Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

DIY Bt1 build

Started by deanoVLCT · 11 Jan 2015 · 138 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

SIrollerArchived member
getting there mate awesome!
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
How long till first drive ? Good job
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Impossible to set a time frame with 2 kids lol Fingers crossed done in 2-3 weeks but who knows! Appreciate all the positive feedback ---------- Post added 11-04-16 at 21:41 ---------- Tonight I installed the power steering lines, installed the dizzy and was about to fit leads and rotor button once cylinder 1 was TDC when the wife demanded I bath the kiddies lol then a mate came over, night finished!
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
how many times have you done something like this?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Played around with cars for 10 odd years now but never to this extent, in saying that I have another 2 toranas and another Vl to restore so I will be doing this a lot lol plus I'm restoring cars on the side with another mate! Installed leads and got cylinder 1 TDC tonight! Next is battery loom, heater hoses, vac lines on plenum and bolt auto to engine!
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Absolutely beautiful deano
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Well it's 99% done! Was complete maybe 2 months ago but I had a funny "auto" noise which took me hours to work out and I gave up for a while, turned out to be a faulty starter motor believe or not it wasn't retracting enough but I've fixed that now! I've got it running smooth as now, done the timing etc and sounds great, only downfall bloody oil seals blown in the turbo which sucks (blows white smoke) My mate Ben who I was building it with well I ended up building it for him and he has bought me out, I've promised to never ever ever ever ever build a car for someone else ever again lol cause for you guys that have done it before know it takes hundreds and hundreds of hours to do! I ended up making stuff all $ for the hours I put into restoring the whole car but nothing can buy experience I guess but in theory it would add up to me probably earning about a dollar an hour lol I'll build another like this for someone for 8k if anyone's keen haha the car is damm mint and it's kinda sad to see it go but on the other hand im pretty proud of myself for what I have built! I would like to thank Ben for his patience on waiting for the car plus his funding and special thanks to my good mates mark and Graeme (boosted wagon) on all the late night phone calls and abuse from me lol I have another bt1 same as this which I'll be building for myself along with a factory Vl v8 tuxedo black berlina! Any feedback is greatly appreciated and if you guys want more build threads from me then just let me know and I'll start another!! ---------- Post added 13-07-16 at 17:31 ---------- (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/194BAF92-405E-423F-933F-3CAD2FC91C5C_zpsf67gy2fb.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/1D7E3A68-1267-4BFE-BA99-F1D826668733_zpsq9kgbh8x.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/54A22CDD-F5DB-4EF7-BF2F-7FF3730AC83B_zpsovomeqhg.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/274F0235-FAD2-4897-8E76-DC7E6A6A6A45_zpssaudpudj.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/02BD937B-5043-4EAE-AAED-4950A5A96D49_zps4dnxftb1.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/51503ADB-A63F-4F6A-8E80-06B1726DB85B_zpscnsinai5.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Well sh!t, almost sad to see it come to an end and be sold, looks the bloody goods though, hope mine turns out half as neat, I think most guys on here are always happy to see more build threads mate, post em up!!
0 likes
AnthoArchived member
Top job! Except for that exhaust what is going on there?
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
That's the old one, its currently got the 2x dumps on, I didn't fit the 3 inch as it only has to be removed again once turbo is changed! ---------- Post added 14-07-16 at 13:37 ---------- Will start my tuxedo black Vl v8 berlina build thread next week, it's been in storage cause I've got too many cars currently at mine lol so its coming to my joint in about 10 days once bt1 goes!
0 likes
bo5tonArchived member
Nice work Dean, it came up a treat! I don't know how you could let it go! I've read through the thread a few times now! Can't wait for the next build thread!
0 likes
calaist5Archived member
Yet again, great work. Really appreciate you sharing.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Great job. Look forward to the new thread.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Appreciate the kind words fellas
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
She has officially left my hands! Sad sad day but what can you do! Couple goodbye pics for you fellas! Bare in mind car hasn't been washed and inside hasn't been cleaned! Until next time fellas, next build thread soon! (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/A3676833-094A-4000-8C1B-B73469BAD7A2_zpsroazm4bh.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/E563252E-677B-4FF8-9BA4-695E9421921A_zps84kwxlle.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/E3371A7D-116C-46AC-AEC0-08F51837F5AC_zps5xhwphof.jpg.html) (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/7A43B4EF-A02C-40B5-9397-E61B1299BB54_zps3l9kbghk.jpg.html) ---------- Post added 20-07-16 at 15:51 ---------- (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/deano23x/media/Bt1/New%20bt1/4315C299-B84D-42B4-8154-CB4BB554A989_zpsbd9cjy5t.jpg.html) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
KatsaArchived member
Awesome stuff man Get another build thread up pronto!!
0 likes
12maneymArchived member
keen for the tuxedo berlina thread!
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Jesus that's the cleanest dirty car I've ever seen lol, Be good to see the next one mate
0 likes
SIrollerArchived member
build threads ftw they are always welcome. re building a car for someone else ive never been silly enough to start that line of work! but as long as your mate keeps it you'll be able to enjoy seeing it around. my old calais was wrapped around a pole in sydney. and my old corona was sprayed matt black and the kid gave up and put it up for sale. bring on the black v8!!
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

0 members and 6 guests active in the last 15 minutes

No signed-in members active right now. Guests are welcome to browse.

Visitors Today82

6,402 threads, 42,765 posts and 627 images saved from CT

18.7% of indexed threads saved