Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›Meets & events
Meets & events

Jack's LS1 Calais Wagon build thread

Started by VLWAGONIT · 29 Dec 2012 · 123 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

VLWAGONITArchived member
cheers man. had another setback last night with a blown fuel line and a blown brake line both within 50m of each other happening. I love VL's
0 likes
SteveArchived member
What dodgy place made your lines up? lol
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
some place that doesn't know what ADR approved means. Time for another upgrade
0 likes
SteveArchived member
For brake lines, ring Race Brakes Sydney. Used to be a forum sponsor, I've bought a few sets from him. They were ADR approved Goodridge lines. Just told him VL with VT calipers
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Pretty sure thats who I got the last set off. Ordered a new set yesterday and my brand new front bumper rocked up today as well
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
New brake lines are on as well as a whiteline front sway bar and a newer set of rear shocks ( not the greatest but still better than the 28yo junk that was on there)
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Updates. Took her for a walk on the beach (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/61165DC5-8281-4591-AC9F-25E12C1EFE93_zpsh6xs70tu.jpg.html) Bought another LS1, this one with a cam and stuff in it for $1800 (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/67985EDB-7CAD-4D41-9F9E-DE38E314D29C_zps3oaxq2cl.jpg.html) I scored an Exeedy heavy duty clutch with the engine for $150 as well (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160708_103349_zpsozeof19r.jpg.html) (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160708_105221_zpsh1jjccqv.jpg.html) I pulled the old engine out last time I was home in the hope of being able to swap them over in a day however I couldn't get the old spigot bearing out of the old motor and I snapped an oil pressure sender adapter so after ordering a new bearing while I was on site, I dropped the new engine in on Friday and it fired straight up (http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l86/vlwagonit/Mobile%20Uploads/Snapchat-3536153372572811634_zpsndireuu2.mp4) Then yesterday I dropped it off for a tune at BYE Performace (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/Snapchat-8881711228739705128_zpsz7tszhcw.jpg.html) Apparently the car made 390rwhp on BP ultimate which isnt too bad for an otherwise stock LS1 (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1468246313506_zps3liyjqjj.jpg.html) Heading there to pick it up some time this morning Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
OliverArchived member
Good work Jack!
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by VLWAGONIT [View Post] Bought another LS1, this one with a cam and stuff in it for $1800 (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/67985EDB-7CAD-4D41-9F9E-DE38E314D29C_zps3oaxq2cl.jpg.html) Love this pic lol Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Whats the point in having a wagon if you don't use it!!! atm its got a fuel tank and the complete front end off a VL in there haha
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Hows it drive, any better with the new tune?
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
The power comes on so smooth you hardly notice it until you look down at the speedo!! The biggest day to day difference is the clutch being a bit heavier than the factory t56 one. Not a problem for me but the missus might have a bit of an issue with it. Looking forward to running it down the strip in September!
0 likes
caibsArchived member
Haha you should be able to beat my corollas time now. She's looking pretty pro mate, done well
0 likes
UnseenArchived member
if im home ill bring me ve up for a few runs when the plex re-opens
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by caibs [View Post] Haha you should be able to beat my corollas time now. She's looking pretty pro mate, done well Cheers man. Its still not perfect though. Still havnt even painted the bumpers and side molds since I bought it and I want to tidy up the wiring a bit as well
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Taking the wagon down tomorrow night if anyone else is heading down.
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
(http://s94.photobucket.com/user/vlwagonit/media/FB_IMG_1475721469042_zpscrwyvi1i.jpg.html) Knocked nearly half a second off my time from last season with the new engine in. was running with a passenger on second hand radials as well. https://youtu.be/HTlQn8dc1PQ This was my last run of the night Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
UnseenArchived member
nice time mate
0 likes
TheChadArchived member
I want to come for a lap (in the dry)
0 likes
VLWAGONITArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by TheChad [View Post] I want to come for a lap (in the dry) I'll take you for one when you take your Calais out again
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 4 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today100

8,981 threads, 62,105 posts and 788 images saved from CT

26.2% of indexed threads saved