Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

The VL Sleeper effect, MK III

Started by 350stato · 26 May 2014 · 140 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

350statoArchived member
A Sonnax 1.80 billet gearset came up for sale at a great price with perfect timing so I jumped on it, exactly the same one as I was about to order from the USA but $700 cheaper plus postage!! [ATTACH=CONFIG]110602[/ATTACH] Unfortunatly it didnt come with the straight cut sungear for the forward hub so I'll have to order one seperatly, will still save a good $6-700, like this but with straight cut gear to suit [ATTACH=CONFIG]110604[/ATTACH] Like an absolute ****! I sold my poor little Orange Corolla to Goleby, [ATTACH=CONFIG]110605[/ATTACH] Still unsure why but we worked out a deal for half cash, half parts and labour, So I sent it off up there and went up and did a fair bit with him, we got a bit done so was worth it anyway to bring it closer to being a car, I fitted up the Plazmaman Plenum, fuel rail and injectors, [ATTACH=CONFIG]110606[/ATTACH] Goleby does an injector loom to suit these so we fitted one of them and used the -6 speedflow fittings and line I had for the fuel rail lines, I did have to use a bit of his stuff for the return lines due to not having the fittings needed and he doesnt sell speedflow fittings [ATTACH=CONFIG]110607[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110608[/ATTACH] Again we did a mix of Speedflow line and fittings for the rest of the fuel system and used his stuff where I didnt have the fittings. [ATTACH=CONFIG]110609[/ATTACH] We mounted the surge tank in the boot, and ran the lines down under the back seat and through the floor, It's about the best way we found to clear past the exhaust route and not get ****ed up by anything else, It's all teflon braid hose so no ****ing about lol, We P clamped it under the car but I'd like to add a couple more yet [ATTACH=CONFIG]110610[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110611[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110612[/ATTACH] Goleby made a mount for the surge and we ran the line to/from the tank over the other side and used bulk head fittings to go through to the tank, [ATTACH=CONFIG]110613[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110614[/ATTACH] So the fuel system is at this point done, obviously not yet tested and in reality I'd like to make a bracket that covers the lines under the seat and blank the boot off from the cabin area, may somehow do that yet I upgraded the small PWR trans cooler for a larger new version thats 3 times as thick, he took the old one back as it was new anyway, did a change over price thing, we fitted that up under the floor of the car and made some mounts, has a decent Spal fan on there as well so should be good, ran some more braided teflon line and fitting to the dummy box so that's done as well now, It sits quite high in decent spot, hard to see in pics but crossmember etc is lower [ATTACH=CONFIG]110615[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110616[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110617[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110618[/ATTACH] ---------- Post added 06-03-19 at 19:22 ---------- Made a lot of progress and brought the car back home, definatly starting to look like a car, need to buy a couple more gearbag bits and can get that together and then a convertor and the box can go in as well, [ATTACH=CONFIG]110640[/ATTACH] I pulled the cooler piping and front housing off and sent them off to be powder coated in gloss black, should be back next week, [ATTACH=CONFIG]110641[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110642[/ATTACH] I was assured if they had an air gap the Teflon lines would be ok and wouldn't melt but I'm not keen on the idea so I put some Speedflow heat sleeve on them anyway [ATTACH=CONFIG]110643[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110644[/ATTACH] Also ****ed about a bit this arvo and made holes for the trigger kit through the cam covers, I had planned on having the stock GE covers on to make it a bit cleaner, not sure how I feel about it but will paint them up at some point anyway. [ATTACH=CONFIG]110645[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110646[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110647[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110648[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]110649[/ATTACH] Yay for ****en updates, hopefully I'll actually get this **** on the road this year but I wouldn't like to bet my balls on it, anyway, it's definitely a lot closer than it was this time last year....
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 10 guests active in the last 15 minutes

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 47 images saved from CT