Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Dougs mint Vlct build thread.....

Started by dougall83 · 24 Dec 2013 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dougall83Archived member
so did a bit of work on the vl again today put in a drop box ond b&m shifter, I really like the end result! also got the adjustable strut tops in, plenty of pics lol (https://imageshack.com/i/p2v6V8QSj) (https://imageshack.com/i/paRyAC4Hj) (https://imageshack.com/i/iq650cCvj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p1gJJWd8j) (https://imageshack.com/i/iqz25rWij) (https://imageshack.com/i/exqXi1rnj) (https://imageshack.com/i/exxIsqMrj) (https://imageshack.com/i/id8iSYC0j) (https://imageshack.com/i/ey9JP0sbj) (https://imageshack.com/i/pbWORLXij) (https://imageshack.com/i/paJw5ewMj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BUDArchived member
nice you didn't wanna go lower with shifter as I have found few people it hits handbrake
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by BUD [View Post] nice you didn't wanna go lower with shifter as I have found few people it hits handbrake Yeah mate i lined mine up in park and kept it right forward id heard the same thing,but yeah turned out nice n neat Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
thank f@rk finally here!!!! drove to mackay today and finally picked up, (https://imageshack.com/i/exKcoRbXj) (https://imageshack.com/i/f0jbcx4zj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p5HYxFKqj) ---------- Post added 05-10-14 at 09:47 ---------- A fully build trimatic from CTP race transmissions with pro brake power torque bell housing This should b the end of blowing up autos for a while! It's built to handle 750hp so should b sweet on my setup Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/f0r5RXNHj) (https://imageshack.com/i/iqAMLw0Yj) fitted the box over w/end its got a nice big sump, just need to hook up cooler trans lines and wire transbreak Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
a few pics cleaned up for cruise for charity 11 (https://imageshack.com/i/paAzE94Hj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p8Kpvchgj) (https://imageshack.com/i/idUF2ff7j) (https://imageshack.com/i/idm1E4sDj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Awesome, how you finding the auto?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] Awesome, how you finding the auto? Yeah it is good! Very drivable and the converter size is perfect I think I need to upgrade cam tho, haven't tried transbreak yet lol I'm mite wait till the drag strip Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
car running sweet all day and beard = big smile lol (https://imageshack.com/i/knUGOjbSj) ---------- Post added 21-10-14 at 18:16 ---------- (https://imageshack.com/i/ip9ckRGjj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/eyBEhiflp) a pic from cruise for charity ---------- Post added 04-11-14 at 17:34 ---------- [/COLOR]bloody bumper trims ffs!!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
BigM22Archived member
Hahaha VL bumpers are a nightmare!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
got some more parts for the vl ready for the next chapter, a rollermaster adjustable cam gear and a 6al msd and ss blaster (https://imageshack.com/i/f0EncyHqj) (https://imageshack.com/i/pc9nIakZj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
"No vl is complete without Photoshop" What tyres you running on the front n rear mate?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
They are fairly cheap sunful sf-886 245/35/19s not a bad tyre for the price I haven't adjusted the panhard yet, so get a bit of rubbing but gotta fill up the new long range tank and re-set it, ---------- Post added 12-11-14 at 21:01 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] "No vl is complete without Photoshop" What tyres you running on the front n rear mate? Ha ha photoshop mine needs a lot lol and I'm computer stupid so no chance lol
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] They are fairly cheap sunful sf-886 245/35/19s not a bad tyre for the price I haven't adjusted the panhard yet, so get a bit of rubbing but gotta fill up the new long range tank and re-set it, ---------- Post added 12-11-14 at 21:01 ---------- Ha ha photoshop mine needs a lot lol and I'm computer stupid so no chance lol I don't like over processed pics. Awesome I have the same tyres on my ssv's hope they fit $440 a tyre suck monkeys.[COLOR="Silver"]
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
thought id start cleaning up the holes in the bay, ive never done any work like this before so all advice is good advice see how it all comes along (https://imageshack.com/i/p7CEnADtj) (https://imageshack.com/i/pdSK9U4bj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p7vjlXMIj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p8vUQQFjj) (https://imageshack.com/i/kpzUmYiRj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p4z1ok9Zj) bit of slag fell right on top of the lhf brake line an burnt a hole in it so wasted about 3 hours pulling it off one of the spares at the back of a mates place but in the end got it changed, what a pain lol but typical rookie mistake!!! Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
It's all about giving it a go. I'm not sure about welding side of things but were you grinded the horn holder off you could sand it down with 80, 180, 240 then 320 and apply filler only a few mills thick. Sand down with 600 prime it sand with 800 and paint. But I'm sure there is tech threads or you already know how to sand n paint. Also I found a quick spray can cause lots of work cleaning up overspray. So I Borrow one of the missus bed sheets lol good as a quick throw cover. Looking good. Did you pull some moulds off your mates doner vl??
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Lol he's got a turbo Berlina and a couple of other vls But I steal everything off his cars lol from trim bits couple of n/a autos radiator diff exhaust and the motor in mine pretty much whatever breaks in mine atm,ha ha The brakes off the turbo will end up on me calais too bahaha Yeah a fire proof blanket or throw sheet is a must next time everything made quite a mess but a lesson learnt too I guess
0 likes
TurismoArchived member
Quote: Originally Posted by dougall83 [View Post] Lol he's got a turbo Berlina and a couple of other vls But I steal everything off his cars lol from trim bits couple of n/a autos radiator diff exhaust and the motor in mine pretty much whatever breaks in mine atm,ha ha The brakes off the turbo will end up on me calais too bahaha Yeah a fire proof blanket or throw sheet is a must next time everything made quite a mess but a lesson learnt too I guess As long as he knows you have taken his breaks.... Looking at the pics form towns V C4C11 your VL is the only one without a monster Tacho! Haha it's like the others VL drives forgot that most vls came out with a tacho dash. Or they need a soft light.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by Turismo [View Post] As long as he knows you have taken his breaks.... Looking at the pics form towns V C4C11 your VL is the only one without a monster Tacho! Haha it's like the others VL drives forgot that most vls came out with a tacho dash. Or they need a soft light. lol yeah id love a monster tacho, however cops r really easy going up here if you don't have too much reason to pull u over, im really liking the drivability of mine atm, ive even consiterd taking the 19s off and going 18 or 17 simmons, and I do put the wife n 2kids in it every sat or sunday for a cruise so don't need the hassle! id maybe prefer a shift light by itself one of them ones that dosent require the tacho, Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT