfvr.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
#adzArchived member
rear sits really nice now
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Looking really good!
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
I'm really happy with it now. Cheers for all the comments, means a lot. Hopefully not long until its on the road ---------- Post added 05-05-14 at 15:20 ---------- Bit of Instagram magic (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/CAEA3A7A-329C-4035-BC09-C94C7C750545_zpsfkgahlb7.jpg.html) Have orders from the boss that it must be back at home in 2 weeks, so a few of the little electrical things ill have to get fixed then we can blue slip it. Also been looking into the vt front brake upgrade, getting some prices as we speak. Still yet to put all the bases back on and still need to fit the new rubber kit and front check straps but these I can do at home. Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
For those eagerly awaiting an update here it is. Since the last post I have been acquiring various parts but have also been quite lazy but I pulled my finger out tonight! We all know standard brakes are pretty average so I went down the VT upgrade on the front. Slotted rotors and remsa front pads. Purchased some vt calipers and anchors from a wrecker and had them sandblasted and rebuilt. (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/10100D82-8194-4A58-B1B5-2EEC1AC8458A_zpsub6sxomw.jpg.html) And vt hub adapters from race brakes Sydney, highly recommend them. (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-07/10100D82-8194-4A58-B1B5-2EEC1AC8458A_zpsumzh3vnt.jpg.html) All fitted up and brakes bled, all new braided lines front and rear (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/278DEC0E-3FB7-4E9F-8DC0-948FF677D53C_zps07ajex4p.jpg.html) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/AF5121BF-5D85-43A7-ABA1-C6C3CBF1D219_zpsm0bbgw6t.jpg.html) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Aussie3692/media/Mobile%20Uploads/79AF17AA-6BF4-4AD7-A69F-4E37DB8BC1D6_zpskt1ty40w.jpg.html) And also fitted a new ignition barrel as the old one could be started with a flatblade. Have also got some front check straps to go in as well and also having a few cold start issues. Will be ready for summer I hope! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Nice brakes, getting there!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,452 threads, 42,992 posts and 632 images saved from CT

18.8% of indexed threads saved