Back to shop ↗
THE HOLDEN COMMODORE FORUM

HOLDCOM Community

Built around the cars. Kept alive by the people.

+ Start a discussion
Holden Commodores gathered at Holdcom
Forum Home›VL Commodore
VL Commodore

Dougs mint Vlct build thread.....

Started by dougall83 · 24 Dec 2013 · 212 replies

Preserved from CalaisTurbo (partial recovery). Original authors and dates are shown; archived members are not current Holdcom accounts. View original archive ↗

dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/idiusZv6j) ---------- Post added 02-04-15 at 21:02 ---------- I won't put up too many pics of paint process but this is base with no candy or flake it's coming out sik I'm really happy with it Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Pics pics pics
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] Pics pics pics I have a couple Deano from today when I popped into the shop but the paint is a 3 layer base,candy,clear Then extra clear with gold flake jams r done rest of car tomoz I'm hanging I don't wanna throw up too many till it done ---------- Post added 03-04-15 at 12:07 ---------- just for u deano!!! im f@rking stocked I know a lot of blokes r gunna say oh lebo spec blah blah but ftw ive wanted to paint a vl Calais like this since I was 14 so im happy as and cant wait to get it in the sun (https://imageshack.com/i/eyhfTB91j) (https://imageshack.com/i/idYw5v3yj) (https://imageshack.com/i/f03aVSLNj) (https://imageshack.com/i/eypDgYpCj) (https://imageshack.com/i/p9eNSn1Qj) (https://imageshack.com/i/f0aseYMYj) (https://imageshack.com/i/paNYBt0Rj) ---------- Post added 03-04-15 at 13:29 ---------- (https://imageshack.com/i/p3xIcxGhj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
MUSArchived member
Absolute porn.
0 likes
priceysVLArchived member
Wow that looks awesome mate.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Thanks guys I'm really happy with how it has turned out bit loud not many paint this way anymore but I love the style (https://imageshack.com/i/eyfPX2Hdj) New twin 044s pumps for E85 also got a 47lt fuel cell with sump for boot as well Going to upgrade full fuel system to barrel E85 push my setup as far as I can b4 power cruise ---------- Post added 04-04-15 at 16:30 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by MUS [View Post] Absolute porn. Cheers mus been along time coming ---------- Post added 04-04-15 at 16:30 ---------- Quote: Originally Posted by priceysVL [View Post] Wow that looks awesome mate. Thanks pricey!! It's all coming together at last it's all worth it the vl life haha Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
I'm jealous big time!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by deanoVLCT [View Post] I'm jealous big time! Cheers Deano I'm happy with it
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Looks awesome mate, good work. Did you base it off a factory colour?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] Looks awesome mate, good work. Did you base it off a factory colour? Thanks 3lturbo, It's a new Mazda colour it's called "soul red" It's a 3 layer base,candy,clear, but I've always wanted a gold flake red calais so without going into the process of painting "yes" it's a factory base coat with factory metallic in it but candy ect after that is custom to get a flake/candy flip affect, full credit goes to Andy the bloke who painted it he is a bloody wizard!!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
few more pics after the w/end drying love it in the sun once the asteroid and black around window r done its gunna set it off, im bloody hanging to get it home and start throwing all the new stuff on it!! (https://imageshack.com/i/pairQbSCj) (https://imageshack.com/i/f0FtEEi9p) (https://imageshack.com/i/f0Oq2tIJj) (https://imageshack.com/i/exYmgxPpj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
had a day off today so headed into painters to put new bumpers together and start putting stuff back together, new tail lights and garnish is mint! (https://imageshack.com/i/ey7qibWxj) (https://imageshack.com/i/ipUge5zyj) (https://imageshack.com/i/ex5R0NwUj) and a shed skid lol (https://imageshack.com/i/p8fNyHjsj) Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(https://imageshack.com/i/ip8EhQghj) ---------- Post added 14-04-15 at 13:41 ---------- (https://imageshack.com/i/ipzLLTUvj) New seals and screens bak in got rid of all the tint too looks a lot better with vs seal and window plastic gone Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
deanoVLCTArchived member
Mint dougs! Is that a new screen? Who did the rubber? It's the universal one yeah?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Hey Deano, NA not a new screen it only had a new one not long ago, and a local mob here did the screens and removed tint from rear, Yeah is a universal seal I think they look a lot better! I reckon those plastic covers hold water in em and cause rust,
0 likes
350statoArchived member
Just f#cking wow! that's fantastic, cant wait to see it with the black engine stuff, is different and awesome!
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 350stato [View Post] Just f#cking wow! that's fantastic, cant wait to see it with the black engine stuff, is different and awesome! Thanks man I'm trying to b different so hard in the vl scene ---------- Post added 11-08-16 at 18:02 ---------- Another upgrade and one I was never going to do, No more hidden cooler! URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpszinknxuf.jpeg.html] [/URL] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
(http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsaqvujvb7.jpeg.html) ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 10:51 ---------- Bit of sun b4 I painted the k frame ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 10:55 ---------- URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsxkrzl8rn.jpeg.html] [/URL] Just pressure packed the k frame it was a bit crappy from the leaking master a while ago Came up fine tho ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 17:56 ---------- So today I just did all those 1% jobs the one on the list was re tapping all the wiring with new black electrical tape it was all old and dirty so one of those jobs 99% of people won't see but well worth the hours to do it looks a lot better And slowly adding the bolt on parts URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsa9d79c9o.jpeg.html] [/URL] ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 17:58 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsyw3uj0qe.jpeg.html) ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 18:00 ---------- (http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsttodfrfy.jpeg.html) ---------- Post added 14-08-16 at 18:05 ---------- URL=http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/kldougall83/media/image_zpsd1atkmh2.jpeg.html] [/URL] Some original photos have not been recovered yet.
0 likes
3lturboArchived member
Looks good! You don't want to hide the wiring?
0 likes
dougall83Archived member
Quote: Originally Posted by 3lturbo [View Post] Looks good! You don't want to hide the wiring? I will to a point but im honestly at a point where i think im happy I'm keen to finish it and drive it so will b clean but not hidden as such
0 likes
Sign in or create an account to reply. New members are welcome—no purchase or old CT account needed.

Who’s online

1 member and 2 guests active in the last 15 minutes

Visitors Today32

3,683 threads, 23,233 posts and 227 images saved from CT