Preserved from CalaisTurbo. Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗
13-01-13, 19:21 GMT+10#141 For sure man, always be a spare seat for ya.
Might have to set up a cruise soon. Or even come to beach hop?
0 likes
13-01-13, 20:46 GMT+10#142 Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ-SXYHDT
[View Post]
Looks so sick dont see many around these days!!!
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
14-01-13, 04:52 GMT+10#143 cheers man, thats one of my favorite pics of her, even got it on a mug.
No there doesnt seem to be many around in wagon form, ill keep improving her as i go along.
0 likes
15-01-13, 17:46 GMT+10#144 [/QUOTE]
Hey guys, need your opinion.
Paint rocker covers, satin black or gloss black, or the same grey as the rest?
The more I look at it I'm thinking satin black, as I was going to do strut caps and other billet bits satin black.
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
15-01-13, 17:49 GMT+10#145 i reckon same grey will look cleaner
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:03 GMT+10#146 Satin black will contrast nicely with the grey and give you a good theme to carry through the rest of the bay. Build is comin' along nicely - I'm usually not a fan of the grandpa spec pin stripes, but it just seems to work on your car.
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:14 GMT+10#147 Definitely satin black, will look good against the gloss engine cover
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:28 GMT+10#149 same grey you painted the top cover.
0 likes
15-01-13, 18:43 GMT+10#150 Thanks for imput guys, appreciate the feed back.
I'll do them satin black, if I don't like them it's no drama to redo them
---------- Post added 15-01-13 at 18:48 ----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ_GTS
[View Post]
Satin black will contrast nicely with the grey and give you a good theme to carry through the rest of the bay. Build is comin' along nicely - I'm usually not a fan of the grandpa spec pin stripes, but it just seems to work on your car.
Thanks Gaz, the stripes really do it for me, loved em from first time I viewed the car. I will redo the red stripe in the bumpers to a blood red like the red walls once the VK Calais door mouds go on.
0 likes
16-01-13, 19:15 GMT+10#151 I'd try satin black. I think it would look good. You also would go wrong with keeping it colour coded.
0 likes
17-01-13, 04:48 GMT+10#152 I sprayed them Satin black last night, they look good. See how they look when sitting in place.
now did you mean "would" or "would'nt" there Ben?
0 likes
17-01-13, 07:59 GMT+10#153 Sorry my bro. It should have been wouldn't. It's my fingers. They go to fast.
0 likes
17-01-13, 09:13 GMT+10#154 too fast or too fat? ha. all good thought thats what you meant.
0 likes
18-01-13, 16:05 GMT+10#155 wrinkle black would look cool too....... just saying
0 likes
23-01-13, 18:48 GMT+10#156 had a blast round Hampton Downs track for Mobil Oils Track day.
Got to drive the wagon in anger. Found its limits very quickly of course being a wagon with no sway bar in rear, small brakes and heap load of body roll. but keep her off the walls and had soooo much fun.
---------- Post added 23-01-13 at 18:51 ----------
was on the track with some serious race cars that made me look like i was sitting still. Racing Ray Williams, Mad Mike, GT3 cup cars etc. Mad Mike was completely side ways at full speed drifting past me at one stage, quite a buzz. Managed to keep up with a Suzuki Swift race car, monstered him on straights and he walked away in the corners ha
Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
24-01-13, 00:53 GMT+10#158 Wagon looks killer bro. Some awesome photography right there.
0 likes
24-01-13, 10:54 GMT+10#159 thanks boys, was just a young girl clicking them off. Pretty kol pics.
Be getting those framed for sure.
0 likes
24-01-13, 16:54 GMT+10#160 nice pics looks mint saw it at kumeu me and my brother were admiring the red walls
0 likes